Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Aricia was not surprised that Caladus hated her... she was surprised that he and the rest of her family were here.... His words hurt Aricia deeply, she had reason to leave... But clearly it was not reason enough to justify what she did. She glanced at her youngest child... and then at her old love, his broad shoulders, his handsome face, his unusual Azure hair... It brought a few tears to Aricia's eyes, yet she pushed them back. She crushed the glass beneath her foot in a mix of emotions.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhaine took the berry that Saerileth offered and hesitantly ate it. It was pleasantly sweet, with a bit of a sharp aftertaste. She then frowned at the interaction between the family members. This was not the time nor the place for a feud, but neither was it her affair. Speaking not a word, she moved to sit beside Nawen, focusing more on enjoying the music.

Saerileth's father walked over to the black winged woman he saw his daughter share her treat with, and formally extended a hand.

"Godric, Saerileth's father. I must say it is a pleasure to meet you. By the wings, and the aura, I believe that you are a chosen of Kelemvor? Astonishing, really. Nothing against you, but I wasn't aware he was one to Choose anyone. Mind you take good care of my daughter, she is my youngest child. I trust you can mentor her better than my former wife could?"

Tal, Saerileth's youngest brother wandered over to Nawen, and smiled at her. His skin was pale, and glowed slightly brighter than Aricia's did. His eyes were a silvery color, and he had pale, thin lips.

"I am Tal. You are a Drow, yet not like the one I encountered years ago. You seem to be of purer heart than he, but uncertain of things. You should have more confidence, and not hesitate to seek advice from your friends." His brother Caladus walked over and cuffed him lightly.

"Tal! That is not how people like being talked to here! They don't want advice from strangers! I'm Caladus, Saerileth's oldest brother. It's a pleasure to meet you, I am certain! Come along, Tal, leave the nice Drow alone." He pulled the brother away.

Radik downed another half pint.

Cal watched all this with a smile. He lit his pipe, and pulled out his hurdy gurdy. He began playing along with Shaori and Tyra, looking slightly silly playing it with a pipe in his teeth.

Aedan shrugged and walked up to the door. "Yeah. This shop will do." After several failed attempts he finally unlocked the door and stepped inside. It was dark but he didn't want to risk and turn on the lights. He wasn't afraid of getting caught, Aedan could always use his... charms to wiggle out of the problem like he did so many times before but he preferred when things goes smoothly and without any incidents.

Nawen arose from her seat and approached Saerileth. She wanted to give her gift before she got drunk. "Happy Birthday Saerileth." She said and handed her the gift before returning back to her seat beside Radik and Rhaine. She heard the way one of Saerileth's brothers spoke with his mother. It wasn't her business so the ranger decided to remain silent. She knew what it's like to be left abandoned but in her case she was left when she was just a baby thus she did not care much and the she couldn't ask for a better family than the one that raised her.

Then another brother of Saerileth walked up to the table and started speaking to her. "Are they mind readers or something?" She mumbled quietly. How can they tell something like that otherwise? Nawen was feeling quite content at the moment.

"We do not need the light." Sefris said to Aedan as soon as they stepped inside.

"Well..." she turned to the Fallen with a smirk, "At least I do not need it to see in the dark." the fey'ri casted a cantrip to make a small ball of light float above Aedan; big enough so he would see few steps ahead and small enough not to be seen from the outside.

With a slight nod at her spell, she closed the door behind them and made sure all the curtains were closed - which they were, making their little trip here more easy. She started walking around quietly, looking at the dresses. None of them seemed impressive, but a certain red one caught her attention. It was falling to the floor, without any sleeves nor epaulets. The back was pretty open, so it would make things easier for Sefris' wings.

The mannequin the dress was standing on also contained a pair or black gloves that went perfectly with black gourds that was ornamenting upper part of the dress. Even the size was made for someone pettite, so the fey'ri had no doubts she will fit in the dress.

"Found anything?" she asked quietly Aedan, still looking at the dress in front of her.

Aricia shook her head sadly... her own family would not listen to her reason for leaving, after being there while her sons grew up, and being lover to Godric far longer than that... she had hoped that they would know her well enough, to understand that there is no way she would leave them without good reason... which was very true. She walked past her sons, smiling at her youngest son as she passed, and looking sadly into Caladus's eyes. She heard what Godric said... so he saw Rhaine as more a mother to Saerileth? This angered Aricia, but she kept on her mask. She nodded at Godric and Rhaine, and when she reached Saerileth, she whispered "Happy Birthday my dove... I love you." And then carried on, up the staircase, and into her room.

Xallistine finished the handshake, and looked at the Illithid, he said, as he did always, mentally "So Brother... do you share my ideals? Or are you just distant from our kind in your own way? I have seen the future of our kind.... every one of us is... No. Now is not the time to speak such things, i need to prepare a ritual, would you care to help me?" Xallistine said, rising to his feet.

Rituals? Sounds exciting, I'll help.

Ysmillr also rises to his feet, prepared to follow Xallistine.

Rhaine took Godric's hand with a smile, "No offense taken. Believe me, it was as much a surprise to me when he Chose me as it is to you." Then, her face turned serious, and while she had his attention, she looked directly into his eyes, "I will protect your daughter as best as I can, but let me make one thing perfectly clear. I am not, nor will I ever be, a substitute for her mother. I do not wish to be thought of that way."

She noticed that Aricia had left and gone upstairs, presumably to her room. It seemed that this encounter had upset her greatly. It was not right for little Caladus to have treated his mother in such a manner, especially in front of so many people. Despite all the things that she might have done or neglected to do, Aricia was still his mother, and he should have shown more respect than he did.

The Doomguide then turned from the family and ordered a glass of wine from the barkeep, along with whatever fare they were serving that night.

Aedan was grateful for the light spell but said nothing. Unlike Sefris he could not see in the dark. After a brief moment of looking around he snatched the closest outfit he could find and was now ready to leave. "Yes." He said and walked up only to see the beautiful red dress that Sefris had chosen. "Would you look at that." He said grinning.

Nawen noticed how Aricia left and remembered what some man who judging by everything was Saerileth's father told to Rhaine. She wasn't sure if other heard it but because of her keen senses she did. The Doomguide was without any doubt good and honorable woman but what he said was simply cruel. Nawen did not know Aricia they never even spoke but the ranger felt sorry for the woman. Besides from what she heard tonight and earlier she knew nothing about what really happened but it was hardly the time to discuss such matters.

She got up from her seat and walked up to Godric. She looked directly into his eyes. "For the sake of your daughter stop this nonsense." She said quietly so only he could hear her words.

Godric turned at the voice, and saw a female drow speaking to him.

"Nonsense? I was telling her as a chosen she should mentor Saerileth into doing what is right. The almighty Tyr has been most... displeased with some of Saerileth's actions. Oh and Caladus, you are thirty five. Behave yourself! There is no need to start a fight with your mother on your little sister's birthday! Lady drow, I do hope my son Tal didn't bother you either. He has a perception of people, and keeps wishing to help. Drat, I am all over the place tonight! Enjoy the party. Perhaps I should have a word with my former lover." He swept past Nawen, and headed up the stairs, cuffing his sons while passing. After a few failed attempts, he perceived the room in which Aricia was, and pushed open the door, not even bothering to knock.

"Aricia. We need to talk."