Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Sefris followed Aedan's example, giving the reins of her stallion to the man with a nasty glare that made the young man tremble a bit - it was becoming more of a habit than a necessity. She stretched her arms up as she walked into the tavern, looking around with a slight hint of boredom. Why did they always stay at the most boring and smallest filthy excuses for inns, she did not know. Perhaps they were trying to keep a low profile? She did not know not care, walking over to the Fallen's table. Bloody red irises with cat-like pupils met the lifeless ones, showing no fear nor caution as it might be the case with the rest of the group and the big majority of those who Aedan met before.

"Mind if I join you? I'm afraid that the circus will try to influence me with their unbearable attitude if I stick with them for far too long." she asked with a faint smile, hand resting on her hip as she held her bag with the other, spear still on her back.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhaine, like the others, entrusted Ghost to the stable boy and went into the inn. She noticed that Saerileth was hanging back with Aricia for some reason, but the Doomguide thought nothing of it. The eladrin tended to stay solitary, and so it was not unusual for her...and Saerileth was her daughter, likely wanting to speak with her privately.

She also saw Shaori rush past her, holding her stomach. Perhaps some turbulence had made her sick, or she was having some digestion troubles. Whatever the case, her hurried manner indicated her own wishes to be alone, and so Rhaine did not follow her.

The Doomguide ordered some food and brushed past Xallistine, who seemed to be drawing a diagram of sorts. She seated herself in front of him, hoping that he wouldn't mind, curiosity evident on her face, "What do you have there, friend?"

Aricia looked at Saerileth with a smile and said "Nothing you need worry about my daughter... i was just... dwelling on the past." She paused for a moment, putting her arm around Saerileth's shoulder and saying "It is a beautiful evening, is it not?"

Xallistine picked up another two quills with his free tentacles, and then added to the intricacy of the design, bringing to life the detailed Arcane circle, the eye visibly drawn in the middle, and the sketch of a woman resembling Rhaine was in a circle at the top of the diagram, in a deep sleep, and what appeared to be waves of energy flowed from her head, connecting to the eye in the center, and all of the other figures in the circle. He finished, and slid the thick Journal, with all of his notes on the eye, and the paper he drew the arcane construct upon to Rhaine"A way to tap into your mind Lady Rhaine... to explore your dreams."

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

"Aye, that it most definitely is. Mother, why dost thou push away those wishing to help thee? There is no shame in accepting help, I am almost as proud as thee, probably got it from thee anyway, yet I accept help." Saerileth asks, mostly curious, partially just thinking aloud.

Caladus gets a meal, and walks over to Nawen's table. As he did so, he leans in and whispers to Rhaine, "Would you check on Shaori please? I get the feeling she has injured herself somehow, and doesn't want to trouble me with it." Continuing toward's Nawen's table, he says "Mind if I join you?"

Aricia looked at Saerileth, tears welling in her eyes, and falling down her alabaster face "You are so much like your father my dove.... So very much." She smiled faintly through the tears, and tried to find away to explain why she was so cold. "When you have lived for millenia as i have my daughter... you learn not to accept the help of others... I have been... wronged... betrayed in the past by those who said they could help me, instead they only served to bring pain and suffering to those around me... That, and a life of solitude and high mannerisms demand you remain composed at all times... i cannot rely on others, i cannot accept the help they offer... call it a personal code if you will."

Nawen pulled her hood down and started eating the meal she had ordered. She wasn't quite sure what exactly it was but it tasted good. She looked around the tavern to see what her other companions were doing. Everyone were busy with their own activities.

She glanced at The Fallen and her emerald eyes met his silver ones. "You look familiar." Aedan spoke while he watched her. "Have we met before?" He asked. Nawen was taken aback by such question. Today, was the first time she saw him how can she look familiar? For a moment they just started at each other. The ranger started feeling uncomfortable so she looked away just in time to hear Caladus's asking if he could join her. "Of course." She replied.

Aedan was watching everyone in the tavern. The Mind Flayer was writing something but he did not care what it was. He turned to look at the hooded woman who was really a Drow. That's when their eyes met. "A Drow with green eyes..." He thought. He was positive that he saw Nawen before. Not another green eyed drow but her.

He looked away from her when she did. "I don't mind." He said to Sefris when he noticed that she was standing nearby and gestured her to take a seat. "You call them circus?" He laughed at her choice of word. "What can you tell me about this... circus?" He inquired and leaned back in his chair, Vengeance placed against the wall beside him.

Caladus sits, and pushes his own hood back. "Tell me my friend, you seem rather pensive, or perhaps nervous. Anything on your mind?"

Saerileth glances at her mother. "I am thy daughter. If thou canst not trust me, the one you gave birth to, who canst thou trust?" She felt slightly insulted.

Edited by BaldurAnthology

Sefris took a seat across Aedan, leaning back as well as she set her bag beside her and crossed her legs.

"Is it wrong to call them such? Look at all the companions our Doomguide has: two drows, two squidheads, a nymph, a dwarven spirit, an avariel, two eladrins - one to be specific, the other is a only a half-eladrin, I think - two elves, a halfling, me and now there's you." she moved wild locks of her hair from her face, her gaze catching the white tips for a tiny moment.

"I consider that one hell of a circus." she shrugged, looking at the Fallen before her. "Demons, angels, birds, elves...we pretty much cover it all. Was there anything specific you wanted to know about some of our members?"

Aricia opened her mouth to speak... but found herself lacking an answer... the truth was, deep inside that she could trust no-one, not the gods, not her friends, not herself.... but perhaps she didn't even realize it "That is a question i have no answer to..." She said hesitantly "Let us enjoy the view my dove, before you grow your feathers."

Nawen leaned closer over the table so only Caladus could hear what she's talking about. "I don't really like our newest companions. Both of them are... creepy." She decided not to say anything about what Aedan told her. Even if it unnerved her she still wanted to know what he meant by what he said, before speaking about it with the others.

Aedan listened to Sefris with the smile on his face. "What an interesting group indeed." He thought. One even stranger than the other. "This will be very interesting." "Should I count you amongst the 'our members' ?" He asked. None of them seemed as interesting as Sefris to him.