Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

The Doomguide nodded at Illius's inquiry, "That I have. It isn't something I'm exactly used to, but I think it may help us in the long run, if you know what I mean."

She then turned to Nawen, "Agreed. Let's go."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sefris smirked, leaning back on her chair and crossing her legs. "Glad to see at least someone has a proper sense of humor in this little monkey-group." she said playfully, looking at Aedan. The ball ought to be fun with the Fallen around.

She payed little attention to the man Nawen was with, as much as one would pay to a fly flying by. Who the hell cares, anyway?

"So what about that show off, hmm?" The fey'ri leaned on the table closer to the man across her and looked at him with her cat-like pupils, a hint of amusement in her voice. "I don't think it would be a good idea for me to show off mine in the middle of a crowded inn, though. First, too little space and...well, if they started running away in fear, that would actually be fun, but I do not think our dear leader would approve." she made a grimace.

Rhaine stepped back outside, looking around. Thankfully, Caladus's choice of inn had placed them squarely in the middle of the marketplace. She gestured around, "Well, where to first?"

Caladus goes and sits in an armchair by the fireplace, pulling out a pipe from some pocket of his cloak, and lights it. He puffs on it a few times, and stares deep into the fire, trying to See something that had been bothering him, what had been wrong with Shaori. A huge pressure constricts the top of his head until he pulls back from trying to see that, and the pressure lifts. Clearly something Rillifane wanted him not to see. Why was that? He stared deep into the fire again, lost in thought.

Shaori and Tyra hurried back to the Inn, and Shaori saw Caladus sitting near the fireplace. She made her way there, freezing the hand of someone who attempted to grab her ass, and sat in the chair next to him.

"Are you alright? You seem rather... lost. I would even say worried. Is something the matter?" Shaori leans forward, her robe falling open slightly to reveal a fine necklace that her oldest sister had given her on her last birthday. Caladus starts slightly, only just noticing Shaori's presence.

"Hmm? Oh yes, fine. Perfectly fine. Question is, how are you? You were rather ill the other day, and when I tried to See that day, I was blocked. Is there something wrong? What am I not being allowed to See?" Caladus says, worriedly. Shaori smiles, and squeezes his hand.

"Relax, my love. I'm alright. Perhaps it was your god telling you not to dwell on it? Cheer up! We finally made it here, we have a ball to attend in a week's time, and we have a birthday to celebrate! Cheer up!" Shaori smiles as an example. Caladus laughs slightly, and blows a smoke ring.

"I suppose you're right. I really shouldn't dwell on it. Did you get her a gift? I already have one for her myself." Shaori holds up the wrapped necklace.

"We got her a necklace that looked stunning, and I got you this!" Shaori hands the scepter to Caladus, who sets his pipe in his back teeth, stands, and after slapping it into his palm a couple of times for the weight, turns his back to the fire, spins it slowly at first, then faster and faster, tossing it hand to hand, behind his back, over his head, and finishes, head bowed and scepter pointed toward the ground, and then poses with it touching his shoulder. Almost all the patrons burst into applause. He hears a patron mutter,

"Must be from a circus, with skills like that!" Caladus smiles and lowers his hood, and gets a few gasps from patrons, and one calls out,

"Ay look! A Drow Ringmaster!" This causes a few people to laugh, and go back to their food. Shaking his head, he returns to his seat.

"Guess the Circus thing comes in handy, eh? Already considered a freak, being a Drow. Safest place to hide is with other freaks, eh?" He sets the scepter on his lap, and taps his pipe out into the fireplace, refills it, and while searching his pocket for his tinderbox, Shaori snaps her fingers, and makes her thumb catch fire.

"Need a light?" She asks, smiling. Caladus accepts her offer, and lights his pipe, kissing her thumb to make the flame go out, and giving her a brief kiss as well. He reclines in his armchair, and smokes his pipe, staring once more into the flame.

"Monkey-group?" Aedan inquired and started laughing. In this group of 'good' Sefris was the only one he actually liked. He suddenly got up from his seat. "I can show you my wings if you want." He said and made his way towards the rooms. He preferred to show his wings in private even if they were not really big.

Nawen followed Rhaine outside. "I think we should buy something for Saerileth first." The ranger said looking around cautiously. The streets were not as empty as she thought they would be at this time but they were not so crowded either.

Illius left the inn soon after Nawen and Rhaine did. As he walked outside he spotted the two. The sorcerer walked past the ranger and handed her a key to his room. "Just in case. I might not be back when you will return." He said and walked off.

"That was weird." The drow thought and shoved the key into her pocket. She was wondering what to buy for Saerileth. She had no idea what the girl likes.

