[LE] Trying to find structures

I am attempting to build a new worldspace for a mod I'm working on, but I am having difficulty finding buildings. I want the Dunmer rounded structures like those in Solsheim, but I can't seem to find them in the CK. Does anyone know where these might be located? I can find the standard Nordic structures like houses, dungeons, etc. Just can't seem to locate the Dunmer dwellings. :confused:

Also, I placed a coc marker on my worldspace, but can't seem to get it to work. The .esp file is loaded in the launcher. Does the marker have to be named the same as the .esp? Thanks.

Edited by varkonasnorse

Never actually used a COC marker for going to an exterior cell but I doubt its name matters. if your happy to go to the centre of a cell just COW worldspacename x,y (x and y being the coords of cell you want to go to eg 0,0).

Never actually used a COC marker for going to an exterior cell but I doubt its name matters. if your happy to go to the centre of a cell just COW worldspacename x,y (x and y being the coords of cell you want to go to eg 0,0).

Ya, tried that. I obviously did something wrong. I guess not all tutorials are failsafe or definitive. When the CK starts crashing on you, you know you did not do it right. :sick:

coc markers don't need names. they get the name they use from the cell they are in. if you named a grid cell in your space myspacecenter then just in game coc myspacecenter. change the name of the grid cell and the coc automatically changes. you don't coc to the whole worldspace but to individual cells in it. and dragging the coc masrker from one grid section to another will change the name you need to use in game.

coc markers don't need names. they get the name they use from the cell they are in. if you named a grid cell in your space myspacecenter then just in game coc myspacecenter. change the name of the grid cell and the coc automatically changes. you don't coc to the whole worldspace but to individual cells in it. and dragging the coc masrker from one grid section to another will change the name you need to use in game.

Ah, that makes sense. So it's dependent on the individual cell. So that holds true for all exit/entry points in the worldspace then?

Ah, that makes sense. So it's dependent on the individual cell. So that holds true for all exit/entry points in the worldspace then?

Yes. Just like in Tamriel there are a lot of coc markers that you can go with commands like coc lostmineexterior. I've never tried putting 2 markers in the same grid space but they are so small it would be pointless. You have to name the gridspace though. I don't think trying to coc to a wilderness cell would work. There are too many.

Thanks greyday01, that did the trick. Now it takes me to right area, but I am ending up inside a rock about 25 yards from the marker. The marker is on a dock about 50 ft from the shoreline. I suppose could remove the rock, but that wouldn't resolve anything. I tried to edit the marker, but I don't see anything that looks like a distance or proximity setting. Any ideas on that?

I did resolve the buildings issue though. Seems I needed to load the correct DLC for the buildings (DLC02) for Solstheim. At least something worked right today. :happy:

Thanks greyday01, that did the trick. Now it takes me to right area, but I am ending up inside a rock about 25 yards from the marker. The marker is on a dock about 50 ft from the shoreline. I suppose could remove the rock, but that wouldn't resolve anything. I tried to edit the marker, but I don't see anything that looks like a distance or proximity setting. Any ideas on that?

I did resolve the buildings issue though. Seems I needed to load the correct DLC for the buildings (DLC02) for Solstheim. At least something worked right today. :happy:

That doesn't seem right. I always land right on the marker facing the way it is pointed. I've moved markers around a lot to place myself close to what I was currently working on. Try deleting the marker and dragging a new one in. Try making a game save without your mod (or any mod) active, then activate your mod. When testing in game load the save you made without any mods then coc to where you need to go. If you had made a save with your mod active the location of the marker might have got baked in and so it keeps putting you where it used to be. Can't think of anything else to suggest.

Did some more searching this morning and found posts and articles that suggested that coc markers will generally put you in the center of a cell rather than a specific spot. I'm thinking maybe use a different kind of marker. Just gotta find out what's best that will also work with fast travel. I'll play with it. I'm not in a big hurry to get it done.

Edited by varkonasnorse

It helps if you spell the target destination correctly, I guess. LOL! I had two letters switched in the name. Changed it. Went right to it. Duh! My follower don't go with me though. Anyone know why? From what I've read my follower should go right into the new world with me. But that ain't happenin'.