Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is an assassin character fine?

Will they join the group or stalk the group?

No. No stalking or bloodthirsty attacks this time... unless someones paying for your head, in which case I promise nothing.

Brutii, on 02 Mar 2013 - 09:56, said:

AurianaValoria1, on 02 Mar 2013 - 08:47, said:

Brutii, on 02 Mar 2013 - 08:18, said:

No. No stalking or bloodthirsty attacks this time... unless someones paying for your head, in which case I promise nothing.

That's where you're already going wrong. You have to promise that you'll abide by the rules. You cannot kill off another character without that RPer's consent. And no one will consent to it. Some of our members' characters have been with them for years. You cannot kill off their favorite character just because yours is a hired assassin.

Good or evil, your character must fit in with the others. Planning must take place between roleplayers...it's the reason why we've been going this long. Asking and discussing is what makes the world go 'round here. You cannot be a rogue antagonist.

Why not create a character that fits with the others? Why does it have to be a character that constantly creates chaos? That's not what we want here. If that is the way you want to play, find another RP or create your own, because that is not how it is going to be here.

So, do you want to create a character that fits in with ours? Do you want to ask and discuss before you act in a way that might infringe on another player's right to control his/her own character?

If so, present your character sheet to me, and we'll see how it goes. But I repeat - no assassin unless he/she can curb their natural tendencies all the time.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Brutii, on 02 Mar 2013 - 09:56, said:

AurianaValoria1, on 02 Mar 2013 - 08:47, said:

Brutii, on 02 Mar 2013 - 08:18, said:

That's where you're already going wrong. You have to promise that you'll abide by the rules. You cannot kill off another character without that RPer's consent. And no one will consent to it. Some of our members' characters have been with them for years. You cannot kill off their favorite character just because yours is a hired assassin.

Good or evil, your character must fit in with the others. Planning must take place between roleplayers...it's the reason why we've been going this long. Asking and discussing is what makes the world go 'round here. You cannot be a rogue antagonist.

Why not create a character that fits with the others? Why does it have to be a character that constantly creates chaos? That's not what we want here. If that is the way you want to play, find another RP or create your own, because that is not how it is going to be here.

So, do you want to create a character that fits in with ours? Do you want to ask and discuss before you act in a way that might infringe on another player's right to control his/her own character?

If so, present your character sheet to me, and we'll see how it goes. But I repeat - no assassin unless he/she can curb their natural tendencies all the time.

You misunderstood. I meant i cant promise the character wouldnt try not that I cant stay within the rules.

An person who kills on instinctivly is a pyscopathic murderer. I would think that a hired assassin would more likely sociopathic or simply lack a moral code.

Edited by Brutii

You misunderstood. I meant i cant promise the character wouldnt try not that I cant stay within the rules.

Same thing in this case. We're talking no character fights unless both parties agree to it first. The main reason why this RP has gone on for so long is because of that. No in-fighting. Think of it in terms of MMOs, this is PVE not PVP. End of discussion really. Don't like it? Well there are other RPs going on here that you can join that may allow that sort thing.

*thoughtless interjection*

If Echo had stayed, her mare would've drowned! :ohdear:

Actually, I just wanted to say you folks are so talented - highly enjoyable read, as always, and I love where you're taking the story (both sides, good and evil). Brass dragon for the win. :wub:

*thoughtless interjection*

If Echo had stayed, her mare would've drowned! :ohdear:

Actually, I just wanted to say you folks are so talented - highly enjoyable read, as always, and I love where you're taking the story (both sides, good and evil). Brass dragon for the win. :wub:

Yeah, we all should have done like William did and shrank the horses into figurines. :P

BTW, miss ya. :D

Edited by AurianaValoria1

You know, I actually did think "If Echo were here, her horse would have to be left behind!" at one point during that situation. ;D

Also, that part where William shrunk his pony was spur-of-the-moment when I typed it. His pony is like, now in one of his many pockets, munching on some oats or something. :'D

--------------------------------------

Also, also, I have to agree with the statements about fights in this RP. They're all premeditated to a certain extent. Something like this usually happens:

"Hey, do you think it would be okay if I had ____ fight your character?"

"Yeah, sure. Why not?"

"I'm gonna have him injure you badly, if that's okay."

"Don't think you'll get off so easy, either. :P "

et cetera :U

After that, the posts with the fighting happen until it's over, blah blah blah, explanatory things.

--------------------------------------

Edit after reading Auri's latest post: Charmelion. :wub:

Edited by tokyobleach