Legolas Look Alike not possible

kuinngu

I believe that this is exactly how elves should look. The Mer of morrowind looked nothing like people. The same is obviously seen in Skyrim. Elves are a completely different being than humans. So just because we see them as ugly, they probably see humans as hideous, too. Would you like Orsimer (Orcs) to look like humans? No. They are Mer just like all other elves. I think that these are the perfects distinctions between humans and Mer. Hell, Argonians probably look at humans as being ugly. With our white, pasty, weak skin. I applaud Beth for the changes.

The elves still can look alien like and be appealing, but in tes games they always look like rugged punks for some reason and before anyone starts with beauty crap talk, no im not talking about that.

I like the look of orcs, i think they are the best looking nonhuman race, that is both intimidating and appealing.

you can make truly beautiful elf if you work around to make it just search the nexus (and without mods, just vanilla elves), but the problem here is that he try to recreate Legolas, and with the standard skyrim preset is very difficult

Yes it is possible with mods, but the overall design lacks in style, all face presets come from one core face and that makes them very generic, plus skyrim has only face presets without the possibility to truly customize them.

I wonder if it would have been really that hard for beth to copy/paste the character creation sliders to skyrim.

For many of us elves subconsciously represented our better self - what we dream of becoming as a species - that's why so many of us want them to be prettier. It's kind of stupid that even though we have 3 types of elves in the game, Bethesda didn't make the other types (like the wood elves) prettier a simply kept the dark elves fish-like. They had material to work with. I did notice the females are prettier than the males. Here's my elf...

I played a dark elf before, only thing i used, were texture mods for the face and eyes...it is possible to do a nice looking character but there isnt much difference between the males and females, because of the masculinity.

http://i42.tinypic.com/6qjnv8.jpg

With mods:

http://i42.tinypic.com/156e69w.jpg

.. this is already a custom race though, but still having the sliders to properly costumize the face would make things so much easier.

Edited by pavy

I believe that this is exactly how elves should look. The Mer of morrowind looked nothing like people. The same is obviously seen in Skyrim. Elves are a completely different being than humans. So just because we see them as ugly, they probably see humans as hideous, too. Would you like Orsimer (Orcs) to look like humans? No. They are Mer just like all other elves. I think that these are the perfects distinctions between humans and Mer. Hell, Argonians probably look at humans as being ugly. With our white, pasty, weak skin. I applaud Beth for the changes.

Yeah, it's not like they could've opted for something more subtle. Making elves look like the bastard spawn of Greys was obviously the only way to distinguish them from humans :P

Yeh, there's still many people in Iceland who believe in elves, trolls, fairies and gnomes and are scared to **** by them. They wouldn't want to be nowhere near "Legolas", that thing would frigging kill them. Now I don't have anything against Tolkien, but he pretty much ruined the folklore of Europe. Unintentionally of course, but he did. Though maybe Peter Jackson and Leonardo di Caprio are the ones to blame...

Elves were mostly cruel creatures used to scare children from doing something dangerous. In my childhood my parents would tell me there was a neck living in the ditches so I wouldn't go near them or she'd grab my leg and drown me. I remember walking very slowly towards ditches trying to see the neck, never going near enough for her to grab me. Never saw that *censored*, but thanks to that I never drowned in a ditch, lol :D

And I used to watch some old documentaries and children's shows about fairies and trolls and such. And they were frigging scary! I still don't understand how I had the guts to walk in the woods when I was a kid. Today I'd probably s*** in my pants if I heard even a single twig cracking. Maybe it was a bear? Or a frostbite spider?! Omg :D

But yeh, you can't make the mer look like Tolkien's "elves" since they are not the same beings.