Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I need to take a break for a while. I have so many essays, applications, and various other assignments to carry out. I'll be back at some point, but for now if anyone wants to take control of my characters they can. Otherwise, this is a impermanent goodbye.

D: awwww

well, may as well not add stress upon stress, right? No problem XD see ya another day then :D

So as it turns out I entirely forgot to mention that as of 5 o'clock today, I'm gone till 3-4 o'clock on Sunday, which is apparently the worst possible time to BE gone since it looks like things are starting to build up plot-wise.

Sorry about that, but a mandatory field exercise is a mandatory field exercise, fun or no XD

OK, so I finally settled on a day and month for Rhaine's birthday. :tongue: Took me long enough. :laugh:

I also updated her sheet, adding her saves and attributes, plus adjusting her pet list. I also added the stats for her weapon.

Name: Rhaine Alcinea

GENERAL INFORMATION:

Race: Half-Elf (Human father, Sun Elf mother)

Age: 23 (Born the 3rd of Uktar [The Rotting], 1355DR - the Year of the Harp ; aging ceased due to Chosen status)

Class: Paladin/Favored Soul/Doomguide [Chosen]

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Deity: Kelemvor

APPEARANCE:

Height: 5'8''

Weight: 135 lbs

Hair: Shoulder-length, wavy, dark red hair with faint golden/copper streaks.

Eyes: Emerald green with a jewel-like depth

Skin: Creamy, golden tinted

Handedness: Generally right, but ambidextrous with a bastard sword

Scars/Tattoos: None

General physical description: Rhaine is a slightly small-framed, lean and graceful. Her facial features are angular, like her elven kin, but have been softened by her human blood. She has long, dark lashes and naturally dark lips. Springing from between her shoulder blades is a pair of black feathered wings, shimmering with a green iridescence.

Voice: Rhaine's voice is medium pitched, not low or high, and is generally quite smooth and calm. Her tone rarely changes except when she is angered, in which case it becomes softer and quieter; she is not prone to yelling or screaming. In fact, her deathly quiet words are, more often than not, much more intimidating and can draw just as much attention as shouts. Due to her half-elven blood, Rhaine is able to affect all sorts of accents depending on whom she is around at any given time - her speech can reflect any class from noble to commoner and almost any region, given enough time to adapt to local dialects.

Clothing/armor: Her armor is a special suit of full adamantine plate, made by a dwarven smith of Shadowdale and designed with her wings in mind. She rarely dons a helmet except when expecting a dangerous battle. When out of armor, she wears her standard priestess garb of brown and black robes.

Weapons: Rhaine's only weapon is her bastard sword, Touch of Death. It is a simply designed, yet beautiful blade, with a black scabbard and hilt. A single, octagonal peridot adorns the pommel. (Damage: 1d10, Critical Threat: 19-20/x2, Type: Slashing, Enhancement Bonus: +6, Keen, Damage Bonuses: +10 against Undead and +10 against Chaotic)

Other Magical Equipment: Lyonsbane Ring (Saving Throw vs Death +15, Immunity to Mind Affecting Spells*), Ring of Major Fire Resistance (30), Greater Amulet of Health (Immunity to Level/Ability Damage, Disease, and Poison), Nymph Cloak (+5 Charisma), Boots of Striding (+5 Constitution).

*added by Xallistine

PERSONALITY

General Personality Traits: Rhaine is very quiet by nature. She is generally slow to anger, but her temper can be triggered by certain actions or phrases; she is especially defensive of children, the elderly, and the deceased. She enjoys company and talking with friends but is somewhat guarded when it comes to her past - she only reveals her experiences to those who earn her trust. Once one does earn that trust, however, it lasts a lifetime. She goes out of her way to protect her allies and those who cannot defend themselves.

Likes: Her god, quiet places, simple foods, wine, good friends, honesty and integrity, both nature and the city, animals - especially horses, any Temple of Kelemvor and usually any member of his clergy unless they prove themselves to be unworthy, the Churches of Lathander and Tyr.

Dislikes: Liars, manipulators, law-breakers, necromancers, unworthy clergymen, hypocrites, the Churches of Bane, Shar, Talona, and Cyric.

Fears: Falling, both literally and figuratively

Attitudes towards friends/strangers: Rhaine is willing to give most people the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves to be untrustworthy or dishonorable

Opinion of the world: Toril is a beautiful and wild world guided by higher powers, but it falls to mortals to make it the best place they can.

