Scripting help using Disable/Enable on Statci objects

leedavis

Okay I now see what you meant by "FILL" in your earlier posts.

I did all this and it still isn't Enabling.

In Oblivion there was a check box for "Persistent Reference" I can't find this in Skyrim's Creation Kit. Do you know about this at all

Thanks. Checking out Vid

Dumb question: did you put your new house in the Cell and did you tag it as "initially disabled"?

Yep the house is in a cell, I named the "Refrence Editor ID" and checked "Initially Disabled. This is the same process for Oblivion

LMAO

I unchecked "Initially Disabled" to see if the house would show up overlaying the old...to see if maybe there was a mesh problem. It showed.

The funny thing is I had set the old house to opposite "Enable Parent" and it wasn't showing in game. I laughed for a few minutes on that one.

Noticed a mistake

write triggerRef instead of akActionRef.

It should work now. I'm looking at a default script in the CK.

Crap now the Script Editor WILLN'T save my changes...I'll have to close and reopen the CK.

Uhm, i dunno why it's not working.

Let's do like this, Since you have set your burning house to be disable when the new house is enabled.

Set the new house to be a linked ref to the lever.

Add a script to the lever, type "defaultenable" and select the 1st script.

Read the infos to understand it and fill the properties.

Okay....I made a new script, copy and pasted the old script changed the error....AND IT WORKS.

Now do you still want me to try the linking to lever???

Thanks so much by the way...Papyrus is not like Oblivion scripting...I'll have to relearn everthing..

EDIT: spoke to soon. I was able to disable the new house with the lever. But when I went back to teh script and changed it to enable (and checked "Initially disabled) it didn't work

Only seems to work for disabling instead of enabling

Edited by leedavis

Then try that default script with the linked ref. I'm sorry for the long try, i thought it was easily managable with that script....

Also, i think you should follow that lever tutorial.

Anyway for the quest thing i'm pretty sure i will be able to guide you better