Mods not working for Skyrim SE (Steam)

NoxElohim

*** I'll go ahead and preface this with saying that up until a few days ago I had not played Skyrim, and just started using the NMM even more recently. So it's entirely possible that I'm missing something simple. ***

That being said, I'm running Skyrim Special edition from Steam, and I was looking at some mods online and came across Nexus mods. I downloaded the NMM and it said it was compatible with Skyrim AND Skyrim SE. And when it scanned my hard drive, it found them and even gave the little green check mark.

However, whenever I go to use NMM to install a mod/addon automatically it gives me an error saying NMM is not compatible with Skyrim SE. (Even though it says in multiple places in the program and download page that it is)

I can download the files and install them manually, and I turned to a couple youtube videos on doing that just to make sure I was installing them to the right area.

Which was essentially : C/ programfiles/ steam/steam apps/common/ skyrim SE/Data. And from what all the videos said, that's it. Once you do that as soon as you load the game you're good to go. And as you'll see from the pic included, the mods are installed AND active. (I know, I'm a guy and it's all cosmetic stuff)

but none of them are showing any changes in the game.

Also, the lockpick addon/mod I have isn't working and neither are any of the other ones, And they all have the same green check mark. But when I load up the game, under "addons" it's only got my Dawnguard etc stuff, none of the other things I downloaded to add a little flash and eye candy.

Any suggestions on why they aren't working?

Thank you in advance.

A green check mark on the mods page (see the tab at the top of your image's page) means that the mod is installed properly, but not necessarily active. Click the plugins tab to see if the mods are actually active.

There are a large number of possible problems. You'll need to post more info (for example, mod list and load order just to name two.) But first, you'll need to re-post this thread (or ask a moderator to move it for you) in the proper sub-forum here. You'll get a lot more people looking at it there which increases the chance that someone can help you.

What you are showing is the category view for your mods. Click on the green icon with two arrows on the left of the page to show your mods. After installing a mod you must activate it in the mod page by clicking on the check mark just underneath the green cross to the left of the mod page. After activating your mod go to the plugin page and make sure it is checked.

However after saying all that I would recommend if you want to have a stable modded game to look up tutorials on the mod tools you will need to achieve that, You cannot just download a bunch of mods and expect your game to run smoothly. You should have at least a working knowledge of NMM or MO2, LOOT, SSEEdit, and Wrye Bash. If you want a stable modded game you are going to have to put a little work in to get there.

According to this, it looks like they are up and running.

And I do agree with you Andrew, but I did read through all of the installation tutorials for each of these mods and installed them and activated them the way that the pages with the downloads themselves showed. Albeit I had to do it manually because NMM says it's not compatible with skyrim when I try to use that even though it is compatible with it. I even went and watched some more tutorials on the mods and many of the people were just unzipping the folder, dragging and dropping to their appropriate folders and the mods were working without a hitch.

Lydia on my client for example, suddenly got shiny (almost anime like) hair, but none of her dialogue or cosmetic changes other than that went through.

and the lock pick one isn't showing up anywhere... I may have to re download that one since it's not even in my list it looks like.

Btw. Thank you Ledd