Supermutant issue

Alpha115

Well, I don't know a lot on the Fallout 4 modding front, but being that I do know some programming I would have to wonder are you creating this character from a known template or class (ex. Super_Mutant_Main) and having yours gain those properties and values, without also modifying the allowed weapon use properties (ex. Main uses ballistic and melee, you didn't set yours to ballistic, melee, and laser), among others. I reference this a bit from old Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight modding (there the characters were restricted by ai files and weapon templates we assigned them).

Maybe that helps you think of where this could be coming from.

The issue is that all other super mutants can equip and use laser rifles without any issue. its not simply a template thing. its an issue with strong as well, he cannot equip the laser rifle. Mutants in older fallouts had a weapon list but in fallout 4 they did away with said list and made something new. the is no template to select or change.

With Strong, a known compaion in the mix, he is normally classed (from guides for working with him) as a character to use melee with, or ballistics, so I would dig into any files relating to him and compare those to the ones where we know those Super Mutants can use lasers. The Primarch (if I misspelled that apologies) comes to mind for this. Now if the details for them are done by the cell (area) they are generated in, maybe those settings override some defaults set for the character. If not, then checking those files should yield some clear differences between Strong, your companion mod, and those characters. Checking details from Paladin Danse's files may help, too as we know he can use lasers. Preston may also point to something, as I have seen reports that he will not use anything but the Laser Musket, so that unique point may shed some light on what's changed where to control weapon type restrictions.

There may be a guide around somewhere for companion creation that can shed some light on all this, though the number of good new companion mods out is low, companion mods in general are a small fraction of what's available (I think the order runs weapons, clothing, power armor, quests, new world space, then companions. I'm not counting weapon replacements or retextures, though there are a few things for crafting here or there).

Good hunting.

With Strong, a known compaion in the mix, he is normally classed (from guides for working with him) as a character to use melee with, or ballistics, so I would dig into any files relating to him and compare those to the ones where we know those Super Mutants can use lasers. The Primarch (if I misspelled that apologies) comes to mind for this. Now if the details for them are done by the cell (area) they are generated in, maybe those settings override some defaults set for the character. If not, then checking those files should yield some clear differences between Strong, your companion mod, and those characters. Checking details from Paladin Danse's files may help, too as we know he can use lasers. Preston may also point to something, as I have seen reports that he will not use anything but the Laser Musket, so that unique point may shed some light on what's changed where to control weapon type restrictions.

There may be a guide around somewhere for companion creation that can shed some light on all this, though the number of good new companion mods out is low, companion mods in general are a small fraction of what's available (I think the order runs weapons, clothing, power armor, quests, new world space, then companions. I'm not counting weapon replacements or retextures, though there are a few things for crafting here or there).

Good hunting.

So I figured out a solution its an issue with a keyword. As for some of your advice most of its wrong, the way the creation kit works for fallout, and skyrim function very differently and you dont seem to even know much about fallout 4. Preston garvey can use any weapon in the game. The game has no weapon restrictions for human characters. Mutants weapon restrictions are based of of animations keywords, which is completely different.