textures in diamond city disappearing/reappearing?

slugger255

yeah, i just disabled the diamond city expansion mod and the flickering is gone. A shame, i wanted to see what was added, but im way happier with a city i can actually walk in than one thats halfway gone. Thanks!

You should pick it up with the mod author. There's a possible workaround through changing the bUseCombinedObjects= settings in your Fallout4.ini (under [General]) from "0" to "1" but that has the downside that this will cause a major loss in fps all over the game, depending on GPU power.

You should pick it up with the mod author. There's a possible workaround through changing the bUseCombinedObjects= settings in your Fallout4.ini (under [General]) from "0" to "1" but that has the downside that this will cause a major loss in fps all over the game, depending on GPU power.

Sorry, but the way that reads it seems like you have the 0 and 1 switched around :wink:

bUseCombinedObjects=0 is what will kill your FPS and overall performance. This .ini edit should NEVER be used as it globally disables the game’s optimization system and generally causes more problems than it solves. It can cause real problems with interior cells if they have poorly structured room bounds and portals that some of the interior cells in the game do. It is not a default .ini entry by any means and was only intended to be used during game development for testing purposes.

bUseCombinedObjects=1 in theory would re-enable precombines but in actuality it should just be removed from the.ini altogether as it’s redundant. If there is no .ini edit the game will revert to the default state which is to operate with precombines/previs and full optimization active as intended.

Been playing with bUseCombinedSettings=0 for two and a half years now. Never seen a disadvantage besides the fps drop. Not saying you're wrong, RRTV, just that I've not had any of the negatives while having tried/used over four-thousand FO4 mods, meanwhile.

Got between a hundred and fifty and two-hundred 2 and 4K retexture mods and I still have my 60fps with drops to just above 30fps in Boston Common, the Freedom Trail and a few other spots, on a MSI RX470 GamingX 8GB GPU. Sure, the game could run smoother, but until I get either an NVidia 1080ti or an AMD Vega64, I'll take the hamperings and stutterings as they come because I prefer that and a great looking game over toning down on the whistles and bells in order to get a steady 60fps everywhere but with murky textures.