Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Sefris touched the tip of her canine with her tongue for a second, grinning as her fangs reflected as white pearls in the night light.

"How most pleasing." the fey'ri continued to purr in the fallen's ear, throwing a quick grin in Ravenna's direction. Het hand slided from Aedan's shoulder and ran down his torso while a smirk played on her lips.

"I am quite sure you will... enjoy," she returned the red glance, looking at the lifeless silver eyes that she had found a refreshing change from all those lively sparkles and other annoying things, "both the company and killing. Treasure...danger...dark tunnels..."

She chuckled again, her laugh sounding more like a cat's purr.

"I am sure lady Ravenna would like to have a word with us both sooner or later."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravenna finished up talking to the contact... she'd disclosed part of the plan at least, but she felt she was being watched by unwelcome eyes, so she decided to leave the contact in the dark for a while, and re-conciliate later.

She made her way elegantly, a hint of pain in her movement, as she slowly brought her hand up to clutch her stomach. Once she reached the table she tried to reach for a goblet of wine, but instead doubled over, both hands on the surface of the table, her head low. she found a handkerchief, and coughed, rather silently, as if she was unable to actually make a sound, and what came up was less than pleasant. She looked down at the handkerchief, and saw a thick, black liquid soaking through the fabric. Her eyes widened and she stuffed the kerchief into an empty goblet. She tried to take a few more steps, but she felt rather dizzy, leaning on the wall for support.

Not now. She hissed inside her head, feeling greatly angered.

As much as Ravenna had power, she was starting to feel it wane... not in great amounts, but she was prone every few hundred years to episodes like this, getting weak, and bringing up black matter. A sign that her Immortality was not perfect, she could continue on forever, but the amount of youth she would need to consume would increase with each passing year... luckily for her the cost was still not too high, but there was once a time she would need only drain a few years from a victim to be replenished, now she required there lives.

She composed herself, and pushed herself off the wall. So time was conspiring against her once again? She would have to feed soon, she knew that much, but she should have at least a few hours before she started to deteriorate. She began a walk over to Sefris and Aedan... it was high time to see if her potential allies were serious about joining her cause.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Kelemvor's hand closed around Rhaine's and pulled her towards the dance floor. She was hoping he would stay to the shadows, but he did not. Instead, he led her directly to the middle of the throng of nobles and immediately joined the waltz. A moment of panic arrested her as his other hand took her waist and she, for a split second, could not recall Aricia's lessons. Rhaine had gone rigid, her whole body stiff, her hand clenching his palm. Her emerald eyes were wide and her wings plastered together, as if she were afraid they would touch someone else.

The hand upon her back pressed firmly.

Relax.

Her eyes darted up to his, That's easy for you to say! You are not the one who is going to end up looking like a fool, and you know it!

Just let me lead.

It really wasn't an option. The Doomguide might as well have been a mere puppet in his capable hands. He pushed and pulled her to the music, every step made with expert precision, gliding with an unearthly grace across the marble floor. Slowly but surely, she felt her tension dissolve as she trusted him to lead and her feet to follow. Before long, her teachings came back to her, and the pair's awkwardness vanished. Her fright gave way to confidence, and after a few seconds, she began to smile.

Now, what is it that you must tell me, milord? She asked telepathically, meeting his pale eyes again and marveling at their detail.

His face was ever solemn, Your pursuit of the Cult of the Dragon...you have done well in chasing them to Cormyr. Szass Tam's representatives are here, and you have already seen their contact.

Ravenna?

Yes. The lich has sent these Thayan envoys with vital information, of which the Lady Everdawn is now in possession. She knows the specified location in Cormyr where Tam wishes to establish his base of operations.

Your instructions, milord?

Route the Cult, but do not engage the Thayans.

Rhaine's brow furrowed, I do not understand. He is a lich...they are necromancers...

Unfortunately, you have stumbled into a situation far larger than you realize. You walk on a knife edge, and we are all at risk. Szass Tam, in his attempt to secure immortality, has the support and protection of Bane the Black Lord. Provoke the lich and you may very well incite a war between our churches. Szass Tam will meet his Judgment in due time - as of now, however, he is not your true enemy.

Her eyes searched his, Then who is?

You will know them soon enough.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

"The more I hear about this, the more I love it..." Aedan replied in a low murmur. He wasn't sure why all of the sudden Sefris was running her hands down his torso but he decided to play along. With one hand he held a glass of wine and the other one he wrapped around her waist.

He noticed that the said woman was now heading towards them. He was curious to hear what she had to offer.

They continued to dance, but in silence. Rhaine's thoughts were awhirl with this new information, and she found herself looking over Kelemvor's shoulder at Ravenna, who was approaching Sefris and Aedan. The latter two appeared quite...attached...to each other. Her eyes narrowed and she began to feel uneasy. The Doomguide was certain that this sudden closeness between the fey'ri and the Fallen was not blossoming love, and the way the pair was eying Ravenna did nothing to ease her mind. Rhaine glanced around to find Nawen or Illius, but neither were in sight.

Suddenly, the waltz ended, and she responded to Kelemvor's bow with the customary curtsey. There was ringing applause all around the ballroom before the nobles dispersed for rest and refreshments. Kelemvor still had her by the hand and began to lead her across the room, meandering towards a side corridor. Rhaine plucked a glass of wine from a passing servant as she went, briefly wondering where the god was taking her before resolving that she did not care.

