Suddenly Skyrim Won't Recognize Savegame ESM and ESPs

manchuligans

Hi Everyone,

So I'm playing Skyrim and everything is working normally, and I take a break, but then I start up the game and try to load any savegame, Skyrim won't recognize or can't see any ESMs or ESPs, including things as basic as Skyrim.esm. I get the savegame is missing these ESMs/ESPs warning.

When I continue to load the game anyway, I get a rush of notifications about mods being activated and MCM menus being found as if I were starting a new game.

This has happened before, but suddenly the game went back to working correctly, I don't know why. I didn't change anything. Now Skyrim is doing this again and again, I didn't change anything. I just took a break for a couple of hours.

I've tried loading cleaned saves and saves that haven't been cleaned. No matter what save I try to load, Skyrim just doesn't want to recognize the ESMs and ESPs.

If anyone has a advice or insight, I'd appreciate it.

Clarification. In the past you experienced a good running game that out of nowhere acted up and then went back to good, and here recently its back to being weird? I'm not a computer person, but if it was running fine, took a few hours off, came back and its running erratically, you might have something running in background that's bogging your system down. Are you on a Windows10 OS? i think i've read they typically have more background programs running. Google CPU background and check that out, it wouldn't hurt to put steam in offline if it's not already. You can also look into a CPU tester program, if you get good results from that you could eliminate a few things