Where have all the paintings gone?

Borearis

Seriously, don't Nords decorate their homes with some paintings? I miss Oblivion's picture frames and art. It's kind of sad they didn't even include a single framed picture in Skyrim. I am going to convert the Oblivion objects at some point in the distant future, but if any of you feels like getting started with this I'd very much appreciate that. :-) Make Skyrim a prettier place!

Painting Mods already exist, if I don't say so myself:

Paintings replace wall-baskets

LB-ID includes purchaseable and placeable paintings

I am working on an update for LB-ID as we speak, that will include more paintings, improved normal maps, placeable (and functioning) mannequins*, workbenches, beds, chests, etc.

So, keep it tracked. It may take me another week or so before I'm ready for the update.

*Already in and working perfectly for me

I totally agree with your sentiment missing the Oblivion Pictures, Paintings, easels, and tapestries. But distributing those assets for Skyrim is illegal.

Well. "Illegal" is a little far-fetched. Unwanted by Bethesda, yes. But not illegal; as illegal means "against the law" which is not the case unless Bethesda somehow earned the rights to be part of any country's government. I know what you mean, though. Still, it's nowhere near illegal no matter what those gaming companies want to make everyone believe.

@ LittleBaron

I'll be looking into that! Thanks for your response!

Well. "Illegal" is a little far-fetched. Unwanted by Bethesda, yes. But not illegal; as illegal means "against the law" which is not the case unless Bethesda somehow earned the rights to be part of any country's government. I know what you mean, though. Still, it's nowhere near illegal no matter what those gaming companies want to make everyone believe.

Unauthorized use of copyrighted content isn't illegal? Nice to know... :rolleyes:

Unauthorized use of copyrighted content isn't illegal? Nice to know... :rolleyes:

*chuckles* Oh, come on. You know how it goes. I'd be the first to laugh my arse off if a gaming company sued a modder for porting stuff from a game owned by them to another of their games, and I'd also be the first to double-facepalm if stuff like this ever made it before a court. It's so ridiculous it hurts my brain to even think about it. Not like any of us makes any profit this way, which is a valid reason to insist upon copyright claims. Other than that it's just plain ridiculous, not even taking into account that most modders are either underage or poor broke slobs anyway...

*chuckles* Oh, come on. You know how it goes. I'd be the first to laugh my arse off if a gaming company sued a modder for porting stuff from a game owned by them to another of their games, and I'd also be the first to double-facepalm if stuff like this ever made it before a court. It's so ridiculous it hurts my brain to even think about it. Not like any of us makes any profit this way, which is a valid reason to insist upon copyright claims. Other than that it's just plain ridiculous, not even taking into account that most modders are either underage or poor broke slobs anyway...

They may not go after a single modder unless they wanted to use him as an example, but they most certainly would take the site down that was hosting such material.

Rabbit