HISTORY

Birthplace: West Harbor, the Sword Coast

Family/Relationships: Father Unknown, mother Esmerelle (deceased), foster father Daeghun Farlong, mentor Father Dunstan

Friends: Nawen Relve'fer, Xallistine, Reona Dala'ess, Arva Ivaebhin, Ianthe Moonblood, Alphonse, William, Arland and Weyland Grey, Amendale, Kalin Orus, Azuris (basically all of her current companions)

Enemies: Banites, Sharrans, Cyricists, Ravenna Everdawn and anyone allied with her, necromancers

Background: Rhaine is the Chosen of Kelemvor, a fact she only discovered within the past few years. It is something that has taken her a little bit to get used to - it's not everyday that the gods paint a massive target on one's back. Now, however, she has fully come to terms with her position and the responsibilities that come with it.

With this Chosen status, Rhaine no longer ages, and she has the ability to see the souls of those around her if she so chooses (she can tell a person's deity and degree of faithfulness by the color and intensity of their auras - this has no physical or magical effect on either her or those seen).

Rhaine is formerly the Knight Captain of Crossroad Keep, having defeated the King of Shadows roughly five years previous. Another little-known fact is that she was also the Spirit-Eater of Rashemen.

OTHER INFORMATION

Skills: Bluff (7), Concentration (18), Diplomacy (17), Heal ( 8 ), Lore (5), Spellcraft (30)

Saves: Will (31), Reflex (23), Fortitude (33)

Attributes [w/equipment]: Str (16+3), Dex (16+3), Con (20+5), Int (10), Wis (16+3), Cha (24+7)

Feats:

Augment Healing: Healing spells heal more than average

Combat Casting: Rhaine can better resist interruption when spellcasting

Silent Spell: With few exceptions, most of Rhaine's spells are silenced, meaning she cannot be Silenced by spell or specified zones

Sacred Purification: Can convert Undead negative energy to healing magic, restoring allies' health while simultaneously damaging Undead

Low-Light Vision: Can see farther than average human in the dark or magical darkness

Racial Immunity: Sleep

Wings: Gives small speed bonus

Aura of Courage: Rhaine is immune to fear and her presence gives her allies a slight bonus against fear effects

Bond of Fatal Touch: Rhaine can call upon a magical bond with Kelemvor's sword, Fatal Touch, temporarily boosting her own damage against Undead. She can outright destroy lesser Undead with this power and deal physical damage to ghosts, spirits, and wraiths.

Damage Reduction: 10/Cold Iron

Favored Soul Resistances: 10 Cold, Acid and Electricity

Ethereal Purge: Can force incorporeal beings into stark physicality, severing connections to the Ethereal Plane

Kelemvor's Grace: Immunity to death effects plus allies in 10 feet get +4 bonus against death effects and negative levels

Lay on Hands: Paladin healing ability (rarely used)

Smite Evil x 3: Extra damage against evil creatures and humanoids

Turn Undead x 22: Freezes, frightens, or outright destroys Undead within a certain radius

Favored Soul Spellcasting: Rhaine can cast selected Cleric spells from level 9 down.

Languages spoken - Common, Elven, Celestial, Infernal, Abyssal, some Dwarvish

Pets/Animal Companions: white mare named Angel, black warhorse named Azrael

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Cool. The Rotting, eh? A month equivalent to November. :tongue: And the names of both year and a month kind of fits too. I mean Kelemvor is Lord of the Dead and then there's rotting and worm... I think I'll stop typing now.

Should we celebrate our characters birthdays? I think it would be cool. :dance: But then everyone would have a task to settle for a day and a month too. :laugh:

Good thing I did it a long time ago. Nawen was born in Deepwinter (January) and Year of the Lion. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws.

Birthdays, eh? I just picked a random date for my character's birth... never put much thought into it, but it's an interesting concept. :wink:

Also, something completely unrelated to what I just said...

So, I've been having this problem where posts here don't show up on my email - I like to follow these topics so I'll know what's going on - but it wasn't showing up :down: . Finally, I checked my spam folder, and sure enough, there the notifications were. Anyways, I was wondering: has anybody else had this problem? I'm interested to see if it's just me, or anybody else.