Legolas Look Alike not possible

kuinngu

Why couldn't Bethesda just went with the flow and made them look like elves from other games.

More to the point, why couldn't Bethesda have made Skyrim elves look like the elves from their other games?

I'm not all that familiar with the Morrowind look, but while the default elf face in Oblivion wasn't exactly something a mother could love, it wasn't all that difficult to make a handsome/beautiful elf in that game -- and I'm not talking about one that looked that way because they were made to look human. The Bosmer was, I think, the most difficult of the mer races to customize to look "good" (to my eyes), but even that one could, with a little work and no mods, be done quite well. The elves in Skyrim are hideous. In fact, most of the default appearances in this game are hideous, and the tweaking can't make most of them look much better.

Someone said that the people in Skyrim are better because they don't have the supermodel look, implying that's what those of us complaining about this want. I disagree completely. I don't think most of us want a supermodel look. I certainly don't. I want smooth (not blocky) outlines. Faces in this game look like roughly hewn stone sculptures, before the artist has made any attempt to smooth out the edges and round the facets. It wasn't like that in Oblivion, and I doubt it was like that in Morrowind. The difference between Skyrim and Oblivion is that Bethesda dramatically simplified the tweaking, and, I suspect, the face mesh. We had a plethora of settings that could fine-tune a face in Oblivion. We have only several handfuls, now, and they're woefully inadequate to move the face much away from its default appearance.

With mods:

http://i42.tinypic.com/156e69w.jpg

.. this is already a custom race though, but still having the sliders to properly costumize the face would make things so much easier.

This isnt elves, they are children disguised as elves :)

Much more better the vanilla elves, as i sayed before with a little mods you can make truly beautiful elves

snip

This isnt elves, they are children disguised as elves :)

Much more better the vanilla elves, as i sayed before with a little mods you can make truly beautiful elves

Yep that's why there is written "with mods"...meaning that with mods you can change them to whatever you want..to a certain point.

Thats why i also posted the first image just with texture mods.

Edited by pavy

All of that is okay, its just that some people cant get over it if someone isnt having the same image of elves as they do...someone wants a legolas looking elf?...sure why not...someone wants a monster looking elf?...sure why not.

It always surprises me how narrow minded some people here are.

The skyrim appearance is actualy more like the Morrowind style. The elves looked very alien in Morrowind and to a slightly lesser extent in arena and daggerfall.

Oblivion made all the races look very... homogenised.

Personaly I like the unique approach to elves in TES.

Why couldn't Bethesda just went with the flow and made them look like elves from other games.

More to the point, why couldn't Bethesda have made Skyrim elves look like the elves from their other games?

I'm not all that familiar with the Morrowind look, but while the default elf face in Oblivion wasn't exactly something a mother could love, it wasn't all that difficult to make a handsome/beautiful elf in that game -- and I'm not talking about one that looked that way because they were made to look human. The Bosmer was, I think, the most difficult of the mer races to customize to look "good" (to my eyes), but even that one could, with a little work and no mods, be done quite well. The elves in Skyrim are hideous. In fact, most of the default appearances in this game are hideous, and the tweaking can't make most of them look much better.

Someone said that the people in Skyrim are better because they don't have the supermodel look, implying that's what those of us complaining about this want. I disagree completely. I don't think most of us want a supermodel look. I certainly don't. I want smooth (not blocky) outlines. Faces in this game look like roughly hewn stone sculptures, before the artist has made any attempt to smooth out the edges and round the facets. It wasn't like that in Oblivion, and I doubt it was like that in Morrowind. The difference between Skyrim and Oblivion is that Bethesda dramatically simplified the tweaking, and, I suspect, the face mesh. We had a plethora of settings that could fine-tune a face in Oblivion. We have only several handfuls, now, and they're woefully inadequate to move the face much away from its default appearance.