The shadows follow my cursor

Woundedbeast27

It's unbearable!!! The shadows of all the things on the screen follow my movements of my camera, and nothing seems to help. If I look one direction, the shadows are ugly, but they're generally in the right place. I turn the camera around, and all of a sudden nothing makes sense.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=15105

That mod fixed the shadows, but made my game completely unplayable, as it destroyed my FPS and I found myself unable to even swing a sword without lag. I run the game on medium with NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS. I don't know crap about how good that is, but all I know was until Skyrim 1.5, I didn't have this shadow problem. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to fix this issue, because with ENB the shadows are fixed, but I'm really not a fan of anything else that mod does, and without it, the shadows flip out whenever I move. It's terrible!! Please, somebody help!

EDIT: It only happens in third person, which is my primary vision. In 1st person, everything just... flickers.

Edited by Woundedbeast27

I have the 9800 gt, and although I think the GTS is slightly better, it is far from top of the line. (not to insult you, ,mine is even worse!)

Even so, I have found it possible to play Skyrim with very satisfying graphics, after some tweaking. Not that I will ever see Tamriel in glorious "Ultra" setting graphics...

Personally, I have found graphic tweaking mods (not texture mods) to be a bit of a crap shoot--ones that work fantastically with one graphics card may not be so great with mine.

If you haven't already, I would strongly suggest that you look at the Skyrim tweaks guide put out by NVidia (Google Geforce Skyrim) it can explain what every setting does, has pictures that show the effects and addresses problems like shadows, so you can make informed changes on your Skyrim pref.ini file that work for your specific card. They also give settings for some of the game cards. They don't have it for the 9800, but the general tweak info was enough to get my game in shape. Good luck!

.Good luck to you!