Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

The fey'ri rolled her red eyes, following Aedan as her boots echoed the room they were in.

"I'm pretty sure she went this way..." the sorceres muttered more for herself than for the Fallen and went the way Ravenna had gone not long before, unconcerned whether the Fallen is following or not. Her interest in him has cooled down a bit and even slightly began to annoy Sefris, which - let us be honest - was an easy thing to do.

She was always looking for new things, always for something that would occupy her mind for more than 10 minutes, often going from hot to cold within seconds. There's never an easy way to please a demon, after all.

Edited by Alaylyne

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Whatever." Aedan mumbled and continued walking as he just started walking and was heading into the right direction anyway. Sefris' constant reminder of her demonic origins was beginning to annoy her and he could see that she was by some point annoyed by him too which he didn't care at all.

The Fallen used to made deals with demons and in the end he always won. He held himself higher above demons and everyone else.

Nawen glanced at her arm. Rhaine was more seriously injured thus she completely forgot about her own injury. "Nothing a little cure for poison potion wouldn't fix." She reassured the Doomguide and walked up to her things and started rummaging through her bag. She could already feel the effect of poison taking effects but the ranger said nothing.

Xallistine, knowing he could do little for the party's injury's, went to examine the hydra. it was a magnificent beast, and it's brain would provide sufficient fuel for the Ulitharid-- he hadn't fed since they left the underdark, so he was in fact, deprived of months worth of food, yet he never mentioned it. He looked back at the group, who were tending to wounds, so hopefully wouldn't notice him taking a meal.

he drew a carving knife, of drow design from his satchel, and cut away the top of one of the hydra's heads, he then pushed his hands inside, and tore out a large chunk of brain matter. he consumed it facing away from the group, so not to disgust them, ingesting it in his concealed mouth, and creating no mess, aside from the blood that adorned his taloned hands.

--------------------

Ravenna made her way around the Chamber, until she found the notes her mother had spoken about, they were atop a desk, an empty inkwell and a quil that had long since lost it's feathers rested with them. She turned over countless sheets of parchment, until at last reaching the details of this scattered dagger. She memorized all of the information she had seen, and set out of the chamber once more, saying a goodbye to the portraits of her family, and the corpse of her mother. She set off down the narrow passage once more, the lights behind her extinguishing as she went.

Rhaine still felt concern for Nawen, but if the ranger had an antidote potion, she should be all right. The Doomguide slowly moved over to her saddlebags...knowing she no longer needed them, she ripped a leather strap from one of the pouches.

"After you take that potion, Nawen," she said weakly, "I'll need you to reset my wing. I'm assuming that, out of all of us, you know the most about bird anatomy, yes? It works the same way. All you need to do is push the bone back into place, and I can heal it."

After a quick search Nawen finally found an antidote potion. She noticed that she had only a few of them. The ranger hoped that they'll stop in the nearest city so she could refill her supplies at least a bit more.

The ranger emptied the bottle and showed the empty one back into her bag. "Of course." She said and approached the Doomguide. Before doing anything Nawen as carefully as she could examined the wing. It looked in a pretty bad shape. "Ready?" She asked the Doomguide.

“What do you mean our ponies are ‘gone’?” Mahira’s eyes widened in disbelief. She still carried the book under her arm, but for the moment, it was the furthest thing from her mind. “Was this place locked? Wasn’t it being watched?”

The stable hand, a tall man who was obviously very embarrassed, shook his head. “I wasn’t away for long, and no, I didn’t leave the outer door locked. I’m sorry … I feel like this is my responsibility.”

“That’s good, because it is,” Echo said heatedly, clenching her fists.

Mahira put a hand upon her friend’s shoulder and squeezed it gently. “If we’re unable to figure out where they were taken, what’s usually done in matters such as this? Who makes restitution?”

“Uh, to be honest, this hasn't happened here before, at least not that I know of. And, uh, I don’t earn enough to reimburse the cost of one pony, let alone two.” The man, shamefaced, avoided Mahira’s gaze.

“There's also the cost of our saddles and saddlebags to consider," the Calishite grimly said. "Well, we’ll be back here soon, whether we find anything or not.” She took a firmer hold on Echo’s shoulder and steered her away from the stable. Once they were out of earshot, she stopped walking and said, “I wondered why you didn’t come looking for me when I spent such a long time at the bookstore. You went to see the ponies after you ate?”

