Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Sefris made an indefinite sound, something between a sigh and a scoff. All that way in this dress? Gods, no. Without any warning, the sorceress got up and started undressing herself, staying only in her small clothes. Once the dress was out of the way, Sefris grabbed her red dragon disciple robe from the backpack and put it on, contently sighing once she was back in her old clothes.

For a short second that she had turned her back to Ravenna and Aedan, something resenting a hole could be seen on her lower back, as if something was torn out. The sorceress quickly covered it, though, saying nothing. Xaos was still eyeing the bird, but she dared not to come closer. That freaking thing was huge!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xallistine walked in after Nawen and illius, and closed the door behind him. "I'm intrigued doomguide, it seems you found out some vital information of your own."

Ravenna was quite surprised when Sefris suddenly stripped to her underwear, and changed into her robe... she managed to have a look at the hole in sefris's back... hmm, now that was interesting. Still she didn't mention it. "Indeed moonwood is a large distance away, but it shan't take us too long... my steeds do not require rest. But if you find the carriage cramped Aedan, the stables are right there." She said tilting her head in the direction of the stables, the carriage going slow as they approached the gates of the city.

Rhaine sighed as the Ulitharid closed her room door behind him, "That I did. That man I was dancing with was no man...that was Kelemvor, and he was far from happy."

The Doomguide tossed her mask on the dresser and stared at herself in the mirror for a few moments before running her hands through her hair in frustration. She turned back towards her companions, "Szass Tam is off limits. The lich is making a bid for true immortality and now he has the protection of Bane the Black Lord. I cannot risk a war between the Kelemvorites and the Banites by assaulting his bases, and so our plan to follow the Cult to get to the Thayans is no longer an option."

She sat down on the edge of her bed, "My lord assured me that Tam is, in fact, not our true enemy here. Though he did not say who is, I think I know now. It's Ravenna Everdawn. She is doing exactly was she said she was back in the Sword Mountains - using the Cult for her own ends. We need to follow her, eliminate the Cult branch she is working with and put an end to her once and for all."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Ianthe smiled, nodded, and pretended to be interested in the conversations that the noble people seemed to be trying to include her in. She hadn't thought the ball would be this boring. The atmosphere was jovial, playful, and chaotic, but the nobles still insisted upon acting prudish and snooty. She took Alphonse by the hand and danced with him for a while, before finally realizing things were going to be dull if nobody put forth an effort to make the ball fun.

As she twirled a final time, she released her grip on Alphonse's hand and twirled through an awed crowd, which parted as if it were waiting for Ianthe to do this. Her blue skirts flaying out around her like a blooming flower, she then leaped onto the nearby stage and smiled as she whispered in a performer's ear.

The performer grinned from ear to ear and pulled a set of drums from behind a prop of some kind, and began rhythmically playing. With a flourish, one of the performers playing violin started up the same tune, as if he knew it as well. With a snap of his fingers, a third performer summoned forth two women, who filled their mouths with alcohol and stood at ready, as if waiting for a signal.

Ianthe then burst into song, singing what was supposed to be a lullaby, but her version was rhythmic, energetic, and somehow haunting. Her lilting tone and graceful beauty caused more than one of the nobles to shiver, and a few even dabbed at their eyes with handkerchiefs made of fine fabric. At the height of her performance, a male set of Wild Elf twins descended from above and, hanging by ribbons, they seemed to dance without their feet touching the ground during a show of acrobatics. The two women on either side of her lit torches, and then used the alcohol in their mouths to send long, blindingly bright jets of flame into the air above Ianthe as her voice grew loud and passionate before fading away with the flames.

Directly after the echoes of Ianthe's song and the flames faded into oblivion, an awed silence broke out as the sound of high heels clacking on stone rang through the air. Ianthe and the performers parted, revealing Reona and Arva walking onto the stage together, arm in arm.

The guests and performers alike burst into applause at what they were sure was an extraordinarily grand entrance planned by Adelaide.

