Missing Master File

Ewigleben14

If anyone can help with this...

Everytime I run Morrowind a warning message reads Missing master file: GIANTS.esm

I tried to look for a solution on the interwebs but Everything I came across says something about a mod called Giants. Which I do not have.

Edit: It was a blood and gore load error, fixed.

Edited by Ewigleben14

• 1 month later...
Odd that it should request Giants, though. For what it's worth, I wouldn't suggest finding and running that mod. The modder in question wasn't the tidiest, and efforts to remove his stuff have been widely reported to *not* reinstall original game files needed to run Morrowind. I discovered this to be the case from personal experience, as well.

• 7 months later...

I'm having a similar problem but it reads "Missing Masterfile : TR_Data.esm". What do I do to fix it?

Edit: ignore my stupidity, TR must refer to Tamriel Rebuilt, looks like I'll have to either install all of the Tamriel Rebuilt maps or reinstall Morrowind from scratch and start over.

• 3 years later...

I'm having a similar problem but now wilderness.esm is missing from morrowind

If you haven't already try running your load order through mlox, there're number of rules in its rule-set to identify plugins which need modder-created ESMs. Maybe the plugin you've got is included.

Otherwise, "wilderness mod.esm" and "The Wilderness Mod 2.0.esm" are the master files for ThePumaMan's Wilderness Mod (v1.1 and v2.*, respectively) which is the most likely candidate.

• 2 years later...