Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Aedan didn't move as he felt how Sefris was touching the feathers with her fingers. He felt slightly relieved because she was gentle and wasn't pulling the feathers or anything. One time he saw how children were chasing one Favored Soul around the village hoping to pull some feathers off his wings. The sight was amusing to watch but he wouldn't want someone to do that to his wings.

He turned around only to see Sefris's bat like wings. He reached out one of his hand to touch one wing. For a moment he hesitated. The wings were truly grand but not as nice to touch as the ones who has feathers on them. Nonetheless he touched her right wing as carefully as he could. "Now these wings I like." He said grinning. Wings like that must be really useful. Aedan couldn't help but think who or rather what Sefris really was. It was obvious from the moment he met her that she wasn't a Sun Elf. Not with eyes like she has. Sure, some people had strange colored and unusual eyes for their race, the Drow ranger in the group was a living proof of that but Sefris' eyes were different and not only in color. He decided not to say anything about it however.

Nawen watched the cape that Rhaine was buying for Saerileth in amazement. It was not only beautiful but practical as well. She remembered seeing capes of similar design back in Icewind Dale. She turned to the Doomguide when she heard her speaking. "I'll go with you." She quickly replied but then frowned slightly thinking that she sounded like a coward for not wanting to go alone, especially because most of the time she remained secluded from the others. The ranger felt uncomfortable being surrounded by so many strangers who will most likely would turn hostile if they found out that she's a Drow.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhaine smiled, "Excellent. I welcome the company."

With that, she made her way across the street to Etienne's Finery. A well-dressed, middle-aged man was running the counter, and she assumed this was Etienne himself. He smiled at her when she entered, and then his expression turned to one of surprise, "Mystra's gown, you must be Rhaine Alcinea! One good Caladus Silvercloak told me about you...I know what you did for the miners of Skull Crag. On behalf of my brother and cousin, I thank you! Now, what can I do for you?"

The Doomguide blushed a bit, then stated, "I need to find an appropriate outfit for the ball that's coming up...but not for me, for Caladus."

Etienne's brow furrowed, as if he were recalling something similar. Then his mouth opened in an "ah".

"I think I understand what's going on here. You have his garments with you, don't you?" he inquired, a knowing smile spreading across his face.

She grinned, "I do." Handing Caladus's clothes to the tailor, she asked, "You can do something with that, can't you?"

"Oh, indeed I can," he replied, looking them over carefully, "But, as it is getting a bit late, all I can do for now is set aside an outfit for him. If you pick something out right fast, I'll get to work on it tomorrow and you can pick it up, say, around noon?"

"That will do," she said with a nod, and began looking around the clothier's shop.

The Doomguide knew she needed to find something to match his mask, and so that limited her severely. However, after several minutes of walking around, she finally thought she had found the perfect outfit. She selected a pair of black satin breeches and a matching black silk shirt with silver embroidery, along with a long crimson coat adorned with bright silver buttons. To go with it, she found a white lace cravat and a pair of black doeskin knee boots.

Etienne seemed satisfied with her choices and set the outfit aside, promising it would be ready on the morrow. Once again turning to Nawen, she asked, "Right then, where to next?"

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Caladus puts out his pipe and stands, scepter still in hand, and pulls back up his hood.

"I need time to clear my head. I'm going for a walk." He says, giving a brief peck to Shaori. He walks towards the door, nodding at Dave, and sees Rhaine coming out of Etienne's Finery with Nawen. He speeds up to catch them, smiling at Nawen.

"Finding a dress for Nawen? Or perhaps someone else? Either way, not my concern. Take a look at this! Shaori found it at a shop, saying it can make me more persuasive. Could be of use if we run into trouble at the ball, hmm?" He plays with it again, twirling it around his hand, and adding a slight touch of magic, having it glow slightly while he did so. Ending his little routine with the pose he assumed in the Inn, he smiles again, and pockets the scepter.

"I need a new cloak, this one is good, but I would like something a little heavier, with more pockets and perhaps a dark green? Or could you two suggest a better color?"

Sefris smiled. "Indeed, they are quite useful." she said with a light nod, her wing completely relaxed as he touched it. She wasn't used to anybody touching her, but she didn't mind.

"You...have not flown before, have you?" the fey'ri asked after a while, watching her wing as Aedan's fingers gently touched it. "If you don't count that time before being a Fallen." her cat-like pupils looked as they were staring at the Fallen, past the physical appearance and somewhere deeper.

"But I hear most of the Fallen do not remember their past, correct?" Since one of the monkeys mentioned what Aedan was when they met him, Sefris did her homework. She had searched through her books and notes, asked around. She hasn't found much about the face of the Fallen angels, though. Only a thing of two she hadn't known before.

"You are wondering what am I, aren't you?" she asked with a faint grin after she had noticed the way he looked at her. There were questions in his lifeless eyes which he dared not to ask.

Nawen wondered what is it with this clothing stealing but she shrugged it off and said nothing. When they left the store they also met Caladus. "We were looking for a gift for Saerileth." The Drow replied. She assumed that the clothing that Rhaine picked for him was a surprise so she said nothing about it. His comment also reminded her that she has nothing to wear and knowing her she will delay it until the last day.

She also noticed the beautiful scepter that Caladus carried with him. "Let's hope that we won't have to use it." She thought to herself and looked around. Caladus' question was rather strange. Was she the only one who instead of buying everything new used her old things until they become... not so useable. "I'd like to sell some of the herbs I have collected on our journey but the alchemy store is probably closed so we could go with Caladus if he doesn't mind." Nawen finally said.