“No, had a chat with the innkeeper first, when I paid for breakfast. I thought he’d never let me leave. Friendly fellow.” The halfling’s color was high. “Why in the Nine Hells would someone steal our ponies? There were other horses, why take the smallest ones?”

“Hmm … perhaps they were simply the most convenient. Our stalls were nearest the door.”

“Maybe that stable hand did it himself – took the ponies and stowed them somewhere so he can sell them later. He did say he doesn’t have much money.”

The Calishite shook her head. “I wouldn’t be so quick to reach that conclusion. He seemed genuinely upset. Even an especially masterful liar has ‘tells’, little mannerisms and facial expressions that might give him away, and I saw no signs of deceit in him. What we should look for is a masterful thief.”

“How ironic, when I’m probably the most accomplished one in Loudwater right now,” Echo replied with a smirk.

Mahira avoided making the rejoinder that if Echo were such an “accomplished" thief, her purse would be full enough to cover the cost of her meals. “In any case, we should search everywhere we can within reason; it's possible the thief’s local, with someplace to hide the ponies ‘til we leave. I'll try the part of town across the river.”

“How they’d expect us to leave without our ponies, saddlebags, bedrolls, is beyond me,” said Echo. “Ugh … never mind. You go ahead; I’ll see if I can find anything on this side of town.”

"We'll meet back here around lunchtime; be on your guard." The Calishite began walking west along the road toward the bridge.

Nawen touched the wing as gently as she could, trying to find the bone in all those beautiful black feathers. After a fortunately, quick search she found the bone. It was sticking out thus it wasn't hard to spot a white bone among black feathers. "I'm going to push the bone back now." Just in case, the ranger said giving the Doomguide enough time to prepare for what's about to happen.

With a heavy sigh she pushed the bone back to its place. She did it quickly yet carefully to lessen Rhaine's pain.

There was an awful snapping sound as the bone slid back into place, and Rhaine's vision once again turned red. Her teeth sank into the leather strap as the pain exploded in her left shoulder so great that she could not make a sound - her voice was effectively muted.

The Doomguide swayed precariously, but as the bone was now in its correct position, the pain receded almost as quickly as it had come. She took the strap out of her mouth and murmured a few words, beginning to mend her various wounds. The flesh wounds took barely any effort, sealing without scarring, but the wing would take some work. The punctures from the hydra's teeth were deep, and the bone had not only been twisted out of place, but fractured as well. After several minutes, though, she finally ceased her spell, sinking to her knees out of sheer exhaustion.

She glanced over her shoulder to see her handiwork, flexing her muscles a bit. The wing was tender and sore, but it functioned once again. A few clumps of feathers were missing, scattered on the ground around her. As she slowly gathered the mangled quills, there was a sad expression on her face - her pride, perhaps, had been wounded more than her body in this fight.

Glancing up at Nawen, she sighed, "Thank you, friend. I do hope that is all the excitement we will see for tonight...I am no use to anyone now that my power has been depleted. Is everyone else all right?"

Ianthe's hands were tightly clasped over her mouth as she watched Rhaine's wing be reset and healed. It looked quite painful, and she sympathized with Rhaine. She wasn't nearly as disgusted as she would have been when she started this journey, and realized how much she had changed. Back then, she would have been more concerned with how ugly it looked.

"Is everyone else all right?" she heard Rhaine say, which snapped her out of her thoughts and thrust her back into reality.

Her eyes pored over her hands, which were slightly singed over a layer of old burn scars. Her palms were all she had allowed to scar, back when most of her upper body had been burned beyond recognition. Running a finger over the shiny, pink ridges in her flesh, she smiled. "I'm fine. I've been much worse than this, before."

Reona raised an eyebrow in confusion, "You're clearly hurt."

Shaking his head, Arva pulled Reona away from Ianthe's side. "Leave her be. She knows if she's hurt or not." Carrying her tiny form at his side as if she were a piece of lumber, he waved with his free hand at the others before putting her down by a tree.

As Arva passed in front of Ianthe, she noticed Xallistine far off, leaning over one of the hydra's heads, and suddenly realized she hadn't seen him eat in... Well, she couldn't recall ever seeing him eat. This made her feel rather sad, but she didn't mention she noticed anything.

Edited by tokyobleach