Fallout 4 crashing to desktop at startup

goo29

So I just decided to install Fallout 4 again, and i started a new game and created my character and all that. Then I started downloading mods and it crashed at startup everytime, and after I removed the mods it would still CTD about 5 times before it worked again.

As of right now the most I can have modded to the game is AWKCR and ArmourSmith Extended plus DLC parts, if I add a single mod after that it will CTD at startup

I have the most recent version of Fallout, F4SE and Drivers, and I just don't know what the problem is, I saw somewhere that F4SE wasn't patched to the newest version of Fallout, but I have no way of knowing if thats true or not

If anyone has any trouble shooting ideas it would be great, thanks.

I had/have the same exact problem. Been gone a year, started fresh, just a couple mods ... CTD after a short try to load period. uninstalled all mods ... same. Whats weird is I ended up deleting fo4 completely and re-downloading it ... now it says my game version is newer than f4se, but it didn't say that before and I had no prompt to update. Also f4se says build: 0.6.7 on the download page but when i try to launch it says 0.6.6. - I guess this an instant reminder why I quit playing for so long.

Dunno if you fixed it or not... but here's what I did.

Press the Windows button + R (opens run program)

Paste this - steam://open/console

in the steam console paste this - download_depot 377160 377162 5110854698702395686

It will download the previous Fo4 launcher to match the current f4se (Fallout 4 runtime 1.10.82 - build: 0.6.7) - you'll find it in - Steam\steamapps\content\app_377160\depot_377162 - copy and replace in your fallout 4 folder.

I, however, take zero responsibility if this should happen to cause any sort of malfunctions or computer apocalypse of any kind : )