We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Everyone Dies for F4

valus22

there are a couple of mods that change the essential flags to protected, but several NPCs are still unkillable because the setting is overridden by scripts.

i'd like to request a fallout 4 version of "everyone dies", it's a skyrim skse plugin (with source code) that makes all npcs killable and always worked perfectly for me.

• 3 months later...

Mods that make npcs protected or killable don't work for all npcs and need compatibility patches if other installed mods edit them. Something like Everyone Dies would be much better as it modifies memory directly, i.e. works every time, no patches required and can safely be uninstalled at any time.

Edited by kn1ghtfall

• 3 months later...

I have that code but never published, due to half-wits propensity for buggering up their quests then complaining about the mod that allowed them to do so. Now that Fallout 4 is left with a more informed player base, I may get round to packaging it:

Everyone is killable [ by player | by anyone ] removes ghost and essential status from all actors around the player in real time (superseding any hard coded mods), replacing with protected for player kill only or nothing for anyone can kill.
The base of this is already in Combat Settlers. Its not 100% effective as other scripted mods (mine included) can switch the essential flag in between the everyone is killable scans, but 99% is better than base game.
Edit: and no you don't need to hack any base game scripts/assets or use script extenders for simple stuff like this.

Everyone is killable [ by player | by anyone ] removes ghost and essential status from all actors around the player in real time (superseding any hard coded mods), replacing with protected for player kill only or nothing for anyone can kill.

Sounds good, looking forward to trying it.

Edited by kn1ghtfall