Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Ravenna smiled, and said "I prefer the philosophy only the strong deserve to live... Which can easily be reversed into the weak deserve to die hmm? Now then... i was on my way to repair my blade, you may accompany me if you wish." She said with a smile.

Aricia sat at the table, having finally finished healing up her leg, she let out a sigh... her clothes were in a right state, and she was not going to confront her Daughter, confrontations did little, and she had neither the time, nor the patience for them.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"'Tis the same thing, no? Strong ones will become powerful and survive, weaklings will hide and die." she said with a smirk, now visibly relaxed in the woman's presence. Finally someone who has brain to see how this world functions. "It's not like I'm in a hurry to return to that inn, so sure." she smiled slyly.

Nawen looked up from her food when she noticed Rhaine. "Of course." She said with the slight smile on her face but then she remembered that she was still with her hood on. She frowned and pulled the hood down. The inn was almost empty so she hoped that no one will start bothering them for having two dark elves in the group.

"You should try sausages and potatoes. They are so delicious." She added and took a bite of one sausage.

Rhaine grinned, taking her seat with a wink, "Thank you, but I'll take your word for it, my friend."

She was in the mood for something refreshing, and the various fruits on her plate would serve that purpose. The Doomguide plucked a grape from its stem, rolling it between her fingers thoughtfully as she realized something about Nawen was missing. She hesitated for a moment, finally popping the grape into her mouth before asking, "Nawen, where is your amulet of Mielikki?"

Nawen stopped eating when she heard Rhaine's question. She looked up at the Doomguide. Should she lie and say that she lost it somewhere? But what if she will not believe in her lie. The ranger wasn't a good liar anyway. Why was she so afraid to tell the truth? They are her friends after all. Was she afraid that they might reject her and cast her out because of what she did?

"I..." She trailed off hesitating to speak. "I threw it away." Nawen said sadly and lowered her head.

Saerileth had been walking past Nawen and Rhaine's table heading to the counter for more food, and heard Nawen say she threw her amulet away. She shrugged, and continues walking. What did it concern her if she stopped having faith in Mielikki? That goddess never really helped her followers anyway. She brushes a hand gently across Nawen's shoulder and smiles at her as she passes.

Shaori decided she was tired and went to bed. Mokuba walked over to Rhaine and said, "Hello again, Chosen One! I hope you and your group are faring well?" He turns and sees Nawen looking down about something. "Dark one, I have this to say to you. I know not what you are depressed about, but there is a story from my village that always perks me up. Once, there was a man who had three sons. Now, he and his three sons lived well. They had a home, and food on the table, and two of the sons had girls chasing them. The oldest felt left out, and decided to go it alone, thinking he did not need his friends and family. He went on a journey, and met another Avariel. She was lost and lonely and confused, like he was. The two of them fell in love, and he had 3 daughters. He then understood how good he had had it. Now, can you guess who the oldest child is? I'll give you a hint, you know him and his youngest daughter." He laughs a hearty laugh and says "My point is, never let yourself go astray, or be consumed by despair. There is always someone out there, whether it be god troubles, man troubles or hey, even woman troubles, I don't judge! Think on that." He smiles and walks off to get a drink.

Rhaine was abashed. She thought of her own amulet, and how much it meant to her...not only for sentimental reasons - as it was crafted by a dear friend - but because it was also representative of the bond between her and her god. If she were to throw it away, it would mean her completely rejecting the trust he had placed in her. It would be symbolic of total rejection. Was this what Nawen had done? Had she completely rejected Mielikki as her goddess, now?

"What?" The Doomguide stared at her friend, "How...what happened? Why would you do something like that?"

She glanced up, "Oh, hello, Mokuba."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

The woman got up and strolled away, calling in a drow to speak in her place. At least he realized that illithids don't have spoken conversations, and had prior dealings with them.

Yes, I wish to extend... a helping hand to such a brave, and noble group of adventurers - such as yourselves. I've seen you in action, and it pleases me (the way you do work). So I guess having left you here in her place, your leader leaves this decision to you, drow. What say you?

Reona retired to her tent, deciding to eat rations tonight. She didn't like how the army had to stay on the outskirts of the towns while she, the commander, and Arva were allowed to sleep in the inns. The commander was aging, so his staying in the inns, sleeping in proper beds, and getting ample rest was fine with her. It was his last mission, after all. She and Arva, however, deserved no special treatment just because of the circumstances.

Arva sat in front of his own tent, identical to Reona's, but at the other end of the camp. He thought back on the kiss from earlier and smiled. It had felt better than the other one... He was happy.

As everything went on, William and Ianthe tried their best to find all the bottles that were once inside the tent. One had shattered, sending a swarm of bees after William. Another had lost its cork and dripped out its contents, which seemed to be burning holes into the ground.

"Argh," William grunted, "I won't be able to fight at all, not without these..."

"You wanted to write our stories, right? This would make a very good one, I think." Ianthe nodded to herself.

Nawen looked up and smiled back to Saerileth when she passed by. The young girl was chosen of her God. She must feel very honored to be chosen at this young age.

She also listened carefully to the story that Mokuba told her. At first she could not understand how this story is related to her situation or was Avariel just telling the story to try and cheer her up? His advice was truly good but what if she already went astray? "Thank you for the story and your advice helped." She said and smiled sadly.

Then she turned back to Rhaine. She feared that the Doomguide will not understand. She has to be one of the most faithful people Nawen had ever met. The ranger sighed and looked directly into the Doomguide's emerald eyes. "All those years I worshiped Mielikki I did everything her worshiper should do. Only twice I asked for a bit of guidance. I felt so lost but I received no guidance." She sighed heavily and looked around for a brief moment before turning her attention back to Rhaine. "When Kelemvor visited us in the camp and Rillifane Rallathil granted Caladus a horse and even a healing spell, I saw that some Gods do care about their worshipers..." She trailed off. This wasn't easy for her to talk about. "I know I'm not special but what more do I have to do for her to care about me?" She lowered her head again.

Edited by Naktis