Nexus Mod Manager Login Problem

Elderdragon001

Greetings, I'm ElderDragon001 and I would like to state that there is an "Unexpected Response From The Nexus Login Server" whenever I try to login. This Situation is preventing me from downloading mods. Please tell me what I could do to fix this, or if it is out of my capabilities, then please find a way to solve the issue.

Thank You,

ElderDragon001

Ok, stupid noob questions here but um...

Should we just switch to Vortex and be done with it then?

I mean...your page linked above for obtaining the hotfix states that NMM is "end of line" and "no longer supported."

That seems a bit cruel since you still describe Vortex as being in alpha. I mean...most folks kinda wait till their nifty new thing is at least at beta level testing before scragging all support on their previous product?!?

I'm *barely* qualified to use NMM as it is...I'm over here trying to figure out which version of NMM I'm even using....gah.

appreciate the response to the post. but it took me a week to find this and ive had that problem for at least that long, and many others for longer. would be nice if you had posted this info in a convenient spot for all to find it, or even respond to people who reached out to your twitter about it. i mean i realize youre not a big company or whatever but posting this somewhere where people can actually find it, instead of having to respond every time in a place like here, would save both you and them the hassle.

Ok, stupid noob questions here but um...

Should we just switch to Vortex and be done with it then?

I mean...your page linked above for obtaining the hotfix states that NMM is "end of line" and "no longer supported."

That seems a bit cruel since you still describe Vortex as being in alpha. I mean...most folks kinda wait till their nifty new thing is at least at beta level testing before scragging all support on their previous product?!?

I'm *barely* qualified to use NMM as it is...I'm over here trying to figure out which version of NMM I'm even using....gah.

im curious about that too. Vortex isnt even in beta yet, and they just dropped this NMM update on us with no warning even after they said they werent going to support it any more. and on top of that, Gopher ran a video showing people how to use Vortex and, again, its still in alpha, and i guess they never considered alot of people will want to let it run for a while to let bugs get worked out before they switch. i mean, imagine having a ton of games all modded up on it then for some unknown reason it crashes and wrecks a game you get kind of deep into... i think you can imagine the raging that would go on.

would be nice if you had posted this info in a convenient spot for all to find it

It's posted on the front page of every game on Nexus Mods, which also means it will have been sent as a notification to every logged in user on the site visible in the "Updates" panel as well -- there's not really anywhere more prominent where we can post our news than...you know...the news section of every game on the site!

Vortex isnt even in beta yet, and they just dropped this NMM update on us with no warning

We actually provided two weeks warning, as per above and the news article linked.

The question about why we stopped working on NMM was explained in news posts at the time, and also in this sticky post in the NMM forums.

i have no idea where that .65 update notice would have been posted on any game, i generally only see the latest mods plastered all over the page. i dont get email updates about what goes on here, ok. and except for one time last year, i also havent seen any notices next to my profile avatar here showing me there was anything for me to look at that had come in.

and let me explain something to you; i know why you are stopping work on NMM, thats not what that quote is about. that NMM quote next to the Vortex subject is about this latest .65 update, which then rolls back to your first quote of mine about not knowing if or where it was posted.

but heres another one for you to ponder; after i installed the .65 NMM update i found yesterday, it no longer lets me arrange the load order. when a plugin is selected, the arrows dont turn blue, they stay gray and are unusable. they also cant be rearranged through the game. so its not really a fix when you have mods that need to be at the bottom of the order, but every new one you add goes there and cant be moved.

Edited by Wopatoolie