"You shouldn't leave things around to trip over"

Cynster

So after fighting this lady and killing her, an ally of mine who happened to be standing near by looked down at her and said "You shouldn't leave things around to trip over" xD I nearly died laughing. I'm assuming that dialog is intended for when you drop items :P

Lol, after my werewolf spree in Whiterun, I found a daed guard with a pot I dropped by him. Several more were by him. Three people were around the bodies, looking down and commenting on how the pot was there and nothing about the bodies.

Skyrim is so careless XD

I think one of the funniest things related to this that I've seen involved the following scenario:

NPC-1: Kills NPC-2

NPC-1: Walks a short distance away and then returns

NPC-1: "I'm going to find whoever did this."

Me: "Um, right, lady. Don't tell me. You're brain-dead, right?"

<rant>

The whole Skyrim AI is brain-dead, actually. These are just two of many, many examples we could take all day to list.

It's on par with something I witnessed in Oblivion:

NPC, heard from a distance: "I've fought mud crabs more fearsome than you!"

Me: Runs to investigate only to find that the NPC in question had just killed a mud crab. :facepalm:

Bethesda, sometimes you're brilliant. But most of the time your AI programmers are just lame. Or lazy. Or both. You can do better. Hire some competent programmers and fire half of your staff that just works on eye-candy (so you'll still be making money), and bring us a game that doesn't break immersion every two minutes with inane remarks from NPCs who are clearly clueless about everything that's going on around them.

</rant>

My favourite:

Dovahkiin : Standing next to the skeleton of a just slain dragon with 3 town guards,

1st Guard: You did it you absorbed it's very soul! :thumbsup:

2nd Guard: In all my life I've never seen such a thing! :thumbsup:

3rd Guard: My cousins out fighting dragons and what do I get? Guard duty! :wallbash:

PLEASE, Bethesda hire an assurance team ...

One of the few times the Skyrim AI got it right....just coincidence I know, but perfectly timed:

My Dovahkin having just bought down a Dragon with his 'Dragonrend' Shout and dispatched it, turns around to find Maiq standing close behind him...M'aiq's line: "M'aiq does not understand what is so impressive about shouting. M'aiq can shout whenever he wants".

Timing perfect.... :D

One of the few times the Skyrim AI got it right....just coincidence I know, but perfectly timed:

My Dovahkin having just bought down a Dragon with his 'Dragonrend' Shout and dispatched it, turns around to find Maiq standing close behind him...M'aiq's line: "M'aiq does not understand what is so impressive about shouting. M'aiq can shout whenever he wants".

Timing perfect.... :D

ahaha xD nice. That's great.

the best one for me was not just the line but the tone of voice used.

I shot a bandit with my paralysis enchanted bow and as he seized up and started to fall he uttered the immortal line "Gods no"

not funny in itself but the way he said it sounded like he had just found out that his dog had crapped in his boots :D