Need a script? Maybe I can help.

fg109

I'm bored... Tried making my own mod(s) but I completely lose interest as soon as I get done with the scripting parts.

I really like scripting, so if you want something done with a script, post a request here. I'll see if I can come up with something for you.

I will only be providing the scripts, so if you don't know how to attach the script to an object/quest/etc. read the Hello World tutorial. If you don't know how to set the properties in a script, please read the Introduction to Properties tutorial.

Edited by fg109

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need help with a script but I'm away from the computer so I cannot ask you now.

However, maybe you know what to do here. I tried a bit of scripting, and well, I accidentally deleted .pcs files, aka the script source files. I have extracted the bsa archive, but it only had already compiled .pex files. Do you know how to get my script sources from pex files? Like uncompiling them or something?

Load Steam (you might have to go to online mode :yucky: ), check your Library, switch from viewing Games to Tools, right-click Creation-Kit, Properties, Local Files tab, Verify Integrity of Tool Cache. Edited by fg109

Maybe you can help me with a simple script that's been giving me trouble. I've been trying to make a script which I can attach to an XMarker to enable it at sunset and disable it at dawn. Then I can link up the enable state to children object to have exterior lighting that only comes on at night. (before someone says this, yes I am aware that I can just configure the light sources themselves with emittance data to tie them to time-of-day, but I want to also be able to toggle on and off the visible fire and other special effects). I started out trying to just set up a continuous loop that would check the time every iteration and set the enabled state accordingly; this seems like an awful clumsy and inefficient way to do it, but my scripting is rudimentary at best. Maybe you could take a crack at it and do better than me.

Scriptname ExampleScript extends ObjectReference

GlobalVariable Property GameHour Auto
Int Property DawnHour Auto
Int Property DuskHour Auto

Event OnInit()
RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime(0.01)
EndEvent

Event OnUpdateGameTime()
if (GameHour.Value >= DuskHour)
	Disable()
	RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime(24 + DawnHour - GameHour.Value)
else
	Enable()
	RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime(DuskHour - GameHour.Value)
endif
EndEvent

Edited by fg109

I'm wanting to add Verlet Integration, mostly to armors with cloth accents, such as capes, dangling belts and other fabric. That Bethesda Game Jam video had the Verlet Surfaces for rigid bodies, such as banners and flags.

Is that level of coding within your experience? From all the literature I've found, it's considered fairly simple physics implementation.

here are some resources that might (hopefully) be helpful to you:

Verlet Integration in 9 minutes for Flash:

Another link detailing the integration:

http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/idef_deforms_VerletIntegration.htm