ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Skyrim crashes

Firemagei

So I have been playing skyrim for a while now, level 53, and for some reason a few seconds after I fast travel to some place, it crashes. The crash is fast and clean, no crash or error box thingy, it just closes. One minute it's there the next it's gone. I just noticed this to today, I tried updating STeam but that didn't help. Though I am downloading TF2. Anyone got any advice?

EDIT: Well I fixed the problem. It seemed to be a case of conflicting mods.

Edited by Firemagei

there were 3 things causing crashes on my setup so far

1. my game crashes in about 5 minuets without the memory tweak on this steam forum http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2227329

scroll down to where it says "Memory limit increase - fix lagging "

2. Windows updates / .net updates

3, spyware/malware/viruses

also good to defrag

I have had a similar problem and after re installing Skyrim, trying older saves, starting new game, I gave up and ran a diagnostic on my PC. Some reason almost 2 gigs were locked up even at idle, meaning I didn't have enough ram to run Skyrim. Close all programs, right click on your Windows bar, and open up Task Manager. Click on the performance bar. If running Windows Vista 32 bit you should be using no more then 800mb-1gig of your memory. Don't know what kinda computer you have but there should be a diagnostic tool when your computer first starts at the bottom it'll say hit F11 or something like that. Run all the diagnostic tools and it should fix it.

I have had a similar problem and after re installing Skyrim, trying older saves, starting new game, I gave up and ran a diagnostic on my PC. Some reason almost 2 gigs were locked up even at idle, meaning I didn't have enough ram to run Skyrim. Close all programs, right click on your Windows bar, and open up Task Manager. Click on the performance bar. If running Windows Vista 32 bit you should be using no more then 800mb-1gig of your memory. Don't know what kinda computer you have but there should be a diagnostic tool when your computer first starts at the bottom it'll say hit F11 or something like that. Run all the diagnostic tools and it should fix it.

Well nothing really shows up when I first start the computer, I have a Windows 7 64 bit, 4 gig of RAM, and I'm using 1.67 gigs right now. I've got skype and not much else running.

A lot of people are experiencing this, including me. I tried everything, I've got a level 51 Redguard and for some reason if I fast travel somewhere, no matter where to, it gives me an instant CTD. This game has become unplayable.