Diablo 3 Announced

Dark0ne

QFT. I know what you mean. I have a lvl. 78 druid who specializes in the 5 wind skils of the Elemental tree. Even though I cut through the enemy hordes like they aren't even there in Nightmare, I'm screwed in Hell difficulty, because it seems like 1/3 of the monsters I come across are immune to cold.

Twisters do physical damage, Big axe with P.emeralds combined with charms will do poison damage... But yeah. all that system did was make people no longer viable without excellent gear and careful planning, meanwhile some classes could just focus on a single skill, and still pwn (hammerdin, bone necro). That's really why lower difficulties are more fun, you can run in and just clear the place out. Used to just love running around with a paladin that had 20 points in holy shock, could pwn everything in normal just by walking up to it.

Diablo 2 is hell in hell difficulty, i cant remeber all the gear i once was given by a guy, he did me a favor and i f-ed up and lost it all, But i could do baal runs in hell with a barbarian. Had some crazy stuff, Couldn't take baal buy myself though so he had his hammerdin pally kill him. Oh the fond memorys.............What dropped! what dropped!

And good luck trying to find runes worth trading if you dont pay for em.................or screw a nOOb out of there hell forge.

I can't wait... I have to wait... Do we have to wait? Cant they just publish it now?

Anyway my eyes are filled with tears, I remember the first time I saw butcher's lair (aaaah fresh meat :D) I was like... 15? was it 1998? then I was 17 or something... I remember the first time I saw Diablo... It was looking awesome, and I remember getting pwned in hellfire (xpansion to Diablo) oh man oh man!!!

Can not wait...

apparantly i am the only one who is utterly not interested in diablo 3

played 2 hated it gave it away

wonder if we wil get a world of diablo after this

In fact it is not a surprise you hate D2, in fact I liked D1 much more then D2 cause D1 had a story, touches your heart, has great twists and turns in the story, I mean I remember the first time I saw The buthcer, I turn around and ran :D the atmosphere was great, it was dark, scary, you would feel the burden on your shoulders, you would carefully pick your way down to hell, it was not about kill and loot... it was a game!

But in D2 the things got out of hand, the dark, tense evil game was not there anymore, instead there was light, tons of monsters, and it was like kill kill kill, run run run, heal heal heal... The game was still great, but it was a mouse button masher now... The story was indeed good but the game wasn't backing that up, yea you are chasing the fallen hero, but I soon forgot that and focus on collecting set items, Lvls, amulets and rings... I was like a mercenary more than a willing stranger to stop diablo once and for all...

So I hope that dark evil Diablo is back with D3 cause I dont want another button masher game, instead I will play Mass Effect (again... Oh I love that Turian) cause I want a good story with a great gameplay (like Mass Effect :D)

Blame the lack of item dupe on official servers and the insanely rare chances for anything other than trash to drop for the focus to be so much on equipment. The later patches actually made things worse by requiring the need for runewords, set items, and uniques so some builds to be remotly viable in hell, or even nightmare difficulty. All that system really accomplished is making farmers and RMT sites more viable.

As for singleplayer, the game really isn't designed for it any more. As mentioned, several builds just aren't practical at certain levels, and some only remain practical because of that uber equipment. The way the game mechanics for D2 are set up, either you end up pwning everything, or they're pwning you.

yea true... I wish it will be more like an RPG rather than hack n slash... I know I will play it even it is another hack n slash, but I wish you know... There will be a bit more RPG elements like D1 and please put in save option in the game... I dont want to sit and beat a chapter so that I dont leave monsters behind :D Even that is ruining the gameplay, it urges you to go back and kill more to see what will the creature drop... I mean is there anyone who didnt explore all Tal Rasha's tombs? Even though you know the right tomb, you go and desecrate all :D why? Cause you need a bla bla rune for your uber longsword so you will write kal - el - uber - man with the runes! The game and the story have much potantiel than this kind of H&S...

I somethimes wish Black Isle was still alive and they get the rights for D, or Bioware buys D so they can publish it... And if Black Isle was still alive and well we would see Fallout 3 in isometric mode (No offense :D)

yea true... I wish it will be more like an RPG rather than hack n slash... I know I will play it even it is another hack n slash, but I wish you know... There will be a bit more RPG elements like D1 and please put in save option in the game... I dont want to sit and beat a chapter so that I dont leave monsters behind :D Even that is ruining the gameplay, it urges you to go back and kill more to see what will the creature drop... I mean is there anyone who didnt explore all Tal Rasha's tombs? Even though you know the right tomb, you go and desecrate all :D why? Cause you need a bla bla rune for your uber longsword so you will write kal - el - uber - man with the runes! The game and the story have much potantiel than this kind of H&S...

On the contrary really. Once you've played the story, there isn't too much else to it. Look at the NWN series, once you've played through the story, you already know what is going to happen.

That hack and slash gameplay was kinda what made D2 as big of a seller as it was. It's addicting since you are always trying to get some better equipment or gain experience. D2 was made to be played like that, the fact that you can't actually get enough levels to kill some of the bosses solo (even with one of the more lowbie friendly builds) unless you literally clean out every dungeon, or play through areas a few times. This becomes even more of an issue in nighrmare and hell difficulties. I would suspect from the gameplay preview that much of those same elements will be in D3. Just hope that they don't do something silly like make all equipment, or atleast major stuff class based. Nothing worse than a stash full of good stuff that you can't use, and can't be bothered to take the time to trade away.