Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Drinks were calmly finished at the table where Rhaine sat; the Doomguide observed the activity and sighed again, "I think this is the first time I'm not quite sure what is going on...and still we are missing key information we need to proceed."

"Don't think we'll find it here, milady," Conall remarked.

"Especially after we're...what is it you surfacers call it? Evicted," Maydiira added sourly.

Rhaine shook her head, "I thought Leif had that handled."

"Well now it looks like Sin's handled it, too," Conall replied.

Maydiira's head cocked curiously as she watched the others from afar, "I think an innkeeper is going to be filthy rich before this is over..."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leif listened with a bemused look on his face before peeking over to the Innkeep. "Sum'b**** is gonna make a killing off of us ain't he?" He said in an amused and slightly approving tone. "Made myself a good investment it looks like." He added with a grin before turning back to those at the table. "So.. I propose that tomorrow, we all split up, investigate the city and find out everything we can about the party from whatever sources we can find, then we meet back up here during the evening and pool our findings all together and see if any of it's actually useful."

"Aye..." Rameses sighed in response to his fellow wu jen, his wrath subsiding as quickly as it had erupted. As he rose to his feet with We'tak's help, the fire genasi arched a brow when their newest drow accomplice, Sin, returned to the tavern with a blue bonnet for the thri-kreen and news that the innkeeper had been compensated twice over. Rubbing his brow, he wore a slight smile and patted We'tak's shoulder before stumbling over to the tables their friends were occupying. "I'll leave you to figure out how to wear a woman's hat, my friend." Rameses teased his thri-kreen companion, his runic szuldar markings once again flaring with devious energy.

While the fire genasi collapsed tiredly into a seat at her table, Eirene couldn't help herself from smiling at the banter sprouting among her friends. She was also quick to inform Sin and her fellow carnie, "Thank you your efforts, but they shouldn't be necessary. Leif has worked out some sort of agreement with the innkeeper already, so we are free to stay here in the Cheerful Sage so long as we do not cause any further trouble," The young Mulhorandi paused momentarily to glance in Rameses's and Kaji's direction, her expression enforcing her statement.

Her subtle words and looks did not go unnoticed by Rameses, however, who shamelessly boasted, "They gave just cause for us to do more than we did. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't have done anything differently—except preemptively beat Kaji upside his head with a chair." His brazen remark and the grin to match convinced Eirene to sigh, shaking her head as she fought an amused smile of her own.

Not a moment after he finished speaking, the fire genasi beckoned Kaji and Hi-chan to join them at the table, "Speaking of troublemakers, you two come have a seat. Hopefully we didn't scare off all the waitresses with our brawl. Also, I'll take you up on that offer for information, Kaji. It'd be intriguing to learn a little bit our sort of people."

Although, nearby talk of tomorrow's endeavors attracted the attention of both the genasi and the Mulhorandi, who both turned their gazes to Leif as he proposed a course of action. "Splitting up would cover more ground, which I can see the merit of," Eirene noted in response, and Rameses soon nodded in agreement. "Mhm. I'm sure there is plenty going on around here, from the looks of it earlier today. That gala should be happening soon, and those two nobles we met on the road were planning to get hitched here during the revelries. What were their names?"

Rameses quickly became bogged down in his efforts of recalling their aforementioned acquaintances, "The knight and his sorceress lover? Lady Rose, or something of that ilk. I cannot remember the man's name for the life of me..." Soon casting his hand into the air dismissively, he made single note before expelling the thought from his mind entirely, "Someone be sure to tell me their names if we cross paths with them again."

Chuckling softly at the fire genasi's aloof nature, the Mulhorandi reclined in her chair, feeling more at ease while her companions felt the same. Left to her own thoughts, her mind soon ventured towards the conversation she had with We'tak earlier. In spite of his youth and lack of experience—Eirene couldn't judge, being both considerably young and inexperienced herself—We'tak proved to be an unexpected source of wisdom, and the Mulhorandi felt more convinced by his advice every time she thought it over.

The Mulhorandi soon felt compelled to act according to the thri-kreen's guidance, and she quietly stood while her closest companions' attention lied elsewhere. Winding a path over to the table occupied by the group's more prestigious members, Eirene nervously cleared her throat in the presence of the trio; Rhaine, Conall, and Maydiira. "Sir Conall," She began, self-conscious of her hesitant tone, "I was wondering if we could speak of something that has been troubling me rather deeply... We'tak suggested that praying to 'Mother Moon,' might help me with my burden, and he mentioned that you were familiar with this divine?"

