[LE] Multiple Masters problem

I'm re-posting this issue as I haven't gotten any responses about it yet. I'm sure somebody has had this same issue somewhere along the road. Anybody?

Hey boys & girls,

Everyone knows that if you alter the SkyrimEditor.ini you can load multiple master and DLC files simultaneously, right? Wrong. I did this on my desktop machine and it works perfectly. Not so on my laptop. I don't know why. I have located two instances of the SkyrimEditor.ini file; one in the \Documents\Games\Skyrim folder, and the other in the actual game folder \ProgramFilesx86\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim. I've edited them both, but when I start CK and select more than one master, I get the error message and CK aborts the load. I am, at this point, frustrated to say the least. Why does it work on my desktop and not my laptop? Anyone have a similar problem with a possible solution? Any help is greatly appreciated. :sick: :geek: :confused: :ohmy: :sad:

More info:

Desktop OS is Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10 (CK works great on this one)

Laptop is pure Windows 10 factory loaded (CK won't load multi-masters on this one even after editing the .ini files. This is very annoying as I can't work on my mods away from home.)

Anybody got any real solutions for this problem?

Edited by varkonasnorse

I believe you only edit the editior ini in common\skyrim not the one in documents

Did you put all these changes in:

SkyrimEditor.ini

[General]
bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

[Archives]
SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

I believe you only edit the editior ini in common\skyrim not the one in documents

Did you put all these changes in:

SkyrimEditor.ini

[General]

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

[Archives]

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

Ya. The one in the docs folder is exactly the same as the skyrim folder so I left it alone. But, yes I edited the .ini just like you have it here, but still won't work in my laptop.

Edited by varkonasnorse