Sefris got up from her seat and followed Aedan, smirking for herself. She grabbed her things, preferring not to leave them somewhere where anybody can just walk up and grab them. She didn't trust anybody and that kept her safe all these years. It's not like she had anything valuable in her bag beside her gold pouch, but she worried about her work. Those were years, decades, even centuries of following a single trail all over Faerun and she did not plan on having it disappear because of a moment of being careless.

"Lead on." the fey'ri said, walking behind Aedan. He seemed alright. It's not like she would trust him with her life, but he seemed alright. It was more than she could say for any of members of the circus, despite their lawful and miss-goody-two-shoes nature.

Rhaine heard what Illius told Nawen and wondered what the sorcerer was up to, but she kept her silence. It was not her affair, of course.

She looked around, "I'd prefer to try and get her something practical. She is a young teen, and I know she probably likes jewels and other such things, but I'd like to know that my gift was something she could put to good use." The Doomguide paused and thought for a moment, letting her eyes fall upon all of the merchants' shingles.

"Let's try there," she said finally, pointed to a store that sold mainly cloaks and other outerwear, "As far as I know, she doesn't have a cloak...or at least, not a good one."

Aedan walked back and forth in the hallway hoping to hear if someone's in the rooms. When he couldn't hear anything the Fallen picked a lock and entered into the room. Some drunk man was lying passed out on the bed. He waited for Sefris to enter and closed the door behind her. The Fallen when took his shirt off to show his unamusing rather small wings. His back bore a few scars of which origins he could not remember.

Nawen nodded and followed Rhaine to the store. It was a good idea to buy something practical for Saerileth. She valued practical gifts herself even if she received gifts only twice in her lifetime. The beautiful amulet of House DeVir from Caladus and the shortswords she's using in combat from her foster father Dhulgar. The ranger sighed sadly as she remembered her foster family she left in Icewind Dale. She wondered if her parents and brother are alright and if they're missing her as much as she misses them.

As they walked to the store Nawen noticed an old woman who was selling various beautiful items. She saw something that she hoped Saerileth would like. The ranger approached a small table and looked at the items. "How much are these gloves?" The ranger asked and pointed to the beautiful white silk elbow-length gloves with sapphire colored embroideries. "550 gold pieces." The old woman replied. "That's quite expensive." She thought and the woman as if she knew what Nawen was thinking added. "These are no simple gloves, dear child. They are enchanted thus the price is appropriate." The ranger couldn't tell whether something is enchanted or not but she trusted that the woman wasn't lying and bought the gloves. The old woman even wrapped them as a gift. "And now I'm broke." Nawen thought as she put the gloves carefully in her bag.

Sefris walked into the room nonchalantly, paying little to no attention to the passed out man on the bed. They fey'ri watched as Aedan took off his shirt, her gaze caught by the small wings on the Fallen's back with scars. Taking a step closer, she gently brushed the tips of the black feathers, admiring them. She wondered if it was different to fly with feathers, but the Fallen couldn't have known that, after all.

"Soft." she murmured with a weak smirk, letting her hand fall down before she was tempted to trace the scars on his back.

Moving her hair from her back, she closed her eyes and moved her shoulders a bit, letting red, featherless wings slowly emerge. Her robes had two open spots on her back, so there was no need to take off clothes in her case. She often required to use them in a battle, so thus the holes. First two claws from the end of her wings "broke free" from her skin, the rest of the huge, bat-like wings following. They weren't really inside of her the whole time, nor were they breaking her skin every time she let them out, the fey'ri preferred to make it look dramatic. Her scales, claws and teeth stayed the same, however, for the deal only included the wings.

She moved a bit until she could comfortably stand in the room with her wings spread, glancing in Aedan's direction.

Rhaine looked around the store, but nothing seemed appropriate...until her eyes spotted one cloak in the far corner. It was pale blue crushed velvet, lined with white rabbit fur.

The old woman followed the direction of her gaze, "Ah, that's an old item a ranger traded with me. He was heading farther south and didn't have need of such a heavy raiment any longer...and I think he was strapped for coin, to boot. He called it a Cape of Winter."

The Doomguide went closer to the cloak to examine it. She noticed that it did have a powerful frost resistance enchantment, one that would be very useful against elementals or even undead. The Cape was worn along the edges, but in her eyes, that only added character.

"How much?"

"5000 gold pieces," the old woman replied.

Rhaine whistled, but opened her pack and produced the treasure chest she had found in the Kryptgarden. Lifting the lid, she took a single star sapphire and tossed it to the woman, "That should cover it."

Grinning, the woman replied, "That it will."

She wrapped the cloak like the gloves that Nawen had chosen and presented the package to Rhaine. The Doomguide thanked her for her services and walked out of the store, "Well, that's it for Saerileth. Now I need to find something for Caladus. I think I can put the order in tonight and pick it up on the morrow. Do you want to come with me or go and sell your herbs?"