Eirene swallowed dryly after concluding her inquiry, actively keeping her hands at her sides to prevent herself from fidgeting anxiously. While she didn't dare to speak any further without knowing whether or not the sage warrior was willing to hear her out, the young Mulhorandi's expression ruthlessly betrayed her trepidation concerning the subject.

Rhaine inclined her head to Leif's proposal, "That seems like a sound idea. I think we would do better gathering information split up than as one large group. It should be safe enough."

"We should also see if there is a dress code, of sorts," Conall added, crossing his arms, "Is this a queen's tea party type gala or a grand ball type gala?"

"Either way," Maydiira sighed, "Shopping for clothing is going to be a chore, I think."

It was at that moment that Eirene approached them; upon being addressed, Conall stood, squinting at her as he listened to her request. Cocking his head curiously, he replied, "I...am. Would you like to speak somewhere more private?"

We'tak stood straight in surprise as what appeared at first to be an old softskin couple turned out to be Sin and her clutchmate Dimitri. The strange "bonnit," as his clutchmates called it, left him speechless, though, SIn's words taking a moment to be processed. "Spirits preserve us..." the young thri-kreen murmured, realizing his debt now to the dark pointy-ear. "Fine..." he said, dejected and antennae folded back as he finally surrendered to peer pressure. "I hope there will be much good food for this..."

"A thousand pardons, Ramesesama," Kaji said with a bow at the fire genasi's ribbing on his poor aiming before taking a seat with his companions. "I hope the waitress will not fear us as well." Sighing from a pop in his neck after stretching, the wu jen relaxed. "Nothing like a good fight to loosen up your joints, eh, Hi-chan?" Rolling her eyes, the fire elemental ignored her incorrigible master and simply meditated, deigning to remain silent.

Shrugging, he looked at Rameses and Eirene, perking up when they mentioned a wedding. "A westerner-style wedding? I am curious as to how your marriages work..."

At Eirene's question of the would-be couple, a distracted We'tak piped up with "Sir Gregor and Lady Rosalinde," hoping he got the 'titles' correct as he struggled to learn the intricacies of the 'bonnit.' "How did Dark Pointy-ear have it on, again...?"

Raising his eyebrows at the strange being known as We'tak struggle with the woman's garment, Kaji shook his head as he scratched at his chin. Overhearing Rhaine's question, though, made him remember something he'd overheard. "Hmmm... your winged companion brings up an interesting point," He started speaking. "I had heard about the festival, but I also heard rumors there would be several mages and other practitioners of magic visiting as well. It is actually the reason why I came here; I was hoping to learn of western magic..." A sour expression came over his face. "Obviously, you can figure how that went... Anyway, if your mages are anything like ours, Ramesesama, they are jealous and greedy creatures that protect their spell secrets well. It usually takes something serious to make us get together like that..."

"Oh well, I'm sure it's nothing serious." The wu jen said self-assuredly, banishing the thought from his mind. "So, you wanted to learn more about your race, my friend? Well, about that..." Kaji sheepishly smiled. "I actually don't know much about your kind, Ramesesama. I was hoping you could tell me more, like how well can you use fire, or how hot can you burn, or if fire magic came easy for you." He shrugged helplessly. "Unfortunately, all I can tell you is that at some point, a human and a fire elemental somehow... well, you know... mingled..." He said, trying to put it politely. "And the offspring born from such a union could actually breed true... that, or some wizard experimented and spliced the two into one being somehow... I'm not quite sure. Might be one of those 'djinni' I've heard about..."

Kaji chuckled. "Who knows? Maybe you and Hi-chan are related by some great Elder of flame! That would be so awesome, being related by blo- er, fire to a creature of the Plane of Fire itself!" This caused his familiar to do that strange blushing appearance again.

"Hmm..." the wu jen continued, unaware of his old friend's expression. "Perhaps the parents of the first fire genasi were like me, having unlocked the secrets of fire and transcended their humanity, and their children were your ancestors. Who knows? I must admit, I am woefully ignorant. Sorry, Ramesesama."

At that moment, a hesitant waitress stopped by their table and, surprisingly enough, had a few plates and bowls of food from before they ordered, and sat them down on the table. "Ah, thank you!" Kaji spoke briefly with a bow. "My sincere apologies for the fight." With no constraint whatsoever, he started devouring his food. "My good friend agreed to pay for the food. Many thanks, Ramesesama!" He managed to speak between bites, before turning his sole focus over to the food...

