Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Radik walked over to the counter, and could tell his lack of concern about his brother's death offended the lady.

"It isn't tha' I dinnae care lass, it's just that I dinnae feel the need to break down sobbing and dwell on it. If he died, he died. Of course I'm sad, he was my little brother. However, I shall honor him later with the correct rituals, as well as write to mother and father about this. They'll want to know. Ah, got some really nice herbs here, good quality, and several quite rare, I'd wager! Since I'm feeling generous, Thousand for the lot. Feel free to haggle." Radik looked peered at the necklace around Nawen's neck, and spots a small charm with the same symbol on Caladus's belt.

"Well, Thousand, five hundred, since you're Caladus's sister, or are you something else?" Radik peered intently at the pair of Drow, as if trying to judge what they were to one another. Caladus walks out to the Cloak merchant that Rhaine had indicated, and spotted a beautiful, thicker dark green cloak with a hood, and several symbols on it. The old lady who ran the place followed his gaze.

"Do you like it? Traded by some funny druid type, called it the Cloak of Nature Alliance. Apparently, wild beasts never attacked him, and he could call them for help. Never got round to testing it, 3000 for it, and it's yours." Caladus pays the correct fee, and walks out. He wanders around for a few moments, and finds himself over by some pokey little shop. He spots a necklace that looked gorgeous. The shopkeeper lady walks over.

"Now, that's a rare piece it is! It's made of Mithril Silver! My husband was so proud to make that pendant, although why he made it into an ax, I do not know. Due to the material alone, I must ask for 5000 gold pieces." Caladus scoops the required fee from his endless bag of gold, and returns to the Alchemy shop to see if Nawen and Radik were done haggling, interrupting their conversation by putting his hands behind her neck and fastening the chain. He gives her another brotherly kiss on the cheek, and whispers in her ear,

"I thought it would be nice to have something that acknowledges your dwarven side. It's made of mithril." He pulls away, and tosses off his old, warn cloak and switches to his new cloak, this one of a significantly better material, and the hood shadowed slightly to hide his face better.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aedan got up from his seat. He could see that the man is about to wake up. "I think we should continue our discussion downstairs." He said and pointed at the man and with that he left the room but waited for Sefris in the hallway.

Nawen did not know how to react to Radik's words about Byron. He was right of course at least in part. She then started to wonder what would she do if she lost someone very dear and important to her? Would she be looking for revenge if the death wasn't natural or accidental? "I am not his sister. He gave me this amulet as a sign of trust and friendship." She had decided to tell the truth and not only because she was talking to Byron's brother but also because she was a terrible liar.

Her hand reached towards the hilt of her shortsword as she felt how someone put something on her neck. As ever cautious and suspicious she thought that someone was trying to strangle her but luckily it was Caladus. She looked at the necklace and tears filled her eyes. It was an axe made out of mithril. Mithrilaxe... "I... I don't know what to say... thank you." She then hugged Caladus tightly. This was the most beautiful and thoughtful gift.

Rhaine simply stood by, leaning against the wall of the alchemists' shop. So, the proprietor was Byron's brother? His reaction to his brother's death did not surprise her. Dwarves had a different view of death than most races, and if it was death by battle, then it was something glorious...not something to grieve over.

She grinned when she saw Caladus place the mithril amulet about Nawen's neck. It was practically the drow ranger personified - literally, her surname Mithrilaxe. Not only that, but it also reflected the traits of its wearer: seemingly delicate, but masking an inner strength.

The Doomguide glanced out of the window, and noticed that the sun had completely set. She looked back to the others, "We should be returning to the inn, soon. We've a party to throw, aye?"

The fey'ri glanced at the man who was about to wake up, swiftly following Aedan in the hallway after grabbing her things. She stopped for a moment, waiting for her wings to seemingly go back in her back, stretching her shoulders for a bit once the wings disappeared from sight.

"Gods, I should really go for a flight. They're completely numb..." she said more to herself than to the Fallen.

"So should we go back down and at some free table or outside to avoid the crowd or perhaps," her face gained a painful expression before suggestion the third option, "go get those clothing to get rid of that as soon as possible?"

