Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Norgold was actually fascinated by the amount of books that were on the shelf's. He smiled, but he knew that they needed to find what they came for, and leave. He pulled out multiple books and stacked them on his left arm. He grabbed the first book from the stack that he had, and gently blew the dust off. He opened the book to reveal an Elfish language, which he couldn't read. He put the book back in it's original spot and opened another. This time, he finally opened to a draconic book, he knew a little bit of the language, but not much. He could read a few sentences, but he wasn't entirely sure.

Norgold heard Nawen, he put down his books and walked over. He saw the symbol in the middle of the page. "Is this the same symbol from the amulet?" Norgold asked, haven't seen the amulet up close.

Edited by TheBestIdiot122

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhaine pulled the amulet from her belt and extended it to Nawen,"You be the judge. Also, if you can't read these, Xallistine should be able to. It is the language used as the basis for arcane runes."

"I remember Byron.." Caladus breaks off, looking incredibly depressed for a moment, then shaking his head, continues "I remember Byron used to have a pendant for reading stuff like this at one point. It was a translator pendant he got from a gnome in Athkatla." He rummages through the pouches on Byron's bag, and finds the translator pendant. He hands it to Nawen, "Here, mistress. You might as well keep it, he... he's not going to need it anymore."

"It sure looks like it." Nawen said as she compared the drawing in the book with the amulet that Rhaine took from that necromancer. She did not know what to say to Caladus. She wanted to say something, to comfort him but she could not find the right words.

She took the translator amulet and nodded to Caladus in thanks. She saw one very similar to this, her mentor used to have one as well. "For understanding those who do not speak in common language." He said.

Just out of curiosity she put the translator amulet on started reading it silently at first. "It's like the history book of some sorts. Here, it is written about Sammaster who was the founder of this cult. Some... I don't know rituals are mentioned here too." Nawen turned some more pages and a map fell on the ground, she picked it up an opened it. Her eyes widened. The same symbol which was on the amulet and in the same book as well is used to mark locations on the map. "What in the Hells?" She thought out loud. Without saying anything she showed the map to others. Cult hideouts or something else that was clearly used by Cult of the Dragon were marked in so many places. Thesk, Turmish, Halruaa, Thay, Veldorn, Cormyr, Waterdeep, Icewind Dale and many more. "I don't think that dragons even lives in some areas that are marked here... or... do you think that they might be planning something... bigger? Much bigger?"

Rhaine sighed heavily, "It is no secret that the Cult of the Dragon wishes to conquer all of Faerun - to place us all under the rule of undead dragons. They have spread themselves far enough and have spies and infiltrators in so many governments, that if their masters simply said the word, a widespread attack could not be prevented. It is true that they tend to be more powerful here in the North, where the dragon population is higher, but they do have the means necessary to transport their most revered dracoliches anywhere in the Underdark.

"If this undead threat is indeed coming from the Cult, it may not be as benign as it seems. What appears to be simple raisings of skeletons and zombies may be far more complicated - it could very well be a distraction from the true, far more dangerous threat," she finished, leaning back against a bookshelf.

Whatever the case, dealing with this problem was going to be anything but easy.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Nawen placed the book on the table and sighed. This isn't good. What are they suppose to do now? Those books won't show anything but history of the cult and maybe some locations of one of their many hideouts. Knowledge is useful but it won't be of much use if they do not really know where to even begin. "You think we have enough knowledge now to do something?" The drow asked. She doubted that they will find something really useful in these books no matter how large and impressive Xallistine's library is.

Levetra sighed and sat back down, opposite the man. " Whats your name?" She asked.

Retholien concentrated his thoughts intensely, he now heard the adventurers names, he heard screaming and yelling, he felt slightly worried for them...

Edited by AnotherAverageName

Caladus all of a sudden let go of Hazel, with a gasp. He fumbled, and brought up his Seer Stone. He focused, and stared into it's clear blue depths. "I see many things. Things that are happening, have happened, or will happen. I see the temple, and I see a human. A good person. I see a lich, and I see a dracolich. That one isn't at the temple. it is much deeper in the underdark, in a slaughtered drow city. I see death and destruction and chaos, a corrupted deva, fused with a regular one. That one is far deeper, near Ust Nuatha. This is all I see." He stops, and drinks a potion for after having visions.