Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

"Yip!" Norgold said, as he kicked Destiny's flanks, and he quickly took off after Angel.

As he saw the Inn in sight, and Byron, Caladus, and Nawen sitting around it seemed. Norgold laughed, it was quite odd that a Drow would actually drink, especially the seeker. "Hold up!" Norgold said to Destiny, he rode next to Rhaine and also dismounted. The reins were caught on something at first, but he finally got them loose and followed Rhaine.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ianthe hopped off of Valiance, followed by Hazel. Ianthe ran toward the tree and waved at her friends, then sat with them, poking at a small knot in the wooden table with her fingernail. She seemed to be wholly focused on the knot.

Hazel held the horse's reins and stroked its muzzle, making sure to keep her hair away from his mouth.

Edited by tokyobleach

"This wae, lasses! It's jus' around tha back, here." Byron led the group with the horses to where the best stable in the Inn was. There ye are! Nice and cleaned up!" Caladus walked over to the Shield Dwarf, and handed him a Willow Bark infusion. "Drink. For the Pain." He then resumes his seat, smiling once again at Ianthe's innocent fascination with something so simple.

Rhaine led Angel into the stable, picking a stall on the end and untacking her. She made sure there was fresh hay and water for her, then took Angel's face in her hands and kissed the mare's soft forehead.

"I do not know when I shall return for you," Rhaine said softly, stroking Angel's black-tipped muzzle, "so do not pine for me like you did last time, all right?"

She looked deeply into the horse's warm brown eyes, "May you dream of endless pastures, my sweet. Fare thee well."

With that, Rhaine turned and left the stables, waiting for the others to join her.

Norgold looked at the drink Caladus gave him, he wasn't surprised that he knew, but hopefully the pain would fully go away after this. The smell of the drink was actually very sweet, but as Norgold took a sip of the drink, the taste was bitter. However, he quickly arched his head back and drank the whole bottle in one go. The aftertaste was even worse.

Norgold went into the stable and put Destiny in the stall next to Angel, "You be good now eh?" Norgold said softly, and patted the horses head. Destiny licked his hand and immediately went to the new bale of hay in the corner. Norgold laughed and joined Rhaine.

Edited by TheBestIdiot122

Hazel walked Valiance to the stable and smiled, "Although we knew each other for a short time, it was fun riding on your back. You were the first horse I ever rode, you know." With that, she reached into a nearby basket and began to pull out some hay, then froze. A soft grin spread across her face, then she ripped off the last inch of a lock of her hair. It was quite easy, and the stems ripped like grass. She fed the green foliage to the horse and stepped out of the stable, the horse satisfied with the sweet snack.

Ianthe looked up from the knot on the table just as Hazel reached it. She smiled. Nobody else was likely to notice that part of Hazel's hair was missing, as it was still quite long and full, but Ianthe could always tell, as she had often spent hours playing with it and admiring it. She then heard Byron ask if everyone was ready. She liked the way he talked. It was very different than the way others spoke. She shook herself a little, coming back into focus.

"Right! Noo, tha entrance is a short walk awae. Food and supplies are in the room, we all need to carry a share. It's walking from here on oot people!" Byron stated. "The entrance is in an old ruin a little south west of here. I suggest we leave before dark." Caladus chimed in.

"I agree," Rhaine said in response to Caladus's statement, "let's get these supplies and go."

Rhaine hoped the ruins weren't Illefarn. If they were, she probably would experience some rough flashbacks.

Nawen followed others to the stable and remained quiet when they talked about the entrance. She had no problem seeing in the dark like some of them as well but they were right. More hostile creatures reveals themselves at night and it would be less dangerous to travel when it's not yet dark.