Edited by GrueMaster

"I honestly couldn't tell you much about weddings of the western variety," Rameses replied to Kaji regarding the topic of Gregor's and Rosalinde's upcoming marriage during the gala, "I've only attended one, and it was the only evening where I drank myself witless to the point where the whole occasion is difficult to remember..."

The fire genasi then leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms, an amused expression coloring his face when he caught sight of We'tak, who was preoccupied with wearing the bonnet Sin had tossed his way. When the wu jen brought up the subject of mages gathering in Furthinghome to attend the celebrations, Rameses arched his brow and contemplated aloud, "I don't see why mages wouldn't attend a festival like any other person would, though it might be something worth looking into if there are a fair number of them lingering about... And yes, not once have I met a mage outside of this company who wasn't stingy with their 'priceless' knowledge."

Following Kaji's confession that he did not know much about fire genasi either, Rameses sighed with disappointment riding his voice. However, he was still willing to answer the young man's own curious inquiries, "I personally do not know any magic concerning fire or otherwise, but I do have an odd ability or two thanks to my ancestry. It is difficult to explain, but the one time I ever used them was quite spectacular; it left the earth scorched all around me and my would-be muggers more than a little toasty."

Not long after the fire genasi concluded his explanation of his inherited talent, his mystic szuldar markings flared awkwardly as Kaji explained the origins of his planetouched race. While the wu jen spoke, Rameses also noticed the flames of his elemental companion, Hi-chan, shifting colors in an odd display. Before he could comment on the fire elemental's appearance, however, the fire genasi's table was approached by a hesitant barmaid Kaji managed to flag down.

"The bill has already been taken care of by our well-off comrades." Rameses quickly redirected the waitress, jabbing a thumb in Leif's direction before helping himself to a mug of ale; in spite of its harsh taste, the fire genasi appreciated the alcoholic beverage nonetheless.

Meanwhile, Eirene hastily led Conall across the width of The Gleeful Sage to one of its more secluded dining rooms where they might find the privacy he suggested. "I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, Sir Conall, but you are correct that this trouble of mine warrants no small degree of caution..." The young Mulhorandi said quietly, turning to face the armor-clad paladin with an uneasy expression.Her vaguely reptilian gaze darted towards the archway leading into their private nook before she started to explain herself in greater detail.

"You might have noticed my odd-looking eyes like We'tak has noticed my... less than human scent... It is because I am cursed, which is why the young one suggested I pray to this Mother Moon you both follow." She paused momentarily as her hazel gaze settled onto the floor, and she absentmindedly rubbed her scarred right arm when she continued, "I, erm, I discovered this curse on the first full moon after I was attacked by a terrible... thing that resembled a crocodile... That was about a year ago, and the curse has persisted every full moon since..."

Eirene was still very sensitive to the memories of her nightmarish experiences and affliction, and she apprehensively lifted her gaze to meet the paladin's; she felt very diminutive in the presence of that monolith of steel. It was her desperate hope that he would not jump to any unsavory conclusions. "My last full moon was just before I confronted your people's group at that roadside inn some days ago, and I am terrified of what to do when the next one arrives..."

Edited by FreemasonGamer

Feeling less than useful again, Sin watched the others move off to talk then bade a good night to Dimitri who was tossing his bag of coins as he moved out the door. Plastering a smile on when he looked back, she waved gamely then slowly let her hand fall as he mixed and was lost with the crowds. She had asked his help only to help the others, those who had gotten her here without much question beyond the first evening they met.

They had all been traveling together a long time it seemed. Even though there was an occasional surprise (Leif a businessman, who would have guessed) or some trolls in the closet, they knew each others measure, habits, delights and sometimes the correct places which to apply the "hot foot" to anger.

Sin was confused. She, despite the travels and the carnie friends, was very sheltered. She had to be the way Drow were viewed, the circumstance of her parents employment, the Drow themselves that would not hesitate to remove the life from surface Drow. And now out alone, she felt as if a leaf falling in the autumn sun, dancing in the wind and away, no control over its own destiny.