Aedan put his shirt back on and sat at the table completely ignoring the drunk man who was now snoring loudly in his bed. "That would be quite the sight, eh? Me trying to fly with those ridiculously small wings." He laughed but then stopped as soon as he heard the second questions. "No. I do not remember." There was more to that but he's not going to say anything. Not yet.

Just like Sefris he did his homework too and learned everything he could find out about the Fallen. He knew that some of them can remember glimpses of their past life if they come across something in his case it was different. Deep inside he knew that his sword and armor belonged to him in his past life but neither of them helped him to remember anything. Whatever he did that caused his banishment it must have been really bad.

"I won't lie. I am curious." Aedan admitted and glanced at Sefris. "It is more than obvious that you're not a Sun elf."

Rhaine shrugged, "Green is fine, I suppose. You'll want to check Haelga's, just across the street there," she pointed. Looking back at Nawen, she added, "All right, then. We do have several days before the ball, so I don't think there's any rush. Caladus? Do you mind company?" Edited by AurianaValoria1

Caladus smiled at Nawen, and nodded, pointing the way to an Alchimist's shop he spotted earlier. He wandered towards it, needing a few things as well. He pushes open the door, above which says Radik Thunderbeard, Alchemy, Herbs and Potions. A bell jangles as he pushes the door open, and a voice calls out,

"Ah'll be with ye in a moment! Jus' need tae take the kettle off the fire!" Caladus staggers slightly, and calls out

"Byron? Is that you?" A duergar walks out of the back room, looking perplexed. He stares at Caladus, and shakes his head, replying,

"Nay, but Ah takes it ye know my younger brother? How is the daft sod? Las' I saw him, it was in that blunder where he tried to take the static energy oot of cats and made that one cat 20 feet tall. How he did it, Ah'll ne'er know, but he ne'er writes anymore." Caladus looked sad.

"I am sorry to tell you this, but.." Radik waved him off, nodding.

"Dead, aye? Thought as much. Hope he died well. Nae time to dwell on it, do ye need potions or ingredients?" Caladus shakes his head, and indicates Nawen.

"She has some things to sell. Oh, I'm Caladus, by the way, I don't know if he mentioned me." Radik enthusiastically shakes Caladus's hand,

"Pleased tae meetcha sir! He ne'er stopped tellin me aboot the things ye two got up to together! Yeh're welcome to tea, if ye wants!" Caladus smiles, and merely shakes his head.

Sefris nodded, placing a hand on her hip as she leaned her back against the wall behind her, moving her hair back as she did so.

"Yes, though not everyone could conclude so without seeing the wings or the...other features." she added the last part a bit quieter with a somewhat darker tone.

"I am partially a Sun elf, but other blood runs through my veins, as well." she paused for a second, as if trying to decide whether to tell him something or not. "Have you heard of dragon disciples?" she asked after a moment or two of silence, looking up at Aedan.

"They are descendants of dragons who, before more often than nowadays, took a form of a humanoid and often mated with humans, elves and other races alike." she started, her hands tapping some random rhythm on the wall. "The off springs of such relationships are called dragonborns. Half dragons, half...whichever race they mated with. Their later descendants carry the dragon blood in their veins, even though they look more as humans or elves as farther they are from the original half-dragon." she stopped tapping, her hands now resting on her tights.

"As draconic features are slowly being distinguish, the powers fade, as well. But those who inherit the blood of a half-dragon, no matter how thin it might be, can get them back by some special training, if they have it available." she smirked darkly, her white teeth flashing in the poorly lit room, "or simply take it, if someone opposes them, as I have."

Nawen followed Caladus to the alchemy shop. Just like him at first she thought that it was Byron speaking but apparently it was his older brother. She was surprised how strangely he reacted to the news of Byron's death. She was about to start yelling at the dwarf how could he react so calmly. They are talking about his brother not some stranger he talked to once many years ago, but somehow she restrained herself and approached the counter. She took a medium sized pouch from her bag and placed it on the counter. "I'd like to sell all of these." She said and opened the pouch which was full of herbs. Some were rare some not.

Aedan listened to what Sefris told him. He was surprised that she was sharing such information with him, a part of him was glad. "That is interesting." He said and thought over every word again. "I've heard about the dragon disciples but I don't think I've ever met one." Somehow Sefris became even more amusing now.

Illius returned back to the tavern. He looked around the common room to see if Nawen returned, luckily she was still out shopping. "Good." The sorcerer thought and made his way to his room. Then he locked the door behind him and placed a big wooden box on the table. He already knew what was inside but he still decided to wait for Nawen to return before they opened the box.

"Not many meet the conditions to be a one, dragon blood being only one of it. You also have to be a spell-caster, the benefit of being a dragon disciple available to only bard and sorcerers." she noticed his surprise and smiled, averting her eyes for a second.

"Do not be surprised by me sharing such knowledge with you. 'Tis not a secret, after all. You could find it in any decent book." she said playfully, looking up at him again.

"I doubt you have met them before, for there are not many of us. Some are afraid of embracing their true nature. Most do not how to hide their draconic features. Some go their whole pitiful life without even knowing that they could wield such a power. Fortunately, 'tis a part of my charm to embrace who I am." she grinned and started to twist a lock of her hair in her fingers, her face looking amused.