Diamond city Homebase workbench glitch

au777fait

As soon as I buy the homebase property in diamond city and try to use the workbench I lose key elements of my workbench menu mainly noticeable is all generators as well as specialty items that were part of the menu before there is no way to get them back except for restarting the game from the beginning. please fix this glitch with diamond city it messes up a person's game completely.

that's not a glitch, that's just how home plate is set up. you can't build certain items there that you're able to in full settlements like sanctuary, such as structures or food/water by default. boston airport and the mechanist's lair (if you have automatron) also block the ability to place certain objects, but it's much less extensive in those locations than it is at home plate.

anyways, to fix this, open the console, click on the workbench to bring up the workshop ID, and type "addkeyword 0005a0c8" without the quotes (pretty sure you can leave out the three 0s at the beginning and still work the same) and hit enter. close the console and open up the workshop and you should be able to build all items.

Edited by willyb9

The code mentioned by WillyB9 indeed restores the HomePlate WorkShop, but not to a fully functioning one. Only a couple of menus are added to do some extra building. HomePlate isn't a settlement but a Player Home and while there's mods that turn HomePlate into a fully functioning settlement, it's not advised to do so because a whole lot of trouble with connecting the WorkShop to the supply lines cloud, trouble in the form of other settlements getting corrupted, quests not triggering properly and brahmins and provisioners getting stuck inside HomePlate.

Plus, the place is just too small to accept settlers, add soil, water and plants, etc...

• 3 weeks later...

You're missing the point people WORKBENCH MENU CORRUPTS so items are deleted from menu anywhere else in the game you can't put a generator anywhere after you try and use the workbench in Homeplate. How is that immersive or anything else other than anal-retentive.

You're missing the point people WORKBENCH MENU CORRUPTS so items are deleted from menu anywhere else in the game you can't put a generator anywhere after you try and use the workbench in Homeplate. How is that immersive or anything else other than anal-retentive.

The point you seem to be missing is that this is a bug caused by something YOU did. I've been using up to around ninety settlements at the same time (there's only thirty-seven in the base game plus all the DLC, when including HomePlate) and never had this issue.

So, it'll be up to you to check what mod you're using that messes up the workings of your workshop menus.