Taking a seat near the front of the tavern, Sin watched out small, dirty windows at the passing people. Through the dark smudges of the kitchen fire, the lights in the streets and the colorful garb worn by the city folk, the picture was muted to Sin's eyes. She watched the colors flow, the lights setting them off and seeming to spin like dancers. The color the spinning and pure light like the long shining hair or her kinsman. She watched many dancers over her short life. Some performers, some who danced only for the goddess Eilistraee, swords in hand...lost in their ecstasy.

Sin looked down then around as her stomach again growled. She did not really eat much before her pilfered food became ballistics. That is what she got for stealing, she guessed with a sigh. Too late to run after Dimitri, too proud to ask for coin she did not feel she earned. He had helped her, the boon was her debt to pay. From the angry scowl on the Innkeepers face she imagined that asking for a little job to earn dinner was probably out also. Seemed she had made things more complicated once again.

Sin lay her chin down, upon her arms crossed on the table before her and thought of the dance she would someday give, to Eilistraee. Red hair spread out, spilling like the liquid metal in the Dwarven forges deep in the Spine of the World. Sin continued to watch as the colors continued to dance.

"Hmmm..." Kaji sat pondering Rameses' comment on that fiery experience he had. "Some natural ability meant for self-defense, maybe? Most interesting... Ah, I mean, it sounds like you could become a powerful magician of fire with that lineage of yours!" He added hastily at the sound of disappointment in his friend's voice. "And he doesn't even have to meditate and mind the spirits... so unfair..." He pouted, a bit of jealousy in his voice as he pondered the potential the fire genasi may have.

*Nrack-tck!* We'tak cursed, continuing his struggle with the headpiece handed him earlier. Somehow, the strange thing evaded his understanding. "I have made my gyth'ka and worn armor... Why iss this so difficult!?" The thri-kreen muttered in frustration. Luckily, a barmaid came by and distracted him from that wretched cloth. "Oh, could I have ssome of those apples? They are so very sweet!" He chirped, the thought of those juicy red fruits making him salivate. They seemed simple enough on the stomach as well... that fight earlier had his chitin feeling tighter than before, and eating anything heavier did not appeal to his appetite.

Waiting for the softskin female to return, the hatchling idly played with the 'bonnit' for a while before noticing how deep in thought SIn seemed at the moment. What is wrong with her? He chittered to himself in concern, and as soon as the plate of apples arrived (much to his delight), We'tak immediately sat down by her with his food.

"These are sso delicious!" He exclaimed, pushing the platter of food between the two of them. *Chee!* "I wish my homeland had these fruits. Other thri-kreen would love thiss food. Would you like some? I was given very many, and I didn't see you eat much before that fight." He chattered in his usual rapid pace, mandibles chewing at a pair of apples between words. "You did help the clutch, and the clutch cares for all its members."

After a few more quiet bites, he glanced at Sin. "Dark Pointy-ear's mind wanders far on the sands right now, yess?" The thri-kreen said quietly, using the expression his people used for those lost in thought. "Do not worry. Everything will be alright! We are clutchmates, after all!" He said cheerfully, before studying the blue cloth again. "I will need help with this..." *Tck'tck!* Sheepishly admitting defeat, he handed the 'bonnit' to his friend before standing. "Thiss one feels tired... I think I need to go rest. May Mother Moon bless you, Sin!"

Taking a couple more apples from his plate (which now only had a few left, his appetite still managing to devour a decent quantity of food), We'tak left his clutchmates and left for the bedrooms, scratching at his now-uncomfortable chitin...

"Maybe this could mean... Oh! Good night!" Kaji, spotting the insectoid walking by, was stirred from his concentration and wished the fellow well. "Anyway, I should probably go and meditate now, Ramesesama..." He spoke as he stood with a stretch. "It will be good having my spells back."

"Hopefully you won't be so foolish next time." Hi-chan scolded him harshly. "Sheesh, Hi-chan! Alright, I'll be more mindful..." He laughed nervously. "Anyway, splitting up tomorrow may be good. I can claim to be from the Far East and heard about the gathering... perhaps the other magicians will be a little more welcoming. Well, I bid you goodnight, Ramesesama." The wu jen gave a deep bow. "Hi-chan and I are indebted to you. Please do not engage in any more fights... without me, anyway."

Smiling, he left for a bedroom with his familiar in tow, and went to rest for the night. He had a lot of meditating to do to atone for his arrogance...

=========================================================================

The next day, the young thri-kreen was not seen moving about as per his usual habit. We'tak did not come down at all, actually, shivering as he was in the dark confines of the large closet of his room and Pekwe hissing agitated in front of its doors, too afraid to leave...

