STALKER 2 officially cancelled, GSC Game World shut down

Iv000

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/25/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-cancelled.aspx

This had so much potential, so much. The Stalker series is my favorite FPS series and now it's canceled, great.

There is still good news though! But with those good news there is even more bad news.

Good news: They formed a new team called "Vostok Games", and are continuing with the ideas of Stalker.

http://www.vostokgames.com/en/page/about-us

Bad news: Their new project is a F2P MMO FPS.

Eeeh, I'll pass. I'll just stick to playing the old Stalker games with tons of mods.

Noooooooooooooooo :(

Oh well at least I still have the other stalkers

Cuddies last 3 game boxes

Also no Bethesda they are too large a game company, they will turn stalker shallow, nor can they keep all the strange ideas stalker has

I like how people assume if zenimax bought the rights that BGS would make game herp derp. BGS already has fallout why make 2 post apocalyptic games back to back? Sounds annoying and the same team making 2 apocalyptic game would be a bad idea. If bethesda would buy the rights they would go it to some other developers.

But it doesn't sounds like zenimax is buying the rights so IMO just use kickstarter to fund it

If we're talking about Bethesda Game Studios, they'd put a very, very crappy engine to it. While Xray wasnt the most advanced thing evah, it sure took punches with every major title with its very advanced shaders.

Though it would be nice if it somehow ends up in IDs hands...