Deployment failed error please help most likely locked by external applications fix please!

tbclandot92

Is it possible your external SSD is an exFAT filesystem? To find out, open your start menu and type "diskmgmt.msc" and check the "File System" Column alongside your F partition.

If so I'm afraid there isn't a solution right now, the Vortex alpha only works on NTFS partitions because exFAT doesn't support any form of hard/soft links.

well s#*! that'll do it. Luckily this is the only thing I have on that HD so Ill see if I can reformat it to an NTFS and get it working that way. Will update and thank you

• 2 years later...

uhh little late to the party here but mines exFAT as well, and im a tad stupid when it comes to all this. is there anything i can do about it that an idiot like me would understand? like do i have to reformat the entire thing or just what the games and such are on?

Edited by ItsJustFree

uhh little late to the party here but mines exFAT as well, and im a tad stupid when it comes to all this. is there anything i can do about it that an idiot like me would understand? like do i have to reformat the entire thing or just what the games and such are on?

You might want to create a new thread for your problem. Any HDDs that are intended to work with Vortex must be NTFS. FAT/ExFAT drives would have to be reformatted (this involves completely wiping them and re-initialising them)