Need a script? Maybe I can help.

fg109

@Phnx

To run a script only once the first time you start the game with the mod loaded, just create a start game enabled quest, and put whatever you want done in the purl=http://www.creationkit.com/OnInit]OnInit[/url] event in the quest script. You can stop the quest afterwards with the Stop function.

If you want to have the script run once every time the game is loaded, you would have to do something else.

Thank you again! :)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks a lot Fg!!! You've been a big help. It works to a certain degree but I'm sure that its very difficult to create the script. So for instance you commit the crime with it on they chase you. Then you take off the mask they stop and chasing you and become friendly again but if you talk to a guard he still says you broke the law you owe this or whatever. But in hindsight it works So I'm happy with it.Just don't talk to guards lol. Edited by Nephilim722

@bluesmurph

Unfortunately, there aren't any scripting commands that can affect the crafting system.

@anubispriest

Just change the value of the "NewOutfit" property for each NPC to the outfit you want:

Scriptname Example extends Actor

Outfit Property NewOutfit Auto
Quest Property RelationshipMarriageFIN Auto

Event OnLoad()
if (RelationshipMarriageFIN.IsRunning())
	if ((RelationshipMarriageFIN as QF_RelationshipMarriageFIN_00021382).Alias_LoveInterest.GetActorReference() == Self)
		SetOutfit(NewOutfit)
	endif
endif
EndEvent

@Nite16

Sorry, but there's no way to get rid of those scripts.

@ulera

1. You could script the weapon to appear to fire multiple arrows, but it's impossible to make it seem like they're all fired at the same time. At best, it'd look like a machine gun.

2. You could use GetItemCount in a script to check the amount of arrows the player currently has.

Scriptname Example extends ObjectReference

Ammo property MyAmmo auto
Int property MinCount auto

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)
if (akActor.GetItemCount(MyAmmo) < MinCount)
	akActor.UnequipItem(GetBaseObject())
	Return
endif
RegisterForAnimationEvent(akActor, "BowRelease")
EndEvent

Event OnUnequipped(Actor akActor)
UnregisterForAnimtionEvent(akActor, "BowRelease")
EndEvent

Event OnAnimationEvent(ObjectReference akSource, String asEventName)
if (akSource.GetItemCount(MyAmmo) < MinCount)
	(akSource as Actor).UnequipItem(GetBaseObject())
	Return
endif
EndEvent

EDIT: Can someone recommend some free video editing software? I don't need anything complicated, just something that would let me cut out parts of the video.

Edited by fg109

@Nite16 : I was hoping to help, but from fg109's reply it seems you have a known issue. I feel bad for you, really. :wallbash:

@fg109: Thank you. I think I see how it works. Once attached to the NPC it checks the status of the marriage AND of the relationship to the player: if both are true it changes the clothing on load of the cell where the actor NPC is currently.

Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

@DarkPhoenixxy

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Oops, just noticed that I missed your request. Well looking at your code, there's nothing really wrong with it. What did you to happen, and what actually happened when you used it?

@anubispriest

Actually, it checks to see whether or not the RelationshipMarriageFIN quest is running, and then whether or not the NPC is the specific alias in that quest every time the npc is loaded.

Edited by fg109

Well, my problem is that

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
thisHorse.OpenInventory(1)
endEvent

is working but the

if Game.GetPlayer().IsSneaking()
thisHorse.OpenInventory(1)
endIf
endEvent

Dont work no matter sneaking you or not.

Actually i want to make player bieng able to sneak-use horse, to get something happen instead of mounting it. All that i get so far is opening horse inventory while player still mount it in the same time.

Edited by DarkPhoenixxy

@DarkPhoenixxy

Event OnInit()
BlockActivation()
EndEvent

if (akActionRef as Actor)
	if ((akActionRef as Actor).IsSneaking())
		OpenInventory(True)
		Return
	endif
endif
Activate(akActionRef, True)
EndEvent

Hey any way you can help me create a script that simply when a magic effect is used the player loses a variable amount of health?

It would run via a script attached to a magic effect.

Thanks!

phenderix