Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xallistine looked at Rhaine and said "We should not have let him live, he will only harm more creatures."

-------------

Ravenna's movements were slower than before, as she stepped inside the fort, before her there was a large corridor, and to the right a circular stairwell, suddenly, from the darkness of the stairs, a pair of iron-clad men ran down, yelling battle-cries, Ravenna quickly spun, flicking her wrist upwards, a wall of fire immolating the pair, who paniced, screaming as the flames ate away at there flesh. Ravenna finished them off with another equally as fast move, a blot of thunder through the pair. "Look out for more... we shall take the main chamber." She said, even such a small amount of magick made her age, her face wrinkled, and sagging "And if possible, please immobilize any women... i shall have use for them later." She spoke, continuing on towards tha large doors of the main chamber.

"Perhaps," Rhaine mused, "Perhaps not. We have no way of knowing for certain. Is his abusive nature punishable by death? To some, yes. To others, no. In any case, he has benefited us in some small way, and we have, simultaneously, done nature a good turn."

With that, she kicked her heels into Ghost's flanks once more, turning the stallion's head to the northwest.

Their progress was indeed slowed. Moving off the road had forced them to a walk, as their horses had to pick their way across pebble-strewn hillsides. Before long, it was dusk, and they found a flat place to pitch camp near a lone acacia tree. Rhaine tethered Ghost near the tree and began to untack him. Glancing to Nawen, she asked, "Is there any game to be found around here?"

Nawen tied the horse to the tree and stood still. She wasn't familiar with the wildlife of this region as much as she wanted to because most of her life she spent in the Sword Coast or Icewind Dale but she tried to remember if she ever read or heard anything about it. "Very unlikely." She finally spoke looking around.

Aedan drew his sword and followed the witch. "Immobilize women?" He questioned raising his eyebrows. "Too much effort involved." He thought. As he was no mage he had no useful spells to paralyze someone.

Rhaine frowned and sighed. Rations for supper tonight, then. Luckily, because they had the good fortune of eating at inns most of the time, they still had a good stock of supplies.

She turned and began disarming herself, laying her sword and pack next to her horse's saddle - which she would be using as a pillow. As she removed her gauntlets and began unstrapping her armor, she looked around, wondering where Ianthe's little wizard friend had gone. They had yet to speak about what had happened back in Arabel. Perhaps tonight would be a good time for everyone to catch up.

The demoness was smirking, little fire sparks already flying from her fingertips as she followed the witch.

"Oh, trust me, you'll see what the women are for~" the sorceress chirped, throwing a quick glance at the Fallen behind her.

"Luckily not on me this time..."

Xallistine Dismounted fatty, and continued reading the book Illius had entrusted him. it was proving to be quite the read... quite the dangerous read, for the knowledge contained within was deadly.

--------------------

Ravenna nodded to both Aedan and Sefris "If i recall, this is the 'Throne room', so whomever the cheiftan of these savages is, he'll be in here." The witch chimed, pushing open the large stone doors, and chuckling slightly at the sight before her. On the throne was a large, brutish man, and his "Guard" all in slightly higher grade iron, or most likely an alloy.

"Who dares enter my hall! I am Rigrold the Chief! And this is my fort!" he boomed, drawing his blade in one hand, and readying a destructive spell in the other.

"Don't make me laugh." Ravenna blurted out, in between a disturbing, cackling laugh, letting a bolt fly from her hands at the large man, his guard all coming at the group as well.

Nawen dropped all of her things not too far from her horse. "I could look around, maybe I'll catch something for dinner." The ranger suggested. She wasn't sure if she'll find something or not but it was worth the try.

She looked over at Xallistine and noticed that he was reading the book she took from those cultists. The book also reminded her of the sorcerer. She mumbled something under her breath and started walking away from the camp.

Aedan looked around the throne room. The place was overgrown with plants. Roots were growing from the walls. "This is going to be fun." He said and drew Vengeance once he spotted the guards running towards them.

Rhaine smiled at Nawen, "If you do not wish to venture out this late, it is by no means an obligation. This is unfamiliar territory, and I am not sure if your efforts would prove fruitful. But if you wish to hunt, go ahead. Just make sure not to stray too far, in case you need help."

Now garbed only in her arming vest and breeches, she neatly arranged her armor beside her pack and saddle. Noticing that Xallistine was lost in his book, she took the liberty of untacking Fatty for him.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

"It is the year of the Cauldron, No? then this you may all wish to hear..." Xallistine suddenly looked up from the dark tome, and read aloud a passage of prophesy:

"On the year of the Cauldron, hidden from day, the essence of a goddess will be stolen away, By one who has long since fallen astray, from the light in our souls, from the good that is the way. who's heart is as black as a thousand nights, who's gaze strikes fear and joy alike, who's personality is split in two, will reach divinity at the hour of Blue, For Miora's eye will open wide, to entrap those who reside inside."

-----------------------

Ravenna continued to throw spells at there opponents.