OMG LOL

NeroAkira

@ Rennn: The "Bronze Dragon" is a Dungeons and Dragons import, plain and simple. Gary Gygax came up with that critter decades ago -- long before there was ever an Elder Scrolls game, or even a Bethesda to make it. There are, in order of level (begining at 10 and going up in increments of 10), the following: "Dragon", "Blood Dragon", "Frost Dragon", "Elder Dragon", and "Ancient Dragon". That's it. If you see anything else appear in your game, it's the result of a mod. Now, "Dragons" come in three colors -- brown, white, and bronze. It may be that this subtype is what NeroAkira was referring to, but I didn't make that possible connection when I read the first post.

My real point is that I've done a lot of "animal extermination" quests. This is a very specific quest handed out by only one NPC in the entire game (at least if you call it "animal extermination"), and none of these have ever been dragons, but were drawn from leveled lists that don't appear to include dragons. In retrospect, I'm not saying it can't happen, but I've done these quests many times at levels from around 15 to 40 and never once encountered a dragon.

I was refering to the color thnk you redravyn for clarifying that for them.

and no my version is unmodded aside from the truegiants and dragons hunt in packs, it might have something to do with thet latter but idk, i just thought it was funny.

@ Rennn: The "Bronze Dragon" is a Dungeons and Dragons import, plain and simple. Gary Gygax came up with that critter decades ago -- long before there was ever an Elder Scrolls game, or even a Bethesda to make it. There are, in order of level (begining at 10 and going up in increments of 10), the following: "Dragon", "Blood Dragon", "Frost Dragon", "Elder Dragon", and "Ancient Dragon". That's it. If you see anything else appear in your game, it's the result of a mod. Now, "Dragons" come in three colors -- brown, white, and bronze. It may be that this subtype is what NeroAkira was referring to, but I didn't make that possible connection when I read the first post.

You'll understand if I don't read that. :P

There are a few spoilers in there.

There were no spoilers in that at all. How could there possibly be spoilers in what he said? If you didn't read it, then you wouldn't have known that there were spoilers in the text to begin with, but since you do know, then I believe you have already read it. Plus spoilers tend to only apply to spoiling very important parts of the game. Such as big plot points, special encounters that lead to something bigger, and things along those lines. Perhaps you should read the rules that apply to these forums. Might clear things up a bit.

-Elsarian

OK, it would still be good to know something though. Did you get the quest from the following person?

Aela of the Companions

If you did, then I don't think it makes any sense, since all those quests are for the extermination of "animals", and dragons are not considered to be that in this game. The animals are drawn from a leveled list that contains only the following creatures: Wolf / Ice Wolf, Ice Wraith, Sabre Cat / Snowy Sabre Cat, Bear / Cave Bear / Snow Bear, or Hagraven. Dragons aren't in this leveled list. If you were sent to an outside area (a lot of these critters are actually inside someone's house, rather than wandering around the countryside or in their "lairs"), then the dragon may have been a randomly-spawned dragon and not actually involved in the quest at all.

Now we have clarity! You aren't talking about "animal extermination" quests, fms1. That's a hold bounty that you get from talking to innkeepers or Stewards. The animal extermination quests are only given out by a certain, very specific, named NPC. Bounties are radiant quests that can involve dragons, giants, or bandit / forsworn leaders. You should have known as soon as you got the bounty that it was for a dragon. The description in your journal is pretty explicit about that.

@ Rennn: What spoilers? Elsarian speaks truth, here. Besides, if you didn't read it how could you know about spoilers? Is detailing the types of dragons, and their colors, spoiling anything? I don't think so.

• 7 months later...

OK, it would still be good to know something though. Did you get the quest from the following person?

Aela of the Companions

If you did, then I don't think it makes any sense, since all those quests are for the extermination of "animals", and dragons are not considered to be that in this game. The animals are drawn from a leveled list that contains only the following creatures: Wolf / Ice Wolf, Ice Wraith, Sabre Cat / Snowy Sabre Cat, Bear / Cave Bear / Snow Bear, or Hagraven. Dragons aren't in this leveled list. If you were sent to an outside area (a lot of these critters are actually inside someone's house, rather than wandering around the countryside or in their "lairs"), then the dragon may have been a randomly-spawned dragon and not actually involved in the quest at all.

Lol, ok, it WAS an animal extermination. I got it from you know who, and it WAS in a cave or w/e underneath the house and it didnt even fit/wasnt able to move. like i said, true giants a dragons hunt in packs. i have no explanation other then a bug/glitch/mod interference. sorry, but i dont think this is going to have much more clarity.

Edited by NeroAkira