Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Norgold grabbed the amulet and held it in his palm, he used his thumb to rub on the stone that was engraved into the middle of the amulet. He opened his pouch and gently lowered the amulet into the pouch, and closed it again. He looked at lanthe, "I hope you're right, I nearly lost my life down there. Just the horrors of the darkness..." Norgold said, until he drifted off. Adding negativity wasn't going to help them now.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If that's all!" Caladus called. He was not eager to go back to the underdark either, but had no choice. "Follow us!" At this, Byron and Caladus walked through the door, into the oppressive darkness, and as Byron and Caladus's eyes adjusted to the lack of light, Byron started to notice the 10 year old remains of the Slaving party that had tried to kill him. "This wae!" He says, following the path his memory showed him. "Ah think Ah went this way, and came oot in... this cavern." They arrived in a large, splendid cavern, with natural, glowing crystals, gems sparkling in the wall, and the remains of several necromancers on the floor. Byron suddenly felt nervous. What if that Ullillithid was near by? He wasn't sure about their lifespan. It probably sensed him the moment he got into the underdark. "This was where the fight was, 10 years ago. The necro lair has tae be near here." Edited by BaldurAnthology

Nawen heard what Ianthe said and blushed. No one ever complimented her before. She turned to her as she followed Byron and Caladus. "Why thank you, Ianthe. You are too kind." Surface world wasn't exactly the safest place for a drow to show himself or herself. Even half drow were walking hooded if their skin tone was more like of her drow parent.

She followed the two, watching the area cautiously and curiously. She wondered how can anyone live here with no sun or refreshing rain yet this place still looked fascinating and beautiful. It was dangerous but someday she hoped to see a city where others of her race lives. The architecture must be remarkable... "Don't you find it strange how everything happens so conveniently close?" Nawen asked as she glanced at the others.

"It does always seem to be rather convenient, yes," Rhaine commented, moving slowly towards the corpses of the necromancers, "Hold and let me look at these."

The light orb followed her head as she bent down to look at the slain necromancers. There was nothing left of them but whitened bones, flesh long rotted...or devoured. Even the fabrics of their clothing were gone, only small bits of fiber clinging to the sharper bones. But there was something glittering in the light of her orb - an amulet. She plucked it from one of the skeletons and turned it over, examining it carefully.

The silver pendant had been enameled in black and red: the symbol of a flame with eyes, hovering above a dragon's claw. Her eyes grew wide. This was far bigger than she had expected...

She stood, holding the amulet aloft, "This is the symbol of the Cult of the Dragon. Are you all familiar with them?"

Byron and Caladus turned to look at it. "Nae, Ah haerd stories, but nae really, why dinnae yeh refresh me memory?" Caladus nods. "They were sworn to wipe something out, weren't they? As long as it wasn't drow, I really didn't care. Oh, and Drow, Nawen, was it? Come here. I wish to show you something."

Rhaine sighed, "I've dealt with them once before, in the Underdark beneath Cormyr. They are a cult devoted to the worship of undead dragons...dracoliches. It was established by the once-lich Sammaster, who believed that undead dragons would eventually rule the world. They are quite powerful, and hold sway in many places in the North and the Western Heartlands. It could be that this undead threat I dreamed of is the workings of a dracolich."

Nawen heard nothing about Cult of the Dragon before but what Rhaine told doesn't sound good. She had nothing to add really to this conversation so she remained quiet but then Caladus wanted to show something. She wasn't very happy about being addressed as 'Drow' at first despite the fact that she was one some people used it more as an insult rather than the name of the race but she walked up to him anyway. "Yes?" She asked as she approached the man.

Norgold followed Byron and Caladus, with the orb floating above his outstretched hand. The whole place lightly glowed as the group walked through it mysterious path ways. Of course, they pasted a couple of skeletons, it wasn't surprising. People come down here to find riches, only to meet their doom. He continued to walk until Rhaine found something, an amulet. Norgold walked closer to examine it also, his eyes widened as he took a couple steps back, "That amulet... it was in my dream back in the Temple, but the pendant was black and green." He said, running his fingers through his hair.

Now he was dreading coming down here, what only knows what could lie ahead, but this could be his chance to defeat the evil before it even finalized his plans. Norgold took a deep breath, he heard Rhaine comment about the Cult of the Dragon. "Yes, when I came down here, there were quite a few of them. However, from what I remember, the whole Cult left this place." He added.

Caladus pressed a small panel, and with a shimmer a small overlook balcony was revealed. He pointed to a cluster of lights and structures. "Judging by your expressions, you never grew up in the underdark before. If you look there, you can see a Drow city. The city of Ched Nassad. I could take you there, if you wish some day. I am well respected for a Male there. As you are female, you are to be granted more respect than I, mistress." At this, he bows deeply, and steps out of the way for Nawen to take a look.

Nawen had no idea what Caladus wanted from her but then he revealed a small balcony. From it she could see a drow city, Ched Nassad. She watched the city with the amazed expression in her eyes. It was absolutely beautiful. If not for the evil ways of the drow she would love to live in the place like this.

She continued to admire the beauty of the city while listening to the fellow drow beside her at the same time. She looked at him with her eyes wide. "Oh no! No mistress talks." Nawen knew how things were in the Underdark and she could never understand why. Men and women were all equal in her opinion so why are things different with the drow. She never found or even looked for the answer though...