Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

The fey'ri nodded, walking behind Ravenna in the same, graceful manner as the woman before her did, not even dreaming of the danger that may threaten her. For now, she was simply glad she had found someone who isn't a complete moron. Hissing at Caladus in her mind, again. It's not that she didn't like the Drow. She hated his guts.

"What brings you here?" she asked, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear as she looked at the woman. "Surely it's not just because of the blade."

Edited by Alaylyne

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nawen watched the bow in the amazement. She haven't used her own bow in quite some time now and not only because she wasn't that great of an archer but because the short swords she was using now were made by her foster father, dwarven weaponsmith Dhulgar which she loved dearly.

The ranger glanced at the bow again. It was very well made and very beautiful too. It would be very rude to reject such a gift. Especially when Mokuba worked on it for such a long time. "Thank you. It is very beautiful." She took the bow gladly and smiled warmly to the Avariel. "I will treasure it."

Rhaine was in the midst of another nightmare. Having gone to bed with thoughts of the Wall of the Faithless on her mind, that was exactly what she was dreaming of. She could hear the winds of the Fugue howling in her ears, along with the mass wailing of thousands - no millions - of trapped souls, slowly being eaten into the wall to serve as mortar for another million Faithless souls on top of them.

And then, snippets of voices joined the cacophony.

"...the Wall...it drains everything away..."

"...your soul has gone to fill it..."

"...is that your soul? There, in the Wall...?"

"...you started the Crusade...now you must finish it..."

"...you denied them true peace, and now you must die..."

There was a knocking sound, and she was jerked out of her sleep, shooting straight up in bed. Her heart pounded, her body covered in a slick sheen of cold sweat. She struggled for breath as she tried to calm herself. But as soon as her wave of fear subsided, it was replaced with anger. Rhaine snatched the decorative vase from the nightstand next to her and threw it against the wall, where it shattered into a thousand pieces.

"Damn it!"

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Saerileth hears the scream and shatter from Rhaine's room, and bursts in, hair still damp, eyes wild, in nothing at the moment but her undergarments. Eyes surveying the room, she sees Rhaine looking wild, and a vase on the floor, but otherwise alone. Figuring the woman had woken from a nightmare, she decided to offer comfort and wisdom, such as she had, to the woman who had helped her so much. Pulling her nightgown back on for the sake of modesty, she picks her way through the shards, delicate feet dodging and weaving to avoid getting cut. She sits on the edge of Rhaine's bed, and gives the woman a hug. "Come now, Lady Rhaine. Tell me about thy nightmare. It is no good to keep it to thyself, and mayhaps there is meaning to it, unless it involves mutated carrots or something foolish like that." She smiles, warmly and comfortingly, seeming almost motherly.

Caladus went to bed shortly after posing the question to the psion, and woke to a knock, and a vase shattering. He heard that sound at the last inn, and wondered if Arva had stayed in a room and broken a vase again. That boy needs to work on his dexterity. He thought to himself, and went to wash, being doubly careful to check which bath he went into this time.

Shaori woke when she heard a knock on her door, recognizing it as that of her father. He always did have an odd knocking pattern, a 7 tap pattern with 5 knocks, a short pause, than 2 more. She rises, and walks to the door, opening it to see her father knock on another door, and present a bow to Nawen. She sighs, knowing the woman rarely used her bow, but her father didn't know that. She grabs her washing things, and goes off to wash, nodding at the attendant.

Xallistine's deep concentration, and rejuvenating rest was broken by the sound of the vase exploding on the wall, his pupi-less eyes opened, hearing the loud crash, and he got to his feet... the mental connection he had formed with the lady Rhaine meant that he could feel her anger... knowing it was indeed her who had been awoken so abruptly. He exited his room, and made his way down the hallway, psionically opening the door, he stepped forth into Rhaine's room, seeing her covered in a sheen of sweat, the pieces of the vase across the floor "My lady Rhaine... i can feel your anger and pain."

The drow had asked him if he wouldn't kill all of them, but this had left him in silence, and the drow had left. Would he really keep to himself, because the prospect of getting the vast stores of knowledge this group had would've made him drool, if he could. But Ysmillr knew that he couldn't beat all of them, which he would have to, and travelling with them would bring him a great amount of power. So he decided to keep his urges in check, though it would be difficult.

He was about to reach out to the leader-lady of the group -though he still did not know her name- and tell her he was prepared to join, but he sensed that she was quite distressed at the moment. He knew he could do nothing for her, so he chose rather to go out into town and look for a little snack instead.

Rhaine accepted Saerileth's embrace, chuckling slightly at the girl's actions. She was fifteen - almost sixteen - years old, but she was speaking as if she had far more life experience. But she had not. She had lived a pampered, sheltered life on the slopes of Mount Celestia, safe and free from the cares and troubles of the mortal world. Her mind could not fathom the darkness that Rhaine had been plunged into when she was but three or four years older than the girl-paladin.

"I thank you, Saerileth," the Doomguide eventually said, her voice shaking, "But you would not believe me if I told you, and it would take a month to explain. Besides, it is nothing more than visions of the past...bad memories. That is all."

She glanced over Sae's shoulder and saw Xallistine, "I am sorry to have disturbed you, friend."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Saerileth's tone, although caring and concerned, takes on a hint of an edge. "Thou shouldst not underestimate the trials I had to go through to become the chosen of Tyr. He didst state he had plans for me, but I hadst to climb Mount Celestia, andst there was I to open the gates to the realm of the gods, and behold mine lord's true form as my final test. I didst slumber for a week and a day after that, near death at the horror and magesty of that one brief look at the true form of Tyr. I have seen things, and I do know things. Thou shouldst not underestimate me due to my youth." She smiles again, and stands. "Think on this, Lady Rhaine. I must dress." She walks out of the room, careful not to cut her bare feet on the vase shards again, and did just that.

Xallistine stepped out of the way for Saerileth as she walked out of the room, and then made the way in himself. She he entered, he picked up the shards of the vase with his psionic power, and placed them neatly together in a pile on the floor. "Lady Rhaine... what i had felt in the tremors of your mind... Nightmares are becoming commonplace for you... while i will not try and suggest i have been through what you have, nor compare my trials to your own... i wish you to know that i am here should you need me... whatever you tell me, i shall keep to myself, reflect upon... Perhaps try and help you as you have helped me. But, what is for sure, is that perhaps... if you would let me, i can help you condition your mind, help you block out these nightmares... from the moment we met, a connection was formed, perhaps you have noticed it also. Allow me to manipulate that connection, to blot out these night terrors... or, i can simply talk with you." He said kindly. Xallistine would never be as able in combat as he used to be after destroying the Phlactery of the dragon, but his sorceric and psionic abilities were still as powerful as ever.

Nawen had placed the bow and the quiver on the table beside her other things just in time to hear that something shattered in another room. She stepped into the hallway to see what's going on only to see Saerileth entering into someone's room. The drow quickly returned to her room and grabbed her short swords and went to the same room where Saerileth went.

Without bothering to check what is going on she barged into the room her short swords in her hands. "Def..." She trailed off as she saw Rhaine and Saerileth. She sheathed her weapons. "I'm sorry for barging in like that. Is everything alright?" She inquired.