Need help troubleshooting mods that cause CTD or infinite load when loading saved games

capella6707

So with your potion mod you would go to the mod in Xedit. Then you would go to one of potions probably listed under potions or items. The mod just changes the weight of potions so one should be easy enough to find just by expanding all the trees.

When you click on the potion you will see every mod that messes with the potion. Each mod will be some color probably red or green. Red means the records are being changed by another mod or that mod is changing the records of another mod. Green means that mod changes aren't being overwritten.

So just by looking at Xedit you will be able to see which modes mess with the potion and the load order they are in. The mod on the far right is the last mod loaded and it's changes are what you will see in the game. So if that mod on far right doesn't have the potion changes in it then you you have a couple of option. You can move the potion lower than mod that was on the far right in Xedit. You do this is mod manager. You can't change load order in Xedit. You could copy the weight changes into the mod on the far right. You could delete all the potions from the mods that are to the right of the potion mod. You could copy the potion into a new plugin and make sure it is lower in load order than the mod on the far right. If all the mods to right of potion mod records are exactly the same as the master then you can just clean them.

Which fix you pick depends on the situation.

Hey, Baron

I basically solved the whole issue by not putting the Potions mod in the bashed patch and then forcing it to load right before the bashed patch in Vortex. But, I thought I'd look at your instructions and learn something, so with the potions mod not merged, I loaded both that and the bashed patch in SSEEdit and took a look at the Ingestible data. I came up with a few questions:

Your instructions apply to either if the problem mod is merged in the bashed patch or not, correct? It seems to me the answer would be yes, but I wanted to make sure.

Also, making changes to a specific item in a particular mod (item value, weight, etc) in SSEEdit will be overwritten if the mod that I made changes to is updated (a new version of the esp replaces it), correct?

Thanks again!

So with your potion mod you would go to the mod in Xedit. Then you would go to one of potions probably listed under potions or items. The mod just changes the weight of potions so one should be easy enough to find just by expanding all the trees.

When you click on the potion you will see every mod that messes with the potion. Each mod will be some color probably red or green. Red means the records are being changed by another mod or that mod is changing the records of another mod. Green means that mod changes aren't being overwritten.

So just by looking at Xedit you will be able to see which modes mess with the potion and the load order they are in. The mod on the far right is the last mod loaded and it's changes are what you will see in the game. So if that mod on far right doesn't have the potion changes in it then you you have a couple of option. You can move the potion lower than mod that was on the far right in Xedit. You do this is mod manager. You can't change load order in Xedit. You could copy the weight changes into the mod on the far right. You could delete all the potions from the mods that are to the right of the potion mod. You could copy the potion into a new plugin and make sure it is lower in load order than the mod on the far right. If all the mods to right of potion mod records are exactly the same as the master then you can just clean them.

Which fix you pick depends on the situation.

Hey, Baron

I basically solved the whole issue by not putting the Potions mod in the bashed patch and then forcing it to load right before the bashed patch in Vortex. But, I thought I'd look at your instructions and learn something, so with the potions mod not merged, I loaded both that and the bashed patch in SSEEdit and took a look at the Ingestible data. I came up with a few questions:

Your instructions apply to either if the problem mod is merged in the bashed patch or not, correct? It seems to me the answer would be yes, but I wanted to make sure.

Also, making changes to a specific item in a particular mod (item value, weight, etc) in SSEEdit will be overwritten if the mod that I made changes to is updated (a new version of the esp replaces it), correct?

Thanks again!

Yes to both questions.