As the applause faded, the sound of breaking glass permeated the joyful atmosphere, and all heads turned toward the sound, as if expecting this to be the next part of the show. Caderyn's fingers were still poised as if he were holding a wineglass, his silver trousers splattered with red and his slippers covered in shards of glass as he stared, open-mouthed, at the elf girl in the short blue dress, a look of innocent joy painting her eerily familiar features.

Xallistine listened to what Rhaine said and pondered it for a moment. "The witch our true foe? Hmm... she sees us as simply playthings, and i beleive if we stay out of her way, she will stay out of ours... whatever her goals they are selfish, but amassing a threat great enough for your lord kelemvor to see her as more of a threat than Szass Tam? I can't even hazard a guess at what it is she has planned... but i only feel it will not be a direct threat to the land... rather, her actions will have untold effects if she sees them through." He paused for another moment, rubbing his temples. "Whatever the case, we should try another route than outright destroying her... she lives a disturbing immortality, in a way i have never heard of before... she relies solely on herself, rather than a blessing from a god, or lichdom. She could be a valuable.... i wouldn't say ally, but if the time came, she would fight a threat that could endanger her, as well as us."

"You really need some new attire my dear Sefris... those robes do nothing to compliment your body." Ravenna said, her green eyes fixed on sefris.

Sefris rolled her eyes, crossing her legs.

"Oh, come now. You don't really expect me go around, parading in some expensive clothes and tripping every 5 seconds on my dress? Highly unpractical for battling purposes."

Nawen listened to the conversation silently. She didn't know what to think, really. She wasn't the best for these kind of conversations so she remained silent.

Illius as well listened carefully and silently. The news were indeed pretty bad and even if the Gods are very concerned about it... "I agree with Xallistine." The sorcerer finally spoke. "As powerful as Ravenna is, I doubt that she posses a greater threat than Szass Tam."

Aedan watched Sefris with an amused look on his face. "You should have stayed like that." He said, grinning and glanced at Ravenna. "Right. See you later." He opened the carriage's door and jumped outside. The Fallen landed on his feet and quickly made his way to the stables where he... acquired a beautiful black steed.

Rhaine's brow furrowed, "So you think we should let her continue to drain the lives of maidens to sustain herself? Continue her perverted immortality? Do you think that even if we manage to glean new Cult information from the witch that we should allow her to escape justice again? Furthermore, do you think that she will freely offer such information and let us leave without incident? You know my answer to all of this. But go ahead...indulge me. How do you propose we handle this situation?"

Ravenna smiled slightly and said "You and i fight in different ways, of course i wouldn't expect you to wear a fine dress, you have to move around with that spear of yours. And you wouldn't trip over in a dress if you have worn them as long as i have. But i'm not suggesting a dress.... no you need something else, another robe." Ravenna said with a smile, looking at Sefris as she would a mannequin. She looked out of the window as the gates were opened, and the carriage sped off once more down the road, it's destination Moonwood.

Xallistine sighed slightly "My lady Rhaine, your god's doctrines and codes mean little to me, as does justice. If justice was the first thing we had to worry about, it would be tam we should go after. But rather than cause an inconvenience to your god and his cults affairs, we must turn a blind eye to Tam's crimes so not to invoke a war between him and bane. Do you think we should let Tam to continue practising his vile necromancy and dark plans? I believe, if it is justice that must come first, you know my answer to that also." Xallistine said, he did not relish being a pawn in the machinations of a god, but such was the situation, and he would not complain. "She does not choose attack as her first option, she may be bargained with... most certainly we could glean more cult information from her, if she received something in return. My suggestion is we find out what it is she is up to, and should it be a threat to all Faerun, we disrupt her plans. But simply destroying her to bring justice? why do that when there are far greater things we could concern ourselves with."

"No doubt you would have enjoyed the view, but it's a bit chilly outside." she smirked, looking at Aedan. She returned her eyes to the witch as she spoke, though.

"Sure, go ahead. Gods know I never liked picking out what to wear."