Gaming laptop for fallout new Vegas

Mrfallout5000

Hey guys I'm a big fan of fallout and want to get a gaming laptop so I may play fallout new Vegas on it with some mods but I have no idea about gaming laptos, so if you know of any laptops that's are good for playing new Vegas with mods could you recommend some for me that i could look up and the price of the laptop if you could, it would be great appreciated. Edited by Mrfallout5000

Your budget and the country you live in would help. If you've got the space desktops are far better for gaming, you get a lot more for your money and upgrading parts is a lot cheaper than having to replace the entire thing, something you will have to do when the laptop starts showing its age.

i recommend latops buy ASUS since they are the OEM of their own products, unlike something like Toshiba or Alienware who get their products from Asus and whatnot.

plus i have one and it works just fine for games like New Vegas (which ive played on it)

A few good names for gaming laptops are: Clevo (sager), MSI, and ASUS. Most gaming laptops are re-branded Clevo chassis (Sager, Schenker, Deviltech, Eurocom, Malibal...). There are Alienware laptops but the only ones that are really competitive with the other names listed are the 17'' and 18'' models and they are overpriced when you compare them with other brands.

There are too many individual laptops to give you pricing but when you think you have found one feel free to list the specs and price and someone here will tell you if it is a good deal or not. If you wish to play games on it than a good starting point would be to have either a 460m/560m and a i7 processor (quad core, second gen if possible). The amount of ram is up to you but 4gb should be the minimum. As for a hard drive you could get a small SSD primary drive for your OS (not needed, completely optional) if you want to spend a little extra and than have your second drive as storage. As for standard hard drive 500gb should be good and you will want it to bee 7200rpm. You can also get a 500gb solid state hybrid drive which is a pretty good alternative if you only want to get one drive. You don't get faster start-up speeds like a SSD but it is a bit faster all around than your regular drive.

Laptop graphics cards you could play games well on would be:

AMD

mobility 5870

6970m

6990m

Nvidia

460m

560m

570m

580m

675m(not out yet to my knowledge)

You could get other cards but these ones are able to play most if not all games on high settings (higer end cards on the list can play most games on ultra). Hope this helps you out a bit :happy: .

Like jim_uk stated above, if you don't really need a laptop than a desktop is the best way to go.

Thanks guys for all your replies it's very helpful. If it helps Im from Adelaide, Australia and my price range is around $2000-2500. Here is I computer I found made by asus it is the asus g73jh-a1 here are some of the main spec, and if you could can you give me your opinion on this laptop and if it can run such games as new Vegas and skyrim.

Processor Intel Core i7 i7-720QM / 1.6 GHz

Multi-Core Technology Quad-Core

64-bit Computing Yes

Chipset Mobile Intel HM55 Express

RAM 8 GB

Hard Drive 500 GB HDD / 7200 rpm

Interface Serial ATA-150

Hard Drive (2nd) 500 GB /7200 rpm serial ATA 15

Max Resolution 1920 x 1080 (full HD)

Graphics Processor ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 - 1 GB GDDR5 SDRAM

AC Adapter

Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )

Since you have over $2000 to spend on it I would definitely check out the soon to be released Sager 9270. It starts around $2200 but it is a really powerful laptop. Here are the starting specs:

Intel Core i7-3820 Processor 3.60GHz-3.80GHz (Yes, its a desktop ivy bridge!)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 675M GPU with 2GB GDDR5 Video Memory

500GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Drive

8X DVD±R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive

You can make changes to it like a second hard drive(or even a third), second gpu, and even a 6 core desktop processor. It has a 17.3'' 1920x1080 screen on it also. (The downside is that its one really heavy laptop :laugh: )

Here is a link to the American site with pricing: Sager Laptop (America)

I am not sure about Australian resellers but there should be a couple.

Hey guys I'm back and been looking up some different laptops and found the asus Lamborghini vx7sx-dh71 the specs are

Processor Intel Quad Core i7-2670QM Processor

Clock Speed 2.2 GHz

Max Turbo Frequency 3.1 GHz

Intel Smart Cache 6 MB

Chipset Intel HM65 Express Chipset

Standard Memory 16GB DDR3 1333MHz

Maximum Memory 16GB

Hard Drive * 1.5TB (2 x 750GB 7200RPM) SATA

LCD Display 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) LED Display

Graphics Controller NVIDIA GTX 560M 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Could you tell me if I could play fallout new Vegas on this and if so at very high seetings or standard etc.

The 560m can play Skyrim on high pretty well so I would assume that it could play New Vegas on at least high (maybe on ultra). Are you looking at ordering the laptop online or are those specs from a store? The Asus Lamborghini is a good laptop but you are paying a premium price for aesthetics and the name. If you are spending over $2000 on your laptop try to get either a 570m, 580m, 675m, 6970m or a 6990m. Those are currently the top of the line cards for both Nvidia and AMD. A 560m is a good card but I would think you could get one of the best cards for the amount you are spending.