Edited core ESMs and Vortex

kamikatze13

I cleaned the ESMs and made a new mod which contains the cleaned ESMs, so i have the originals and can disable the cleaned ones if anything goes awry - whole point of mod management, amirite?

However, VO is going nuts in the plugins section: they are no longer recognized as "loaded by engine", the load order is just plain wrong, all of them end up being "disabled" after application restart which, besides being a minor annoyance, it throws the mod index off.

O2k3zF7.jpg

a workaround is to copy the edited ESMs into the data folder, thus circumventing VO entirely - but this kinda defeats the use case of a mod manager in my eyes.

so, yeah. it's a bug report i guess.

Edited by kamikatze13

I cleaned the ESMs and made a new mod which contains the cleaned ESMs, so i have the originals and can disable the cleaned ones if anything goes awry - whole point of mod management, amirite?

However, VO is going nuts in the plugins section: they are no longer recognized as "loaded by engine", the load order is just plain wrong, all of them end up being "disabled" after application restart which, besides being a minor annoyance, it throws the mod index off.

O2k3zF7.jpg

a workaround is to copy the edited ESMs into the data folder, thus circumventing VO entirely - but this kinda defeats the use case of a mod manager in my eyes.

so, yeah. it's a bug report i guess.

Could you sort on 'Load Order' and then back to 'Mod Index' and see if that corrects the problem? I have seen this before, as mentioned in another thread, and everything looked ok afterwards. I think it is only a display/UI issue on startup, but I could be wrong :smile: .

Could you sort on 'Load Order' and then back to 'Mod Index' and see if that corrects the problem? I have seen this before, as mentioned in another thread, and everything looked ok afterwards. I think it is only a display/UI issue on startup, but I could be wrong :smile: .

brb, trying it out =]

EDIT: nope. didn't change anything :sad:

ADDENDUM: i also have a hard time enabling the disabled esms: i can get one .esm - actually i can only enable update.esm - to be enabled (not that it persists after application restarts) - but not the others.

Edited by kamikatze13