Circumvent DLC requirements Followers

Deleted21550714User

This is an idea I would like share. I have all DLC's and probably will not test.

Basically if a mods dependence on the DLC is very minor(armor piece,weapon), than the only thing stopping you from removing/changing that,dlc dependant item,in tes5edit is the dlc file you don't have, tes5edit won't load a file if it doesn't have all of it's master files. My idea is create a blank,say,dawnguard.esm file in CK. I'm confident that blank file WILL trick tes5edit. It will get you in,then you can do needed edits. At which point You would have to right click on edited mod and click Clean Masters. Look at file header,should be good.

That should work in theory. *nods* If a blank file doesn't, you could probably copy Skyrim.esm or Update.esm and rename the copy to Dawnguard.esm or whatever while editing. Might not be as easy to find what needs to be removed that way, though.

Of course, this all depends on the dependency being something in the mod's .esp file. If contains a script that requires a DLC's script, then that is another matter.

Loading particular mod with dummy/blank master file into tes5edit would show you there in tes5edit where assets are missing with a null reference which should be seen as well by checking for errors.

This is mostly applicable for follower mods that use a dlc armor,weapon,spell that would easily not be missed

The dummy file idea works but it has to be a valid plugin file. You can copy any small esm or esp file and rename it to the missing DLC (or other mod) file. Use the "Apply Script..." option on the follower plugin and run the "List records referencing specific plugin" script to list all of the dependencies. After you've edited all of the listed records to remove the dependencies you can use the "Clean Masters" option.