CTDS Quick question

I didn't know what forum to put this under but Im sure this is it.I've always wondered why fallout Nv and 3 has so many CTDS? I mean I beat the game with out mods once and still had CTDs.I'm not computer wiz but I'm sure one of you helpful people can give insight?

also not related:just not fallout I mean skyrim,oblivion,,the only one was morrowind that I didn't get any CTD.Is it a engine thing?

How many do you consider "so many" Beth games have always had CTDs. So, yes, it is an engine thing. And adding mods can increase the number and frequency. If you can play for two hours straight (or more) you are not having too many - and you probably needed a break anyway. :tongue: So save often, it's cheap sanity insurance.

There are many causes of CTD, some from the vanilla game but most from mods.

running out of RAM, background programs interfering, mod incompatibility, mod glitch and others. Many of our modders are not professional programmers and do make mistakes and the typical first mod is tested for about an hour before being uploaded. To me the amazing thing is how few problems they cause. :thumbsup:

I started playing Skyrim at the 1.4v mark, and that one seems to have been where they fixed a lot of glitches, because I have been playing for over 200 hours, and have had only 2 CTD, and both were attributed to things that happened outside the game engine. I remain amazed by how stable Skyrim runs. As for FNV or FO3, once I was guided to throttle the cores, the games ran extremely stable. In fact, I can console cheat code the heck out of FO3 and not have any crashes, and Oblivion is near flawless for me, though I have very few mods installed, and those are for graphics. In FNV, I've found that it is not as cheat-friendly, and it is very picky about mods being placed correctly and any cheats must be done cautiously.

So, in my case, Bethesda seems to be the more stable games producer.

EDIT: The core-throttling was necessary for FO3, only.

How many do you consider "so many" Beth games have always had CTDs. So, yes, it is an engine thing. And adding mods can increase the number and frequency. If you can play for two hours straight (or more) you are not having too many - and you probably needed a break anyway. :tongue: So save often, it's cheap sanity insurance.

There are many causes of CTD, some from the vanilla game but most from mods.

running out of RAM, background programs interfering, mod incompatibility, mod glitch and others. Many of our modders are not professional programmers and do make mistakes and the typical first mod is tested for about an hour before being uploaded. To me the amazing thing is how few problems they cause. :thumbsup:

haha Yeah man I really did need to get out I recently picked up CASM man that mod is hands down my fav,,makes the most sense,,I think all PC games need it.I mean it's prolly my ram I'm currently in the process of Getting more,,but bills first games second.. the PC I have now only has 4gb of ram so that may be it..thank you!