He nodded to a guardsman who stood watch beside a small door, and the guard promptly opened it for them. The pair found themselves in what seemed to be a private garden, bordered by high hedges and punctuated by a magnificent granite fountain. Kelemvor let go of her hand and wandered towards the fountain, brushing his gloved fingers across its surface before looking up at the clear night sky. Rhaine stood closer to the door, sipping her wine. She watched him, noticing that he seemed far more comfortable here. Simply by observing his thoughtful mannerisms, the Doomguide knew that he was not finished speaking with her, and she wondered what he would say.

Ravenna approached the pair, and raised an eyebrow to their intimacy, they were taking a very 'hands on' approach to the whole situation. Once Ravenna had stopped by them, she began to feel pain start in her chest, which she pushed back "I have not the will to explain my plans here... S-Sefris... i have already conveyed to you my offer of being at my side... and that offer is most certainly open the the fallen... if you still desire to remain with this creed of noble and benevolent souls, be my guest, but time is something i have found to be slipping from my fingers... either come with me or do not." She said, intensity, and hardness rising in her voice, as she tried to contain the need to scream.

She turned on her heel, and began frantically walking past people, heading out of the palace.

Sefris had let go of the fallen as soon as Ravenna approached them, deciding to play later with her new toy. The half-demoness didn't say anything while the woman spoke, something obviously wrong with her. She didn't look too well.

When the witch left, Sefris smirked to Aedan for a second. "Must be her feeding time. That ought to be fun to watch on someone else this time." she said quietly before following the way the blonde woman had gone.

Aedan watched Ravenna, no emotions on his face. He wondered why was she acting this strangely. "Feeding time? What?" He asked but saw that Sefris was following the woman outside, he decided to go and see what's happening as well.

Kelemvor finally returned his gaze to Rhaine, "You are far more at ease that you have been in several years. You heeded my advice, I see."

The Doomguide nodded, her eyes drifting to her feet, "Yes, milord. I should have done so far sooner."

At that moment, over the soft splashing sounds of the fountain, she could hear the sound of voices carried on the breeze. She strained her ears and could tell it was a tune that she knew - a song performed during the Ritual of Remembrance. Arabel did not have a temple or shrine to Kelemvor, and so a few traveling Doomguides were likely performing services in the city cemetery. She hummed a few bars of the mournful, and yet hopeful, hymn, closing her eyes momentarily. Rhaine could feel Kelemvor's eyes upon her, and she felt a little ashamed for not being a part of those important services.

"I think you can be forgiven for missing this day's ceremonies," he spoke, breaking the silence between them, "You have far more important tasks than leading sermons and blessing graves. I have servants aplenty...let them deal with the mundane rituals. I need you to take care of what the rest of my clergy are not experienced enough to handle. You are my right hand in the mortal world and must act where I cannot - championing my cause in the field."

She looked up again, meeting his cat-like eyes, "Why? Why me? You have thousands...nay, millions of worshipers to choose from. Why did you Choose me, my lord? What makes me so special?"

His gaze never faltered, his eyes almost unblinking, their irises glowing softly in the dark of night. His silver mask seemed to shine with the brilliance of the moon, and she was once again faced with that feeling of Judgment - a feeling that could only be experienced when standing before the Lord of the Dead himself. He approached her again, slowly, placing his gauntleted hands upon her shoulders and looking into her upturned face.

"If you do not know the answer now, Rhaine, you never shall."

Before she could even respond, he dissolved into a silvery mist and was gone, leaving her standing slightly open-mouthed in the garden...alone.

Ravenna pushed and shoved her way through the crowds, frantically picking up the pace so she was almost jogging, as she walked down a set of large stone steps, leading to the empty street her carriage was left waiting, she tore off her ball-room mask, and yanked open the back of her dress, as she got nearer to the carriage, her pace slowed, as she clutched her chest in a painful moan, suddenly wrenching upright, her arms outstretched to the dazzling night sky. Her mouth oppened widely, as if she were about to let out a painful scream, but just as the piercing screech was about to leave her lips, the loud, frantic cawing of crows and ravens muffled the scream.

The black-as-night birds all flew down from differing angles, but they all had one focus. They reached Ravenna, and began swirling around her as moths would a light, there dazzling movement's creating a black sphere of beating wings around her, the faint sound of a scream could be heard beneath the vile cawing of the birds.

The animals themselves began picking up the pace, flying around so quickly the eye could not track a single one, but what appeared to be a strange liquid was forming, as the very birds themselves appeared to melt.

And then the gathering of birds was suddenly gone, a few stray feathers was all that was left of them, falling like petals in the wind, down upon Ravenna.

The witch was motionless, still in the same position as before, but her entire body was completely encased in what appeared to be oil, but it was far darker, and moved around her now naked body. after a few moments there was movement from the witch, as she brought her arms down, the thick liquid began to transform into cascades of black feathers, and as she turned to face Sefris and Aedan, they formed a tight dress upon the witch.

"Ahhhh..." Ravenna said, a sense of calm in her voice, as her relaxed face sprung to life, her dark green eyes opening wide, and the final touches of her feathered attire unfurled into a large black collar, outstretched from her neck. Her hair had greyed slightly, and had returned to it's usual length, her face slightly weathered as she fixed her gaze upon the duo.