Sefris surprised herself. Suddenly she was making plans with this man? What...the hell. What...did she actually - oh, no; she stopped herself before even thinking the sentence to the end. Definitely not going there. The fey'ri shook her head, starting to walk down the stairs as she threw a quick glance in Aedan's direction.

"I mean...I'll go get rid of the painful part. You're welcome to keep me company." she shrugged and fixed her look at what's in front of her, fastening the spear on her back.

Caladus was rather surprised when Nawen teared up and hugged him. He hugged her tightly, and pulls away, his thumb brushing away the tears.

"Come now! No time for tears! They do not become you anyway. I hope that you like it, and you wear it often. It isn't enchanted, but it did cost me a pretty penny. Not that it matters, what with an Endless bag of Gold, but still. Don't lose it, and remember you do have friends here who care about you. I for one wish to see you smile. I can't recall a single time since I met you that I have seen you smile!" Caladus gazes into her eyes, and then calls to Radik,

"Would you like to come along? We got a birthday to celebrate! One of our party members, a young Chosen of Tyr has just turned sixteen, and we are throwing her a party at the Pride of Arabel, I know the owner before you ask. Care to join?" Radik handed a pouch with a thousand five hundred gold to Nawen, and nods.

"Aye, that I shall! Gave you the second sum, because you are his sister now. Bearing that symbol means he acknowledges you as family, but I'd reckon in the good way, not the Drow way. Just accept what ye have, and let's go get hammered!" He grins hugely, and walks over to Rhaine.

"Rhaine, aye? My brother had great respect for ye. I have this for you, as a token of our family's appreciation for what you have done for my brother." He reaches inside his apron, and finds a gold and silver symbol, a gold lightning bolt, crossed over a silver hammer, backed by a gold gold and silver shield that looked suspiciously like a beard.

"I would like to offer you the honor of being accepted among the Thunderbeard Clan. Our family started it, and merged with other clans, and we own a sizable part of the Underdark now. If you ever find yourself there, this symbol will open paths to you that normally would be sealed and hidden. Enchanted, to allow us to recognize you. Do you accept it?"

Shaori and Tyra looked outside and saw it had gotten dark. They hoped Rhaine and the others would get back soon.

Saerileth found a seat and drew Carsomyr, poured a small amount of oil on it, and begins using a whetstone to sharpen it.

Rhaine took the symbol gingerly, "Of course, friend dwarf. I thank you for your generosity."

She tucked it into a pouch at her belt, "Now, let's be off, shall we?"

The Doomguide then led the way from the shop and back to the Pride of Arabel.

Nawen smiled and put her hood back on. "Thank you, Caladus." She didn't know what else to say. She will treasure this gift for the rest of her life. The ranger never hoped to meet people as kind as Caladus. She will have to repay for his gifts somehow. She followed the Doomguide out of the shop. They still had a party to throw.

Aedan glanced at Sefris with raised eyebrows. She was acting a bit strange. The Fallen shrugged it off and glanced through the window outside. "I'm not sure if stores are still open at this time of evening." He commented but then the evil grin crept across his face. "We could always break in and take what we need." He added and turned his attention to Sefris.

There's no we, she reminded herself. The fey'ri didn't think she would ever have to scold herself because of that, especially what had happened before. When she looked back at Aedan, her face was back to normal, ornamented with a big grin.

"Now that sounds like my idea of fun. This shopping may not prove to be so idiotic when you put it that way." she swiftly turned on her heels and made her way out of the inn, waiting for Aedan outside.

This was all temporarily, she said to herself once again. I can't trust anybody.

Xallistine turned and looked at the other Illithid, he was curious as to why the Illithid was here, and protective of the group he traveled with "You. Another Illithid seeking to preserve our species? Or are you simply in this for personal gain? If you pose a threat to my group, i cannot allow you to remain with us.... but if you can restrain any urges to attack, then i shall allow you to remain, lesser one." Xallistine said, skeptical about the Illithid.

Aricia went into her room, an hung her dress in the wardrobe, and wrapped and boxed Saerileths, she walked back into the bar area of the lavish in, and took up a seat.

Rhaine returned to the inn and saw Sefris standing just outside. She looked askance at the fey'ri, "Enjoying the fresh air?"