I ran Beth.ini now I can't boot. Previous settings?

CaptainLump

I have run the ini program, then reverted all to default once I realised I couldn't boot. I had also installed some other mods so I deleted them. SMIM overwrites basically and a large tree one. All those are off. It was a stable mod build which had been the same for months.

I need someone with the Beth ini knowledge of the Beth ini.exe settings to help me understand how to sort this out I think.

I have reverted all to default for now. I changed the root dirs in the Beth ini tab. I think that's why I am having trouble.

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

I have run the ini program, then reverted all to default once I realised I couldn't boot. I had also installed some other mods so I deleted them. SMIM overwrites basically and a large tree one. All those are off. It was a stable mod build which had been the same for months.

I need someone with the Beth ini knowledge of the Beth ini.exe settings to help me understand how to sort this out I think.

I have reverted all to default for now. I changed the root dirs in the Beth ini tab. I think that's why I am having trouble.

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

I take it that you did not save a copy of your original .ini files. Make this a learning experience, always save a copy of any file that you are going to replace in case there is a problem with the replacement.

Did you verify the game files through Steam?

Did you read the entire description page. It appears that the last item in the Q & A has the solution you are seeking.

@ OP, BethINI by default should archive the previous ini by saving them into a cache within your My Documents/Skyrim folder. A quick search through my own computer shows:

..\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\BethINI Cache\Before BethINI

but like the poster above me mentioned, try to learn from this experience =)

cheers,