Edited by GrueMaster

Conall listened intently to Eirene as she spoke, leaning with one armored shoulder against the wall where they stood in the shadowed nook. Once she reached the part about the attack, his electric-blue eyes widened, and everything suddenly made perfect sense...

The paladin leaned forward, surprise and concern evident in his tone, "You're...a werecrocodile?" Shaking his head, he added, "An unfortunate curse, indeed, Eirene. You have my most sincere sympathies. And I understand why you wouldn't have wanted to speak to anyone about this before now...but," he took a deep breath, "Hells, Eirene...the next full moon could put us all in danger."

Sighing, he glanced off towards the common room and then back at her, rubbing the stubble on his chin with one hand, "Look...I might as well get something straight with you, now that you've made such a confession to me. I'm a werewolf...born lycan. I was once part of a whole clan of werewolves who dedicated themselves to Selune...or Mother Moon, as We'tak calls her. She has many names. Selune is goddess of the moon and patron to all goodly lycanthropes - those of us who wish to master our blood and use it for the benefit of mankind, not succumbing to our beastly natures. Because I was born with lycanthropy, I have more control over it than most. But those of us who are afflicted," he inclined his head to her, "such as yourself, are not so lucky."

As she listened to Conall's immediate reaction to her confessed lycanthropy, Eirene anxiously ran a hand through her short-cut mess of hair and bobbed her head in a weak nod. Upon his explanation that he too was a lycanthrope of the werewolf variety, however, the young Mulhorandi's eyes widened with surprise, and she took a brief instance to look the natural-born lycan from head to toe. "I would have never guessed..." She muttered, hoping that such a more experienced bearer of their mutual curse might be immeasurably helpful, "Do the others and the Lady Doomguide know what you are? And do you believe that Selune might be able to... help me in any way?"

She took a moment to ponder on her own inquires before a flustered redness bubbled up in her cheeks; she sounded as hopeless as she felt concerning her curse. Once again biting her lip, Eirene sighed quietly and nodded dreadfully in agreement when Conall remarked how those afflicted with lycanthropy had comparatively little control of their curse in comparison to those such as himself. "Until now, I've always made sure I was as far away from others as possible before a full moon, but now that I've been accompanying Lady Rhaine's company, I've felt a sense of purpose that I haven't had the luxury of in a long time... Please, is there anything you think I could do that might help?"

Conall chuckled, "Rhaine has known for a while now. Most of the others should be aware, as well, though I wonder how much of them pay attention," he paused before adding, "I don't take great pains to hide it, anymore. Rhaine is all right with it, and that is all that really matters to me."

Sighing again, he shifted his weight from one foot to the other, "If it will ease your mind, perhaps you should cast a few prayers Selune's way, tonight. She is a benevolent goddess, caring for all those who suffer the plight of lycanthropy, and especially those who do not want to fall victim to its darker side. Be earnest in your supplication, and maybe she will lend you more focus and strength in the coming days. I will pray for you, as well, for what its worth."

Nodding silently, Eirene was cautiously open towards the paladin's advice, but the young woman couldn't stop recalling the sour turn of events that resulted from the last time she had naively trusted the divines. "I will pray to Selune if doing so might be of any benefit, thank you." She soon affirmed with a delicate nod, although following up with a persistent concern, "Should I do as I've always done and leave the city before the full moon rises? I would hate to desert your party, but being such trouble to you all does not settle with me much better."

He glanced down, "That...might be for the best, Eirene. I know it's not what you want to hear, but until you gain more control over your curse, by whatever means, then it is something that must be done." He paused, then continued, "I...will have to tell Rhaine about this, you know. She'll want to know, and she has every right to."

Conall's answer didn't surprise the Mulhorandi, but she was still greatly disheartened by it. She nodded feebly, wondering how many more days she had until she would take these measures to ensure the safety of her companions. "Very well. She does have the right to know." Eirene stated solemnly in agreement, adding more to her statement in the case of future matters going awry, "I may not be able to find my way back to you all as easily as I hope to depart... You might not experience it often thanks to your control, but I sometimes awaken with little idea of my bearings. At least, you and Rhaine will know why my return might be delayed."

At that, he reached forward and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, "I hope with all my heart that things improve for you, Eirene. Such a curse is an unfair burden for one such as yourself. If ever you need to talk to me, I will always listen. I wish I could do more."

