Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of Gods, Rilifane is going to make 2 appearances, one to help deal with the construct, and two to grant horses. I figured with Kelemvor being a celebrity Guest lately, that Rilifane would appear too. although his forms for both occasions will be different.

It's good to know that your so powerful people need a god to deal with you :laugh:

AAN is right though, there is like 7 of you, a dragon and such, and you figure you need to bring a god into the equation...

The dragon was Auri's idea, not mine. And the god is just here to talk sense into you, not destroy you. If you attack, he will stop your attacks, as he only destroys when absolutely necessary, as is the personality of the Treegod

And I am the personality of the god of getting pissed of at all these gods

try talking some sense into him... thats going to be a long, long conversation...

Especially if its a construct that was specifically constructed to kill all drows, you can't exactly just talk to it and it will stop. You can't stop a printer printing (unless you break it) You can't stop music on a radio (unless you break it or turn it off)

Especially if its a construct that was specifically constructed to kill all drows, you can't exactly just talk to it and it will stop. You can't stop a printer printing (unless you break it) You can't stop music on a radio (unless you break it or turn it off)

Actually he was made to kill for a drow, then he got betrayed by his creator/mistress and is now hell bent on murdering all drow because he sees them as a plague on the world... which isn't exactly an unfounded belief

If you'll notice, Kelemvor does nothing but talk. That's it. Cameo appearances where he offers advice and nothing more.

Rillifane should be limited to that as well. I realize that gods are very important and very much involved in what goes on in Faerun. But their use in this RP must be limited.

The dragon was also a cameo, not a permanent character. He will not be coming back. He was added temporarily with the logic that a) Gold Dragons are paladin-like characters and b) he was in the vicinity and decided to help, as Gold Dragons often do; he was not introduced on the fly...none of my characters are.

If Baldur wishes for Rillifane to make an appearance, it makes perfect sense considering he is Caladus's patron. But as I said above...he must be used for advice only. The gods cannot act on behalf of their followers.

If you'll notice, Kelemvor does nothing but talk. That's it. Cameo appearances where he offers advice and nothing more.

Rillifane should be limited to that as well. I realize that gods are very important and very much involved in what goes on in Faerun. But their use in this RP must be limited.

The dragon was also a cameo, not a permanent character. He will not be coming back. He was added temporarily with the logic that a) Gold Dragons are paladin-like characters and b) he was in the vicinity and decided to help, as Gold Dragons often do; he was not introduced on the fly...none of my characters are.

If Baldur wishes for Rillifane to make an appearance, it makes perfect sense considering he is Caladus's patron. But as I said above...he must be used for advice only. The gods cannot act on behalf of their followers.

That is exactly what he is doing. He talks. If need be, he cannot attack, but he could heal any who are attacked by the construct, this is the limits a god may have on a battle according to the D&D third edition rules, which the Forgotten Realms games are bound by. The exception is if he is within a temple of his worship and that was only done once, in Baldur's gate 2 in the city of Suldanessalar

And there will be no gods in battle in this RP - it is bound by my rules.

An additional word of advice: lose the all caps. If you wish to emphasize, italicize within quotation marks.

That is exactly what he is doing. He talks. If need be, he cannot attack, but he could heal any who are attacked by the construct, this is the limits a god may have on a battle according to the D&D third edition rules, which the Forgotten Realms games are bound by. The exception is if he is within a temple of his worship and that was only done once, in Baldur's gate 2 in the city of Suldanessalar

So basically, any attack I make is void? Wtf...