Thoughts on DLC

jedijas

While looking at information for the new "Dawnguard" DLC that will be released sometime this summer I pondered the thought of possible other DLC of course knowing Bethesda I knew that one DLC was not going to be the end of it and hopefully by the end of this year we will have at least 3 or 4 DLCs

1 - Dawnguard:

I don't really want to say anything on this but there are some interesting ideas that I had about it. One, that it may have something to do with the Mythic Dawn (Hence the name Dawn) and a plot to other throw the Empire, In my opinion this would be the most logical outcome due to the Empire's weakness and rebellion ripe throughout Tamriel (the latest being Skyrim).

2 - Hammerfell Based DLC

This is going of the trail that leads from Skyrim into Hammerfell near Riften. It thought that since the Redguard are still at war with the Aldmeri Dominion it would be fun to have this as a DLC and it may also continue from the Alik'r Quest in Whiterun (I won't spoil it for you) and come on honestly who doesn't want to slaughter some Aldmeri Dominion. I thought also the desert enviroment would be a good and new change to Skyrim's woodland and snowy mountains. I also thought about some possible new armours and weapons (Such as Alik'r armour and Weapons and Elven Desert Gear).

3 - Morrowind Based DLC

Again this is based on the path from Riften to Morrowind. I thought that since the Dwemer play such a big part in Skyrim but are never actually physically there it would be interesting to find out how they disappeared as their last known location was in Red Mountain (Morrowind) trying to find Lorkan's Heart. I thought it would also be good if we could return to see how morrowind had changed since the Elder Scrolls 3 and maybe have some new weapons and armour based around the Khajits and the Dwemer (various different variations of the Dwemer Armour would be good such as fur cloaks/coats or maybe blood stains?).

4 - Cyrodil Based DLC

Yet again because of the road leading there. As you may know Tiber Septim at the end of the 2nd era united man conquered Tamriel and destroyed the old Aldmeri Dominion and more importantly he was a Dragon-Born (if you see where I'm going with this). You could be the next Tiber Septim! There could be an epic battle between all of the Men, Argonians, Khajits and Dark Elves against the Aldmeri Dominion. A return to cyrodil after Oblivion would also be EPIC as a lot can change in 200 years! The Arena, a chance to see a new different Imperial City the chance to become the Champion of Cyrodil and wear the Imperial Dragon Armour again! I would also love to see a re-built Kvatch as we never saw it in Oblivion!

Anyway, these are just some thoughts I had share your thoughts by commenting below!

Thanks for Reading,

Jedijas

• 4 months later...
Well it seems I was wrong about Dawnguard after having played it thoroughly, and it seems I was right that there would be more DLCs but I don't really consider Hearthfire to be a "proper" DLC only like the small ones they did for Oblivion. It is good its just not what I would look for in an official DLC. Lets see what comes of the next few months.

Hammerfall would be the most logical Decision for the next DLC. Fighting off the Aldmeri Dominion on the western coast would play right into the elder scrolls lore. I doubt a Morrowind DLC. The reason I doubt it is because they would have to write some new lore in order to make it realistic to the current story line and half of it is covered in ash. I would also be very disappointed if there was a DLC in Morrowind because then Bethesda is ignoring the Aldmeri Dominion. Cyrodill has been ravaged and ransacked by the Great War. Almost every city got mangled in some way save Bruma I think. Probably wouldnt be to interesting for a DLC unless you make your way through a certain part of it to get to (yes im gonna say it) SUMMERSET ISLE. Summerset Isle is the perfect candidate for a DLC. You play out the next great war with either the Imperials or Stormcloaks (depending on who you side with in the Civil War). Geographically the Isles are slightly bigger then the Shivering Isle from Oblivions DLC and the region is vastly unexplored in the Elder Scrolls games (as far as i know) and a new Architecture and a Style of society not yet seen in an ES game. It would be a very stupid and time wasting move should Bethesda decide to turn away from the Dominion and not include at least one Dominion focused DLC. Unless they make an entire game based around the next Great War. :biggrin:

• 4 months later...
I think bethesda are gearing up for their last DLC release in the next few months and it seems I was completely wrong about how they would go about it, instead of a continent based DLC they have gone for themes, I am disappointed in this as I would have enjoyed exploring these realms in the Creation Engine, however I hope this last DLC will have some sort of 2nd Great War theme to it :thumbsup: to Vandrath for the interesting comments.

• 3 weeks later...
So after playing through Dragonborn *warning very small spoilers - no end game stuff though* I finally got the new world space I knew and loved, exploring morrowind again was awesome, even if it was only a very small part of it. I hope this isn't the last DLC though.