The uplifting gesture brought a meager smile to Eirene's face. "I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this, Sir Conall." She insisted quietly, "If it hadn't been for you and We'tak to an extent, I would still be at a loss of what to do." Closing her eyes, she sighed quietly and noted finally, "We should most likely get back before we are missed..."

He smiled, gesturing back towards the commons, "Aye, let's go."

==============================

The following morning, as Maydiira rose early and made her way down the inn's hall, she passed by one room and thought she heard frantic hissing. Wondering if it was the insectoid's little snake pet, she pressed her ear against the door and spoke tentatively, "Ahhh, We'tak?" That was his name, wasn't it? "Are you all right in there?"

"'Suppose now is as good a time as ever to get some shut-eye," Rameses remarked to no one in particular as Kaji, We'tak and the others retired to their rooms for the night. Stretching softly, the fire genasi yawned as his szuldar shimmered tiredly like the flames of a dying fire. His brawling, dining, and drinking had all sapped his stamina for one evening, and he too felt like collapsing in a bed. However, his attention soon turned to Conall and Eirene when they reappeared, both of whom looking rather weary.

Following the others' lead, the Mulhorandi wordlessly went upstairs to find herself a room. The sight vexed Rameses, and he soon stood up, briefly approaching the paladin of Selune. "I won't stick my nose into business that isn't mine, but that didn't seem to be anything good." The genasi observed before standing at the foot of the stairs and bidding goodnight, "See you all in the morning, hopefully not too bright or early." On that note, he ventured up the winding staircase to collapse into a room of his own.

Unlike Rameses, however, Eirene stood silently in her room with her back leaning gently against the closed door. Despite her fatigue, her thoughts still buzzed like a cloud of ill-tempered wasps. Her conversation with Conall had taught her so much yet so little. She now had a companion who understood what she was going through, but that was the only real accomplishment she felt she had made. Although, the young woman's mind soon pondered on the idea of praying to Selune, which was tempting in its own right.

With a conflicted sigh, she removed her gear and knelt beside her bed, only the pale light of the nearly-full moon challenging the embedded darkness of night. Eirene quietly pressed her palms together and spoke softly, albeit hesitantly, "Selune... Lady of the Moon... I was told that you might be able to bring me peace..." You are too rigid, impersonal, she chided silently in thought before she gathered the courage to try again.

"Dear Selune, if I could ask for your attention..." The timid Mulhorandi began, her eyes shut tightly, "I feel lost, and I have felt this way for a long time. My curse, my mistakes, my fears; all of these things have me tangled in chains. That is the only way I could describe them... I pray to you so that I might have the strength and courage to free myself and find my way again... Please, Selune..."

Frankly having enough of her own trepidation, Eirene shot up from her kneeling stance, breathing heavily as she ran her hands through her messy brown hair. What was she even doing? She wanted to pour her heart into these prayers, but they seemed choked and insufficient. Her own incompetence at invoking the benevolent goddess also left her exasperated, leaving a hard knot in her throat. The young woman honestly felt like throwing something at the nearest wall as her heart fluttered and quickened, but she knew better.

~~~

Both shockingly and disappointedly, Rameses awoke early the following dawn. His gold and red locks of hair were a complete mess, and his lethargic form fought against any prospect of getting out of bed. Only the idea of breakfast propelled his sluggish, clumsy movements as he got ready for the day. Once he had freshened up and finished shaving, Rameses yawned and wandered out of his room to begin the hunt for eggs, bacon, and toast. Along the way, he almost collided with Maydiira while the drow lingered outside We'tak's room.

"What? Oh, good morning, May. What are you doing?" The fire genasi greeted haphazardly to her, his mind still foggy from sleep. It took him a moment or two to understand what she was doing; upon making the realization, he mirrored her by pressing his ear to the door as well. "You don't reckon he has a young lady in there with him, do you?" He mused cheekily, referring to the thri-kreen as if he was some adolesent human boy.

When he heard the occasional hiss or chitter from within the room, Rameses furrowed his brow and beat his fist thrice upon We'tak's door. "Everything okay in there, young friend?" He asked through the door, and the lack of an immediate response concerned him. We'tak didn't even sleep, did he? "We'tak!" Rameses soon exclaimed before opening the door to investigate the thri-kreen's silent, worrisome behavior.

Edited by FreemasonGamer