Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Rhaine nodded solemnly, finishing her plate, "I understand. Perhaps we can locate what you need in the next town. For now, I will retire, as we have more riding ahead of us."

She returned her plate to the barkeep and brushed past Nawen and Caladus, offering them a small smile, "Good night, you two."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caladus stood quickly, and gave Rhaine a brief hug. "Thank you for looking after her. You are sure she will be all right?" He said, worried.

Tyra smiled at Nawen. "As I said. Tyra Ironwing. You are?"

Saerileth puts her arms around her mother, and feels happy and safe for the first time in a long while.

"Goodnight." Nawen said to Rhaine as she walked past them.

"Nawen Mithrilaxe Relve'fer. A pleasure to meet you." She said to Tyra. The ranger was surprised in herself. It was a very first time she introduced herself and used the name of the house she was born to.

Rhaine patted Caladus on the shoulder, "Yes, I'm sure. Worry not, Caladus, and get some rest."

She then returned to the long corridor and, as always, chose the room at the end of the hall, locking the door behind her.

They looked at him with slightly annoyed looks on their faces, and asking what he wanted. So he told them, telepathically tethering their three minds together.

You two, of all the people in the room, would be considered worst--yes? I want to know what you two are really here for.

Sefris look at Ysmillr when she had heard his voice in her head. It was a bit strange at first, for she had never had a telepatic conversation. She glanced at Aedan for a second before replying to the newcomer.

I suppose some would call us such for finding certain satisfaction in things the rest of the group considers "evil". She said with a light shrug, taking a sip of her wine.

Idiots. The fey'ri rolled her eyes, looking at Ysmillr with light curiosity.

Why do you ask? I find myself in this little circus because I lacked excitement, danger and adventure in my life and I was told this circus provides it all. So far I didn't get to burn or kill anything nor anyone. she said the last part bitterly, still looking at Ysmillr. That wasn't the only reason, but it was the only one she will reveal. Yes, definitely having fried squids for dinner.

Edited by Alaylyne

Rhaine lay in her bed, thinking about the upcoming ball. If memory served correctly, the event was being held on the Feast of the Moon...approximately a tenday away. They should be able to reach Arabel in plenty of time to prepare for the ball, including buying proper clothing. She briefly wondered why the family had chosen such a holy day - a celebration of remembrance and storytelling, particularly sacred to Kelemvorites, but also to followers of Tempus and Shar. Then, she realized that they were taking advantage of the already jubilant mood to add to the excitement of the wedding.

They certainly were attention-seekers, then. But, such things were to be expected of an up-and-coming noble family, eager to get themselves exposure. The Doomguide sighed. She had never been one for politics...one of the many reasons she did not retake her mantle of Knight-Captain. Hopefully, the event would prove a bit more involved than just gossip-mongering over glasses of wine.

The best part about telepathic communication is that you cannot hide anything from me, demoness; and if you are having fried squid, I'll be attending to my brain craving. Your mind isn't quite safe, and you should remember it.

A wave of humor extended from his mind to theirs, replacing the need for laughter, and showing his feelings in a way that laughter never could.

Edited by nethgros

Aedan watched Ysmillr wondering what he really wanted. Their brains?

He was surprised when he heard him speaking in his head yet somehow the feeling wasn't so alien to him as it was to Sefris. At least she looked like that. Did he have dealings with Mind Flayers in the past? He could not remember if he ever was in the Underdark.

Why should we tell you anything? Aedan asked suspiciously.